Elite breakfast

weregoingcruising

What is the coffee house style breakfast that's served in the Captains club lounge?

Celebrity does not have a dedicated lounge like Royal does. The breakfast is usually held in one of the Specialty restaurants. You will be notified of the location by a letter in your stateroom which will also tell you where the evening event is held. The breakfast is basically a Continental Breakfast with some alcoholic drinks.

On the Silhouette in Aug 2016 on the British Isles cruise the breakfast was in the Tuscan Grill. It was a buffet with mini bagels, breads, sweet rolls, cheese, meats, yogurt, fresh fruit.

On the Infinity in Feb 2017 on the Rio cruise the breakfast was in the Tuscan Grill (former USS United States) and you ordered off a menu that had 5 or 6 plates: bagel and lox, pastries, cheese plate, fruit plate, & something else. I There was too much food and not enough choice. For instance I wanted fruit and cheese but not 2 large plates. After the first breakfast I ordered the fruit plate, my husband ordered the pastry plate and we shared. I missed the buffet option where I could take as much or as little as I wanted.

You can order specialty coffees and some alcoholic drinks (mimosas, bloody mary's, etc.) at no charge.

Both formats (the buffet and the menu) are still in use, depending on where in the world you are sailing and also on which ship.

Either way you'll find a cold breakfast of fruit, meat, cheese, pastry, salmon, cream cheese, capers, juice, smoothies and espresso based coffees as well as mimosas and Bloody Mary's.

Infinity in Oct had a sumptuous buffet in the Tuscan Grill...We only went once but it was very complete. .so many choices, great coffee. Much better than our room service breakfast!

, Guess it depends on each ship and sailing.

Not every waiter at the Elite breakfast volunteers the information, but you can order just what you want. Mini bagels & salmon, or cantaloupe and yogurt. I've ordered these on occasion once I realized I could get what I wanted. I just asked.

Not every waiter at the Elite breakfast volunteers the information, but you can order just what you want. Mini bagels & salmon, or cantaloupe and yogurt. I've ordered these on occasion once I realized I could get what I wanted. I just asked.

Wish I knew this. We eventually stopped going to the Elite breakfast and had croissants and coffee in al Bacio instead.

We have always had salmon, bagels, variety of fruit, and yogurt. It is on the buffet table in Tuscan. The only time it is preplated has been in Alaska. They also have cold cuts, different cheeses, and a variety of pastries. They also have sparkling wine and bloody marys.

Went on the Silhouette at the end of February. The Elite breakfast was in The Tuscan Restaurant and was ordered - we were told they are not allowed to do a buffet on carpet. Be sure to order the smoothies - they are very good.

To be clear, whether it is a buffet or plated on any particular cruise depends not on the ship or the cruise location but on the number of eligible elites aboard for that trip. If the number aboard is below a certain cut-off it will be plated. Above the number and they will do a buffet (fruit, cold cuts, etc.). You chances of having the buffet will be higher on trips that attract more seasoned travelers. For example, we got the buffet on a Panama Canal trip, but trips to the Carib are less likely to reach the cutoff.

Either way it's mostly cold food. The main benefit IMO is unrestricted access to upscale coffees and some drinks without paying or having a package, and of course the surroundings are more pleasant. If it's a hot breakfast you want then go elsewhere.

Edited by jan-n-john

On our recent cruises, we've found that the coffee served at the elite breakfast is, at best, pre-made...likely kept warm in pitchers. If you want good expresso based coffee, go to cafe baccio where it's actually made to order.

On our recent cruises, we've found that the coffee served at the elite breakfast is, at best, pre-made...likely kept warm in pitchers. If you want good expresso based coffee, go to cafe baccio where it's actually made to order.

Interesting. We can only speak from lots of experience on the Solstice Class ships where the Elite Breakfasts are held in the Tuscan Grill. Coffee is so-so. But expresso based drinks are freshly made to order (done in the crew area).

Hank

My sister and I are cruising together this Fall. Can I, non-elite, join her at the elite breakfast or lounge for drinks?

I am cruising with a friend next year, I am elite but only just so have never cruised as elite. I have emailed this very question to the captains club so when I get a reply I will let you know.

My sister and I are cruising together this Fall. Can I, non-elite, join her at the elite breakfast or lounge for drinks?

Yes, most definitely if you are sharing the same stateroom.

You can't just be cruising "with" someone but must actually be registered in the same stateroom.

(Otherwise, all the Elite members would invite all their friends. :D)

If you see the Captain's Club host, s/he can give you your own card, or put a sticker on your seapass card, that you can use for admittance to the Elite events even if you and your roommate do not enter the room together.

Edited by varoo

Thanks, varoo.

Yes, most definitely if you are sharing the same stateroom.

You can't just be cruising "with" someone but must actually be registered in the same stateroom.

(Otherwise, all the Elite members would invite all their friends. :D)

If you see the Captain's Club host, s/he can give you your own card, or put a sticker on your seapass card, that you can use for admittance to the Elite events even if you and your roommate do not enter the room together.

I travelled last fall with a friend who was not elite. We shared a cabin.It was my first cruise as elite, and yes, she got to attend elite breakfast with me and also got coupons for elite happy hour drinks. It was a transatlantic, so coupons were used, because of the large number of elites onboard. (3 each).

On Summit I really enjoyed the Elite breakfast. It was in one of the speciality restaurants. I had the same waiter every day and he pretty much figured out what I wanted. It was half way through the cruise though before I realized I could get a bloody mary and/or mimosa though. But from that day forward...;p