Future Cruise Deposit - I have one, but my travelling companion doesn't....

FunforGin

Hey I've been reading heaps of posts about future cruise deposits, trying to find confirmation of what I was told by the person in the future cruise office on Golden Princess.

I told him I would be cruising with my aunty in a couple of years, and I understood that I couldn't buy a FCD for her when I bought mine, but he did tell me that when she went to book into same suite with me, she too would only have to pay the equivalent of $100 FDC.

So.....my problem is that I've read in other posts that any other person travelling without a FDC would have to pay the full deposit. But, as I'm paying for her, I'm trying to find out for sure if what I was told by the staff member is correct......

Can anyone help please?:)

You need one FCD for each person. The FCD is your $100 deposit. If you don't have one for everybody then those who don't have the FCD must pay the regular deposit. At least that is my understanding. If I'm wrong I'm sure I will be corrected but it really only makes sense.

You need one FCD for each person. The FCD is your $100 deposit. If you don't have one for everybody then those who don't have the FCD must pay the regular deposit. At least that is my understanding. If I'm wrong I'm sure I will be corrected but it really only makes sense.

Thrak your right correct and she won't receive any OBC for not having a FCD.

Tony

Hey I've been reading heaps of posts about future cruise deposits, trying to find confirmation of what I was told by the person in the future cruise office on Golden Princess.

I told him I would be cruising with my aunty in a couple of years, and I understood that I couldn't buy a FCD for her when I bought mine, but he did tell me that when she went to book into same suite with me, she too would only have to pay the equivalent of $100 FDC.

So.....my problem is that I've read in other posts that any other person travelling without a FDC would have to pay the full deposit. But, as I'm paying for her, I'm trying to find out for sure if what I was told by the staff member is correct......

Can anyone help please?:)

That is correct. If she is traveling with you and you are sharing a cabin, she only pays $100.00. When my daughters friends travel with her and they share the same cabin, the charge is only $100.00.

It used to be that you only had to pay $100 for the 2nd person (they would not get the OBC). I don't think this has changed.

Check with a cruise TA - they often have $100 deposits anyway periodically.

Book a BVE before you book your cruise. Pick up a FCC. She will get:

FCC deposit

Get her $39.00 BVE fee credited toward cruise

and a little OBC.

I was always told that if I have FCC and my travel companion does not, that person will pay full deposit unless there is a promotion,

If you have a FCD, you will get the $100 deposit and whatever OBC is associated with the type of cabin you book. Your cabin mate will be entitled to the $100 deposit, but no OBC. I know this to be fact, as I have traveled with friends who did not have FCD's. :D

Book a BVE before you book your cruise. Pick up a FCC. She will get:

FCC deposit

Get her $39.00 BVE fee credited toward cruise

and a little OBC.

I was always told that if I have FCC and my travel companion does not, that person will pay full deposit unless there is a promotion,

That is easy if you live near a port (many of us don't).

Edited by Coral

If you have a FCD, you will get the $100 deposit and whatever OBC is associated with the type of cabin you book. Your cabin mate will be entitled to the $100 deposit, but no OBC. I know this to be fact, as I have traveled with friends who did not have FCD's. :D

It used to be that you only had to pay $100 for the 2nd person (they would not get the OBC). I don't think this has changed.

Check with a cruise TA - they often have $100 deposits anyway periodically.

This has been my experience as well, but it's been a long time since I have done this.

Person in the same cabin will be booked with a $100 deposit but no OBC. It is fairly common to get a "sail with" invitation to book more cabins with the same $100 deposit, and sometimes with OBC.

Your TA or Princess can confirm this when you do the booking.

Just make sure you book a cruise within two years of your FCD (booking date, not sail date). They used to extend FCDs easily but now they would rather send your money back at two years than keep it on file.

I just did this 2 months ago. DH had an FCC but I didn't. I was able to pay just the $100 deposit but once I got more FCCs, I could not add it to the booking. They did that for awhile when FCCs first came out, but they haven't been doing that for quite some time now. So, with one FCC, you're good for the low deposit. With two, you'll get the OBC too.

Hey guys, thanks so much for your help:)

By the way, what does BVE mean please? Also while I'm at it what does OP mean as well?

I'm still a newbie learning all this:)

OP=Original Poster of the thread.

BVE....

The Bon Voyage Experience is an innovative new program harkening back to the nostalgic tradition from the early days of cruising, allowing guests the opportunity to invite family and friends aboard your ship on embarkation day. The program's new twist also allows cruisers new to Princess to see the inside of a Princess ship and experience the excitement of cruising first-hand -- even if they're not affiliated with booked guests.

Guests will spend up to four hours onboard before the ship sets sail, where they'll enjoy a four-course dining room lunch (including wine), a guided ship tour, and a souvenir photo! Plus, the $39 per person cost of the program can be applied toward a future cruise with Princess. Only 50 guests are able to participate in the Bon Voyage Experience on any given embarkation day, so make sure you make your reservations soon!

To learn more about Bon Voyage Experience reservations and availability near you, please contact your Travel Consultant or call 1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237) as long as it is not within 7 days of sailing.

Reading the responses here it would seem that I was wrong in my answer. I am happy to learn I was in error as it works out much better for the OP and I learned something new. Sorry for the erroneous reply.