Symphony Caribbean Itineraries

Hoping to do a Symphony sailing in 2018, but the Caribbean itineraries are pitiful.

WHY do they have to visit Nassau on the last day on BOTH Eastern and Western?

Who actually wants to go to Nassau and why on the last day?

Also, very little visits to Labadee.

What is everyone else's thoughts on her itineraries?

We are booked for Dec 2018. Yeah, I'm with you - Nassau might as well be a sea day, gimmie my port fees back!

Fingers crossed the new pier at CoCo is done by then and they plan on replacing Nassau with CoCo even for booked cruises. I know, odds are low they would do it for existing bookings because it would not be fair to the people that love Nassau and booked that cruise as a result.

The itineraries do not excite me either. Having said that, we have booked a b2b and I'm very excited about it. I'll stay on the ship for Nassau as I don't care for it and that just means (hopefully) we will have a pretty empty ship to ourselves.

And if you ask my husband, he will tell you the real reason I booked this ship is so I can do Jamie's Italian......and that could very well be true. ;)

Hoping to do a Symphony sailing in 2018, but the Caribbean itineraries are pitiful.

WHY do they have to visit Nassau on the last day on BOTH Eastern and Western?

Who actually wants to go to Nassau and why on the last day?

Also, very little visits to Labadee.

What is everyone else's thoughts on her itineraries?

I booked Symphony not because of the itinerary, as I've been to the same islands so many times, but for the ship itself.

I like that the Western stops at Costa Maya so I can go to Maya Chan. Nachi Cocum always good at Coz. Booked on the January 26, 2019 voyage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi mac_tlc. We are booked for Feb., 2019 - Just wanted to let you know Maya Chan ( if you haven't already reserved) is already accepting reservations for that year. Because they only take approx. 60 people, it will fill up fast. We booked it about 2 weeks ago. Love Maya Chan!

Hi mac_tlc. We are booked for Feb., 2019 - Just wanted to let you know Maya Chan ( if you haven't already reserved) is already accepting reservations for that year. Because they only take approx. 60 people, it will fill up fast. We booked it about 2 weeks ago. Love Maya Chan!

Thanks for the tip on Maya Chan.

I actually like the Western Symphony itinerary quite a bit. We love Roatan, Costa Maya and Cozumel. I am not big on Nassau at all, but look at it as better than a sea day since half the people on board the ship will not know any better and they will get off in Nassau, leaving you with a half empty ship for the last day. Less lines for the flowriders, zip lining, rock climbing, more space around the pools. Enjoy the day on the ship when in Nassau since there will not be as many passengers aboard.

Looks like I need to book soon ! Thanks

mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love the fact that the western itinerary now has 4 port days and spends a full day in Nassau. Now it makes it worthwhile to go to Atlantis for the day.

Agreed. On our Allure cruise we were only at Nassau from 7:30am - 2pm (meaning onboard 1:30pm). We did Blue Lagoon and had a lovely few hours but definitely was disappointed we weren't there longer...either for Blue Lagoon or to try Atlantis. So now this time we can consider seeing the Atlantis.

Having said that...we cruise for the ship first, so I kind of prefer one less port day (i.e. 1 more sea day). Thus, am considering staying on the ship one day. But what day? We've been to Cozumel so perhaps there, but then there is that great water park/pool/beach area (Playa Mia). And we've never been to Roatan and Costa Maya. Not sure...maybe we pick Playa Mia or Atlantis but not both.

Booked the Dec 15, 2018 Eastern Cruise that doesn't go to Nassau and stops in Labadee.

It has all 4 things that you want.

• Symphony
  • 2018 Cruise
  • No Nassau
  • Includes Labadee

There are two other cruises in 2018 that also don't stop in Nassau. Considering there are a total of eight 2018 cruises on Symphony once she is based in Miami and 3 of them don't stop in Nassau 37.5% what's the problem?