Average age on Celebrity

NOSaints1

Although several have responded here that the average age is 55, I would guess the average age is higher than that. I am 73 and it seems that most people are closer to my age than 55. I will note, however, that Hubby and I take the longer cruises on Celebrity and that will skew ages higher, even on Royal and Norwegian.

I will add that although the average age on longer cruises seems higher than 55, the folks who take long cruises strike me as a very active bunch, all in all. I never cease to be amazed at the energy and adventurous spirit of passengers even in their eighties on Celebrity cruises. I hope I can be as active and involved in my eighties.

We have a hard time being active in our 30s with our illness that takes away our energy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That is a wonderful thing about cruising....you can be as active (or non-active) as you want.

• Like 2

• 5 years later...

I would say average age is around 55 - 65, but also it depends on the itinerary. We took our first Celebrity cruise at 21 - transatlantic cruise from Southampton. The average age was about 70, many people asked "where are you from to be able to take this much time off work" or " you are definitely the youngest on here". On the other hand, we have taken a South Pacific cruise where the average age was around 50-60.

We are in our 30's now and Celebrity is the only cruise line we cruise with. We cruise for the excellent food, quality (non tacky) entertainment, great service and relaxation. Never has there been a time I have been bored, and I've happily attended colouring in classes, scrapbooking, late night shows etc.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, xxpinksaltxx said:

I would say average age is around 55 - 65, but also it depends on the itinerary. We took our first Celebrity cruise at 21 - transatlantic cruise from Southampton. The average age was about 70, many people asked "where are you from to be able to take this much time off work" or " you are definitely the youngest on here". On the other hand, we have taken a South Pacific cruise where the average age was around 50-60.

We are in our 30's now and Celebrity is the only cruise line we cruise with. We cruise for the excellent food, quality (non tacky) entertainment, great service and relaxation. Never has there been a time I have been bored, and I've happily attended colouring in classes, scrapbooking, late night shows etc.  

We were on a 14 night cruise back when we were in our 30's and one older gentleman was disgusted that we were able to have 2 weeks of vacation time. 

We tend to avoid cruising when the likelihood of more children will be on board since we did a 7 night Caribbean cruise during school break out of PR on Millennium years ago.  Average age was more like 40 on that trip. 

58 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Other passengers once asked us if we were crew... :classic_laugh:

Years ago, my standard embarkation attire was a pair of khakis and either my red or white Celebrity pocket polo.  Alas, I am no longer mistaken for crew.

• Haha 1

55?  The dozen or so children must really be skewing the age…Been on 7 sailings since the restart, if we don’t count those under 18, It’s at least 60.  Also I’ve found most who are in their 20s are bored out out of their minds and only went because their parents paid for them to join them

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Other passengers once asked us if we were crew... :classic_laugh:

Once, on embarkation day, I was wearing a Celebrity visor and a couple thought I was crew and asked me where the nearest bar was.  We were in front of the Sky Lounge on Equinox.  Well, I said, I don’t work here, but I am an expert on this issue!  Let me say that the answer as to the “nearest” bar would be the Sky Lounge…however, the nearest open bar would be the Mast Bar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/5/2022 at 6:28 AM, TMaine said:

We were on a 14 night cruise back when we were in our 30's and one older gentleman was disgusted that we were able to have 2 weeks of vacation time. 

We tend to avoid cruising when the likelihood of more children will be on board since we did a 7 night Caribbean cruise during school break out of PR on Millennium years ago.  Average age was more like 40 on that trip. 

I once asked for a couple of weeks off -- because (a) one of my subordinates had previously gotten approved for it by somebody else, not me, and (b) because I had been seriously burning out for months and I desperately needed it -- and thought I might get fired just for asking. So I share that older gentleman's disgust. 😉

We also avoid cruising certain times of the year for the same reason you stated, which of course (I presume) will affect age range.

For years I have had the "sense" that Celebrity cruisers were older on average, mostly because of X's approach to cruising, the way the cruise line presents itself.

17 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

55?  The dozen or so children must really be skewing the age…Been on 7 sailings since the restart, if we don’t count those under 18, It’s at least 60.  Also I’ve found most who are in their 20s are bored out out of their minds and only went because their parents paid for them to join them

Not our experience. Our 23 year old son and 27 year old niece recently sailed with us. They said it was their best vacation ever. My 25 yo daughter also LOVES celebrity and has never been bored. Her husband is very excited for his first upcoming cruise. My kids have been sailing Celebrity since they were  14 and 12 and have loved every cruise and have never been bored 🤷🏻‍♀️

I'm in my late 20s and sail with Celebrity! We were on a July sailing and the average age was younger than what my parents have usually sailed in non-summer months. There were a lot of young people on the sailing and a good mix of normal retired crowd. I did not sail Celebrity pre-pandemic, so I can't offer a contrast. 

• Like 1