The Porch on Reflection

rgp

Is the Porch on Reflection available on the 3 dinner specialty dining package?

Is Sushi on 5 available on the 3 diner specialty dining package?

I have eaten in all the other specialty restaurants but would like to try these two.

Thanks

While we did not have the specialty dining package on our Reflection sailing, I would think that they should be available since they are extra cost restaurants, though I could see Sushi on 5 not being included since it is a la carte pricing...I don't believe Porch was structured the same way. I hope you have the chance to try the Porch. We adored it - some of the best, freshest food we enjoyed our entire cruise. The atmosphere was lovely, the service was fantastic, and the food was outstanding.

Is the Porch on Reflection available on the 3 dinner specialty dining package?

Is Sushi on 5 available on the 3 diner specialty dining package?

I have eaten in all the other specialty restaurants but would like to try these two.

Thanks

You might want to check the price for the Porch before you use the speciality dining in your package. It has always been significantly less than the others, but I agree it is really nice.

You might want to check the price for the Porch before you use the speciality dining in your package. It has always been significantly less than the others, but I agree it is really nice.

We have had lunch at The Porch 2 times. One time on each of the ships that have The Porch. The cost for lunch was $30 pp.

Just back from the Reflection we had dining package and it was accepted at the porch for dinner. It was fantastic you can order anything and more than one entree. They also have what they call a barbecue on Wednesday evening it was fantastic as they serve everything on the menu all you care to eat i is more of a party. Prior to dinner you meet with ships officers on the lawn for cocktails then the entire restaurant is open only for barbecue guests, the wine never stops flowing, the staff and chef enjoy themselves as much as the guests, I will never miss this again the cost was $119 if you did not have a drink package,and $70 if you have the drink package. The menu started with flat breads of different types or you can do half of one item and half of another. The main coursed included chicken and steak kabobs, lamb chops, fish, filet, lobster, shrimp, scallops, crab cakes, and deserts. We had never done this on prior cruises but it was a blast, it was a full house service was outstanding all dishes were hot when served and my glass was never empty.

Just back from the Reflection we had dining package and it was accepted at the porch for dinner. It was fantastic you can order anything and more than one entree. They also have what they call a barbecue on Wednesday evening it was fantastic as they serve everything on the menu all you care to eat i is more of a party. Prior to dinner you meet with ships officers on the lawn for cocktails then the entire restaurant is open only for barbecue guests, the wine never stops flowing, the staff and chef enjoy themselves as much as the guests, I will never miss this again the cost was $119 if you did not have a drink package,and $70 if you have the drink package. The menu started with flat breads of different types or you can do half of one item and half of another. The main coursed included chicken and steak kabobs, lamb chops, fish, filet, lobster, shrimp, scallops, crab cakes, and deserts. We had never done this on prior cruises but it was a blast, it was a full house service was outstanding all dishes were hot when served and my glass was never empty.

Sounds like a blast!! Do they advertise this or do you have to ask??

Just off Reflection and that special barbeque was offered at Lawn Club not the porch. We did it at porch twice for lunch and was very good. Thought the cheesecake dessert was very tasty.

Our lunch at the porch was one of our favorite meals! Fantastic service, beautiful view and food to die for. The seafood tower is a meal in and of itself...and the entrees were delicious as well. Definitely worth $30 per person!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We attended the BBQ party on our sailing as well, and agree that it was outstanding. A word of warning though - they serve SO.MUCH.FOOD. Our entire table tapped out half way through because none of us realized how much food we would get; I don't think anyone had room for dessert at the end of it. So, if you decide to go, eat lightly during the day because you will fill up at dinner!

I don't think anyone had room for dessert at the end of it!

Well, if you were too full for the hot chocolate chip cookie with ice cream, you missed, IMO, the best desert on the ship.

You will have to go back. :D

We have had lunch at The Porch 2 times. One time on each of the ships that have The Porch. The cost for lunch was $30 pp.

Yes, the cost for lunch and dinner is the same. $30 is also what we paid which is why I would question the wisdom of using one of the 3 speciality dinner reservations on the Porch. The per dinner cost of the 3 day package is more than the $30 price.

If you have the unlimited package this is our favorite place for lunch with a great view.

Are you sure this was held at the Porch? The night we did this dinner there were 70 or so and I don't think the Porch holds that many people with room to move around. When we did this on the Reflection in October it was held at the Lawn Grill started with flatbread and the food & wine kept coming. We could cook our own steaks which many did. The evening ended with the guests and wait staff dancing😊

Well, if you were too full for the hot chocolate chip cookie with ice cream, you missed, IMO, the best desert on the ship.

You will have to go back. :D

That sounds like something I would remember! Hopefully they will do the bbq when we sail on Equinox next year!

Is the BBQ always on a Wednesday night? We want to eat at the Lawn Club (our favorite) and trying to plan which night. Obviously, we would not want to plan on the night that the BBQ is going on, though we may try that, as well. :D

Been on many cruises and have never heard of this function. Nor have we ever eaten at The Porch. Is the seafood that good?

My mistake I meant to say the lawn club I was told by Hostess it is always on Wednesday, and the chocolate chip cookie is fantastic. We did have lunch at the Porch and it was great the Seafood tower is great, and the Asian chicken wings.

If you like Asian cuisine, by all means give Sushi on Five a try. We were craving "something different" on our TA, and they were offering a special price (the place was almost always empty), so we decided to give it a go. We thoroughly enjoyed it, in fact more than Tuscan Grill or Murano (gasp!). The flavors were fresh and the menu varied. Our favorites were the Kobe beef sliders and Scallop and Shrimp Dynamite - we'd go back for that alone!

Is the BBQ always on a Wednesday night? We want to eat at the Lawn Club (our favorite) and trying to plan which night. Obviously, we would not want to plan on the night that the BBQ is going on, though we may try that, as well. :D

Been on many cruises and have never heard of this function. Nor have we ever eaten at The Porch. Is the seafood that good?

You may have not heard of it since it is at the Lawn Grill it is only offered on Reflection & probably Silhouette as the other ships don't have the Lawn Grill.

The day of the BBQ Varies by length of the cruise and itinerary. I believe it only happens once per cruise. We did it on the Reflection TA in October- on a Friday night ( if memory is correct) and it only occurred once in the 15 days. The restaurant is closed for other booking on that night so you shouldn't have to worry about being among a large group who can take over the place.

Thanks you. Still think it odd that I did not know about this function. We have been on both the Reflection and the Silhouette more than once. I told DH about this and he wanted to know why we would want to pay more for this function instead of just making a reservation to dine in Lawn Club and then ordering what we want... for half the cost.:rolleyes: