Double or single points?

I will be boarding the Rhapsody for the crossing in late April. Booked, and paid in full, for 2 passengers but the wife cannot make it so I will go solo.

I have tried to change the reservation to solo but that would mean a re-price at current solo rates which would cost substantially more than I paid. I would also lose some OBC and the select drinks package included.

Royals advice is to 'no show' the wife at check in.

Does anyone have any experience of 'no showing' one guest and did you receive single or double points?

Thanks

Pete

Yes, C&A.... but how do you get double points? I'm about to travel on 6th RC cruise and not sure what I've gotten. I have 36 cruise points but not sure how I would have gotten double points. My wife as been on all 6.

Yes, C&A.... but how do you get double points? I'm about to travel on 6th RC cruise and not sure what I've gotten. I have 36 cruise points but not sure how I would have gotten double points. My wife as been on all 6.

You get double points if you travel solo in a regular cabin or if you are in a JS or better. You get 3x the points if you travel solo in a suite.

I will be boarding the Rhapsody for the crossing in late April. Booked, and paid in full, for 2 passengers but the wife cannot make it so I will go solo.

I have tried to change the reservation to solo but that would mean a re-price at current solo rates which would cost substantially more than I paid. I would also lose some OBC and the select drinks package included.

Royals advice is to 'no show' the wife at check in.

Does anyone have any experience of 'no showing' one guest and did you receive single or double points?

Thanks

Pete

I've been in this position before. My partner had work commitments overseas, which we knew could overlap with the cruise, and they did.

Just check in at the port at usual. You won't have any problems.

Port taxes and charges will be refunded.

Yes you are entitled to double points, but you may need to remind them when the points are added post cruise. Just a quick phone call to C&A solved that problem for me.

Just a final thought. If you've never cruised solo before as I hadn't, you may be dreading it or be feeling apprehensive. Let me tell you that my solo was one of my best cruises ever and would certainly do another one if needed.

Hope that helps!

Just a final thought. If you've never cruised solo before as I hadn't, you may be dreading it or be feeling apprehensive. Let me tell you that my solo was one of my best cruises ever and would certainly do another one if needed.

Hope that helps!

It does help, thank you. I have done 10 solo cruises now, but thanks for the advice.

It's amazing how quick the points add up going solo! I did 7+16 nights on the Vision November 2016 with the 16 nights being in a really good price in a JS so 14 points then 48 points.

Pete

You just have to report your wife as no show at check-in and will get the double points.

You will also get back port taxes for her but this claim has to be sent to RCL Miami in writing after the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I won't be sailing on March 27 Serenade, we have already received the credit for taxes.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Cruised single in January. When I got home I was only credited with single points. A call to the Crown & Anchor desk got a quick resolution to the issue.

This is really what you have to watch. About 50% of the time I only get single points, but a quick call to C&A gets that fixed.

This is really what you have to watch. About 50% of the time I only get single points, but a quick call to C&A gets that fixed.

This seems to be happening a lot more. I seem to have to call after every cruise to get the points straight. ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So I'm traveling solo and have booked a balcony. I was able to purchase during the 60% off for second person. Would I still get double points?

;p

You should get the double points but sometimes you have to ask about it after. Out of my four solo cruises I have had only one automatically come up with the double points all the others I have had to send an email to C&A to correct. But it's been a quick fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just for clarification (in case someone needs it):

I spoke to a nice young lady at C&A this morning and asked about it (because I did a solo this January).

She explained that if you book a "studio" cabin, and do not pay the double-occupancy rate, double points do not apply.

And yes, solo in a JS or above does get triple points. :)