Doesn't Royal do free 3rd and 4th guest?

I haven't seen it in a while, maybe I just missed it the free 3rd and 4th guest. Is that a real sale or one of those jack up the price on the first 2 guests to get the same revenue per room that they want? I also haven't seen the promos for reduced deposits in a while? They use to run those huge wow sales. Thanks for any info.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

I've seen Kids Sail Free. Last time it was offered was last December / January and peak travel times were blacked out.

I can't recall a 3rd 4th free Royal Caribbean promo in quite awhile. Norwegian offers it ongoing but it has the same peak travel time blackout.

When we were booking, we found it cheaper to book 2 adjourning staterooms than one for the 4 of us. It was around a 2k difference.

I can attest to this as well. Was $1k cheaper to put the kids in an adjoining balcony room than to book a room to fit all four of us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I've seen Kids Sail Free. Last time it was offered was last December / January and peak travel times were blacked out.

I can't recall a 3rd 4th free Royal Caribbean promo in quite awhile. Norwegian offers it ongoing but it has the same peak travel time blackout.

Thanks, and that's too bad. I'll tell you what if NCL would get out of that Manhattan terminal and move to Red Hook Brooklyn I might make that our go to preferred cruise line. They really offer great deals. We did our first NCL cruise last Sept/Oct on Breakaway and while I did not like the layout of the ship and HATED the Manhattan terminal we had a great time and got an insanely great deal on a HUGE Aft Balcony. I just wish they would get out of that awful terminal in Manhattan.

We were able to get both our kids for free on our next cruise in 2 weeks. We booked in December (when the kids sail free promo was happening) and actually payed $300 less than we payed last year for just the two of us in the same class of room and same ship during the same time....and on top of that got $275 obc too!...a lot of people say it's not a deal, but from personal experience......I'd say it's a heck of a deal when you can find it!

FREE? No way! Even if they sometimes offer it, the 1st two passenger prices will be MUCH higher. RCI gives NOTHING away for "free"...nothing!

this is where NCL is very good. except for taxes etc, 3rd and 4th really are free. of course you cannot get that during peak summer times but when you can get it, its legit

First and second rates skyrocket during the promo making it only reasonable for quads to book. If sailing 2 per cabin, usually another like will be favorable. Rccl plays more games than other lines.

Ncl only offers 3rd/4th free on certain sailings but when it's offered, it's legit. 1299pp rate will be 1299*2 + taxes and fees for two, a quad in same category will be 1299*2 + taxes/port fees for 4. I booked a double and a quad during a free promo on Ncl and quad was a good deal, double just ok but could wait and watch for price drop on double.

Rccl will have really weird pricing sometimes, walk all the way thru booking prices. Have seen it significantly cheaper recently to book 4 in two like cabins instead of all in a quad.

And a serious savings over booking a quad in balcony and instead booking two in same balcony, two inside cabin, all stay in same balcony at 1k less even if don't use inside at all better off.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I haven't seen it in a while, maybe I just missed it the free 3rd and 4th guest. Is that a real sale or one of those jack up the price on the first 2 guests to get the same revenue per room that they want? I also haven't seen the promos for reduced deposits in a while? They use to run those huge wow sales. Thanks for any info.

Royal and free to not match.

this is where NCL is very good. except for taxes etc, 3rd and 4th really are free. of course you cannot get that during peak summer times but when you can get it, its legit

Yup they actually do run real deal sales that save you a lot of money. I just don't want to go back to that awful terminal. By the way did I hurt people feelings on the NCL board when I suggested they move out of Manhattan. You would think I just insulted their families.

When we were booking, we found it cheaper to book 2 adjourning staterooms than one for the 4 of us. It was around a 2k difference.

This is very common, even more so around school breaks and Holidays. Also more options getting 2 passenger cabins over 4...

I love sailing with RCCL but they never offer the 3rd and 4th when we can travel. We got lucky and found a New Year's cruise for this coming December with NCL that offered the 3rd and 4th in the cabin for free. We jumped at it since it saved us $3000 (for 6 people) over what we were going to pay on RCCL without such a deal.

FREE? No way! Even if they sometimes offer it, the 1st two passenger prices will be MUCH higher. RCI gives NOTHING away for "free"...nothing!

Not true at all, the kids sail free promo is total legit, we paid 2200.00 for 4 of us in a D4 on Oasis in a few weeks. After the promo it jumped to 3800 and the kids were free besides the port taxes, and I also got our Diamond balcony discount.

They do run it from time to time, 1X, sometimes 2X a year for a short period. Saved me substantial money, but usually when I have a need for 3rd or 4th I end up looking at MSC or NCL where these deals are either ongoing or much more frequent.

This is not necessarily correct. Twice we've taken advantage of KSF, and both times the double occupancy price did not change. In both cases, we took advantage of the lower pricing and upgraded cabin categories rather than "save" extra in the category we had been eyeing.... D1 to JS for less money and W assigned to FJS to GS for only a couple hundred more.

We booked once with a reduced deposit when we booked while onboard. It really doesn't appeal to us that much since it just means the final payment is larger. We like having the smaller amount at final payment...just a mind thing, i realize, but makes we feel better. We had decided on four of us (two Moms and two kids) in one cabin and our TA called me back and asked if i would like to save some money by putting the kids in a separate cabin. Took me about 2 seconds to say "YES!" I had never thought to price it out and compare it. Once we did that, we were never able to go back to putting the kids in the cabins with us again, with the once bathroom. Ages ago, 3rd and fourth passengers in same cabin were really cheap but not so much anymore.