approx how much charge for mini bar items

creel5857

we have ss stateroom on westerdam and typically don't use mini bar items much and will need some space for my ice tea (LOL) so wondering about removing it vs using items. Travel agent described as a "small suite" but didn't include mini bar.....so just planning ahead. Thanks

The cost for all of the items varies. A price list is somewhere to be found, but I don't recall where. Sometimes, though, returning from an exhausting trip ashore, being able to open the frig and getting a can of beer or a bottle of wine rather than going to a ship's Lounge is worth whatever it may cost. At least, for me!

You can ask your cabin steward to keep your ice bucket full of ice...bring your own water bottle on the ship with you and use the ice int he bucket for cold water. No need to pay for the exorbitant price for a bottle of water. The water from the tap is tasty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

we have ss stateroom on westerdam and typically don't use mini bar items much and will need some space for my ice tea (LOL) so wondering about removing it vs using items. Travel agent described as a "small suite" but didn't include mini bar.....so just planning ahead. Thanks

I am currently on the Westerdam. Here is a picture of the mini-bar prices.

ecc0069fbee357eda62a711b59e3c688.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We like using the mini bar now, especially we are now 4-star Marniers. 50% discount, got to like that. :):)

Agree 100%! Now less expensive than getting drinks at a bar (by 50%) and bringing back to cabin.

• Like 1

We like using the mini bar now, especially we are now 4-star Marniers. 50% discount, got to like that. :):)

Agree 100%! Now less expensive than getting drinks at a bar (by 50%) and bringing back to cabin.

I really was looking forward to this (our last cruise was our first as 4-star). Unfortunately we had a lot of problems on that cruise (14-day Koningsdam) and the beverage department manager was one of many.

Even though we asked to have the mini bar replenished, it never was until the last few days of the cruise. And the manager told us that if they did replenish it, we would be charged not only for what we drank but anything we didn't drink! Of course we knew that was not true. They did in fact try to charge us full amount too.

Hopefully on our next cruise we'll have a better beverage department. ;)

Can not help you with the brand (didn't any of it). We experienced our first 4-star last Nov. on the Oosterdam and worked great. From priority boarding, discounts, free laundry is was great. Hoping to do it again soon

• 2 years later...

so, if you drink gin, and are going for 34 days, is the Gin and Tonic package (plus adding some tonic from on shore) a better deal than the mini bar?  We are 3s, so get a 25% disc for this trip.  hmm, have to calculate. . . . . .🧮

1 hour ago, OhioLair said:

so, if you drink gin, and are going for 34 days, is the Gin and Tonic package (plus adding some tonic from on shore) a better deal than the mini bar?  We are 3s, so get a 25% disc for this trip.  hmm, have to calculate. . . . . .🧮

Please report back :).  We are on the Amsterdam for 51 days later this year, and also 3 star.  THANK YOU!

1 hour ago, DaveOKC said:

When do you get charged for the mini bar items?  Is it during the cruise, every day or so, or is it after the cruise is over?

How do they handle the 50% discount for 4 Stars?

We got charged about every 3 days or so on our cruise, Dave.

the 50% discount was automatically applied.

They do check the mini bar on disembarkation day in case there has been further consumption.  It’s been that way for us on our recent cruises which have all been 24 days, at least.  Not sure how it works on a 7 day.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

We got charged about every 3 days or so on our cruise, Dave.

the 50% discount was automatically applied.

They do check the mini bar on disembarkation day in case there has been further consumption.  It’s been that way for us on our recent cruises which have all been 24 days, at least.  Not sure how it works on a 7 day.

Thanks!  We are on a 14 day, so will watch or bill.

On Embarkation Day, I tell my Room Steward to have the minibar contents removed and two Diet Cokes per day added. 

For my last Westerdam cruise (Alaska), the original contents were removed the next morning and my requested 10 Diet Cokes were placed in the minibar.  The charge with my 5* discount appeared on my bill the same day. 

For longer cruises, I'm sure you could order more refills of your favorite minibar beverage(s)

One of the first things we do when we get in the cabin is remove all items from the cooler/ minibar and put them in the hassock ( so our carry-on soda, etc, can replace their stuff).  We do the reverse the night before disembark.  I take a picture of their configuration so I can replace it the way they want it. 

For us, it’s  much more efficient ( and part of our “we’re on a cruise” ritual) than asking the room steward to do it :).