Which port is best

Looking to cruise out of Florida. Which port is the best if you have to fly and get to port. Cape Canaval, port lauderdale or Miami. Going to day over night before so looking for hotel convenience also.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've only sailed out of Miami and Canaveral but I LOVE Canaveral. It was so nice and leisurely. Miami was pretty bad--1.5 hours curb to Windjammer. But the sailaway views on the port side were beautiful!

Fort Lauderdale is definitely the best though for flying into, you can see the ships from the bridges near the airport.

Sent from Tapatalk

Having sailed out of each many times, Miami is the prettiest but biggest hassle, Port Canaveral is the ugliest but most convenient for driving, and Fort Lauderdale is the most convenient to the airport and if sailing on Allure or Harmony terminal 18 has boarding and disembarkation down to a science.

Overall, Fort Lauderdale's terminal 18 wins, but Port Canaveral is a close second.

Having sailed out of each many times, Miami is the prettiest but biggest hassle, Port Canaveral is the ugliest but the most laid back, and Fort Lauderdale is the most convenient to the airport and if sailing on Allure or Harmony terminal 18 has boarding and disembarkation down to a science.

Do you happen to know how convenient it is to depart out of terminal 29, the *other* Royal Caribbean terminal at Port Everglades?

Sent from Tapatalk

Do you happen to know how convenient it is to depart out of terminal 29, the *other* Royal Caribbean terminal at Port Everglades?

Sent from Tapatalk

They are just as convenient to the airport, but the terminals are not as nice nor as large. Disembarkation and embarkation take longer, but are not bad.

Hardly any different than the other RC terminals. Not the most comfortable inside, but I'd not consider the terminal as a factor in deciding what cruise port to use.

Port Canaveral is not super convenient to an airport - 40 minutes to either Melbourne or Orlando.

Port Everglades might be the closest to its airport, but personally I found its cruise port to be the most hassle - inside the terminal for embarking and then disembarking the ship. Overall I did not like it.

Miami, Tampa, and Port Canaveral are all great cruise ports, easy in, easy out.

Hardly any different than the other RC terminals. Not the most comfortable inside, but I'd not consider the terminal as a factor in deciding what cruise port to use.

Me either, just curious what to expect. Miami was a bucket of cold water after Port Canaveral!

Sent from Tapatalk

Me either, just curious what to expect. Miami was a bucket of cold water after Port Canaveral!

Terminal 29 at Port Everglades reminds me of the RC terminal at Galveston, before it was remodeled. Hardly more than a big warehouse.

However, since terminal 29 is out in left field, the traffic is not as bad as around terminals 24/25, where you loop around several terminals and can have heavy traffic.

I'm curious to how my Symphony experience at Miami will be like in the fall of 2018. Hopefully the evil gate keeper (Napoleon) won't be there.

The plan is to fly in the day before to MIA. Use a car service to the precruise hotel, Uber/taxi the port the next day, and a car service on disembarkation day back to MIA. Hopefully the new terminal there for Oasis Class ships will help.:confused:

Port Canaveral is probably my favorite. Yes it's a hassle to get from MCO Airport to the port, but we have it down to a science. Rent a car from the airport to the cruise drop and the free shuttle whisks us away to the port quickly. Super convenient.

Port Everglades was just a pain as far as getting to the port. It may be close to the airport, but at the same time it feels 1000 miles away. You're dependent upon a taxi, Uber, or other paid shuttle service to get to the terminal from the airport.

Port of Miami has just been a disaster every time we've sailed out of there. Glad to hear the opinions on Galveston though, sailing out of there in December

I'm curious to how my Symphony experience at Miami will be like in the fall of 2018. Hopefully the evil gate keeper (Napoleon) won't be there.

The plan is to fly in the day before to MIA. Use a car service to the precruise hotel, Uber/taxi the port the next day, and a car service on disembarkation day back to MIA. Hopefully the new terminal there for Oasis Class ships will help.:confused:

Andrew, I don't want to jinx you, but I'd be willing to bet there will be delays opening that new terminal. 😱

How far along is it now?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Love Canaveral and Fort Lauderdale. Haven't gone out of Miami. Hate, hate, hated Galveston. Too far from airports, no rental car agencies on the island. You're at the mercy of the shuttle companies unless you want to pay $100 for a cab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've sailed out of Miami and Galveston. Love both of them. Never a line or any trouble. Miami is nice because we stay at the Embassy Suites and they take us to the port. I also like Galveston, as we stay at the Days Inn and just take a taxi to the port

I'm going out of Galveston next year, first time out of this port.

I don't think I've seen any pics lately. :eek:

T1 in PC was months behind schedule. Most issues were under water as I recall. Luckily it was scheduled to finish a year in advance of Oasis, so they could keep using T10.

It seems like Miami is on a just in time schedule. God help them if they run into anything environmental out there.

Does anyone know if the Dodge Island tunnel completed on time?

T1 in PC was months behind schedule. Most issues were under water as I recall. ...

I believe the removal of the old pilings was much more difficult (and time consuming) than they expected.

T1 in PC was months behind schedule. Most issues were under water as I recall. Luckily it was scheduled to finish a year in advance of Oasis, so they could keep using T10.

It seems like Miami is on a just in time schedule. God help them if they run into anything environmental out there.

Does anyone know if the Dodge Island tunnel completed on time?

It's an island, I could just swim....

With all these wonderful things you mention I could see why people don't like Miami for cruising. We do have close to 2 years so they should be done by then. It is a warehouse in style not a high rise. Hopefully with the RC HQ being so close to the Terminal the execs will have a better eye on it's progress. T1 in PC is a bit out of the way in comparison.

Now I'm off to read about the Dodge Island tunnel. It says the tunnel is completed. Is it a PIA or something similar for you to mention it?

Edited by A&L_Ont