Subjective Food Question

CCC3

If you were going to do ONE specialty restaurant, which would it be and why? We've dined at Sabor twice, so we do have some knowledge of their food, but looking to possibly try something different. I absolutely know food is subjective, just looking for others' experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you were going to do ONE specialty restaurant, which would it be and why? We've dined at Sabor twice, so we do have some knowledge of their food, but looking to possibly try something different. I absolutely know food is subjective, just looking for others' experiences.

If we were to do ONE for fee dining, Chef's table would be the end all and be all. We do Chef's table on every cruise now. The other specialty restaurants, we may or may not depending on the kind of mood we are in.

If that's too pricey, the priorty would go with Wonderland if its available, then Chops, then Giovanni's, with last unfortunately being Izumi's. I do not count Johnny Rockets as I don't think they rate at all.

Thanks. My family eats all varieties of food, so none is off-putting.

Additional question: Do you find the lunch menus at these upsell restaurants to be decent?

Wonder if it depends on ship? I've liked Giovanni's in the past but it wasn't very good on IOTS. We had a big group and sampled lots of items , it wasn't up to par. Chops was good on IOTS, slow service but food good

We did Giovanni's and Chops on Brilliance last week and on Oasis in December. No comparison. Much better in each restaurant on Oasis. Was surprised as I figured they had company wide recipies. Both were far better than MDR in my/our opinion.

Food was not even hot in Giovanni's on Brilliance. Did not bother to send back as it was warm.

Not sure if your ship has Izumi or not, but that was our favorite "pay" meal on Oasis.

The hibachi food was DELICIOUS and the chef was very entertaining.:')

Chops was just OK. Carnival's steakhouse is MUCH better.

We didn't try Giovannis.

Were not impressed with Sabor. Maybe just hit it at the wrong time. We went in the afternoon right after the belly flop contest.

Very subjective question. Regardless, you won't go hungry. Enjoy!!!!:)

I love Chops and GIovannis . On the first or second night you can go to a Specialty Dining Restaurant and book the $70 for three dinners which is what my Father and I do. We did two Chops and one Giovannis on a 15 night cruise.

Then we use the two for one wine and two for one specialty coffee there.

That Red Velvet Cake in Chops is great and the steak sides, salads, soups and bread offerings are fantastic.

I have had a really good Osso Bucco(sp) with pasta , salad, Tiarramasu at Giovannis.

Wonderland, every time we are on the Anthem. Menu offerings are adjusted for us - we do not eat red meat. Also experienced Chops, Jamie Oliver's, and Giovanni's on other cruises, but Wonderland is our favorite for innovation, presentation and quirky fun - invisible ink.