JUST OFF EQUINOX TODAY! any questions???

Pier290

Hi :) 3 questions, please

1.) Did you go to the Hot Glass Show?

2.) By any chance, did you notice if Cafe al Bacio has black and white cookies?

3.) How were the seas?

Thank you! I hope you had a great cruise!

Missed glass show...was canceled because of weather few times we planned to go

Looked for the BLK white cookies...never had them.

Seas were AWFUL. 1st few days at sea ROUGH. Not a minute break from it. Lots of people and even some crew sick! We were sick also...even with dramamine taken faithfully....ugh...was bad start to our vacation. Weather wasn't good ......seas very very rough on excursions, Trunk Bay snorkeling closed too rough, St marteen rough seas, very windy. Lots of rain in Barbados, Super cloudy in St Kitts....very disappointed for Caribbean weather!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

I have a question: Are you going to answer the questions? ;) :)

In all seriousness, how was the weather during sail away? Was the ship lively? Party atmosphere? Or mellow?

Lol. Sorry for delay.

Sail away was okay...not as lively as our Bermuda or Venice itineraries...

BAD WEATHER

HORRIBLE SEAS for 1st 2.5 days. Many sick people. Wind was so bad that impossible to do anything outside! Very disappointed.

Music on board was outstanding...loved all the live music and DJ at pool very loud and fun!!!

Loved Ensemble Lounge, Martini Bar, Gastrobar, Sunset Bar....disappointing because 50% of the seating dedicated to smokers....disgusting with such a gorgeous view opportunity....ruins it completely.

What was your itinerary, type of cabin and did you have a good time?

St Thomas

St Kitts

Barbados

St Maarten...overnight

Yes, was good time...weather terrible. Great food, outstanding service, got a Helipad invite to sail into St Maarten....was awesome!

Horribly rough seas...bummer. we've cruised several.times...never experienced so bad.

I would like to know this also. From pictures I have seen it looks like there is a top bar and a bar in the middle that you can pull down I didn't see any shelves/cubbies.

Also about what depth is the storage that is over the bed I was thinking of bringing some of those fold up cubbies to put up there.

Our room on Equinox, not a suite, had a clothes bar, a pull-down bar and a shelf. Also, on every Solstice Class ship we have sailed there is a type of cupboard over the bed. The stewards use it to store cushions, pillows, etc, but we toss those out and use it for t-shirts, cargo shorts, and foldable things that really don't need to be on hangers. It really holds a lot.

What is the afternoon tea setup like? Is there a variety of sandwiches, scones, accompaniments? Or is it a pretty basic spread?

If you are in a suite there is tea set up in Michael's Club every afternoon at 4pm. Nice variety of teas, desserts, and small sandwiches (chicken salad is awesome!)

This change happened recently as your butler used to bring a tea cart to your cabin and you would make your selections.

I'm going to miss this very much on our next 2 cruises, as I looked forward to it after a day at the pool or coming back from a day in port to just relax before getting ready for dinner.

Don't feel like getting dressed to go to MC for tea.

No set tea time but u can order tea and get scones in the afternoon

I believe that's the case for suite guests, but on some of the recent daily schedules that have been posted it lists "Afternoon Tea" in the Oceanview cafe around 3-4 pm and the description says "sandwiches and scones".

Our room on Equinox, not a suite, had a clothes bar, a pull-down bar and a shelf. Also, on every Solstice Class ship we have sailed there is a type of cupboard over the bed. The stewards use it to store cushions, pillows, etc, but we toss those out and use it for t-shirts, cargo shorts, and foldable things that really don't need to be on hangers. It really holds a lot.

Thank you! Per other reviews we picked up some of those foldable cubes for the space above the bed. We also got some hanging closet organizers to have shelves but wanted to make sure we needed them and weren't packing extra things unnecessarily.

If you are in a suite there is tea set up in Michael's Club every afternoon at 4pm. Nice variety of teas, desserts, and small sandwiches (chicken salad is awesome!)

This change happened recently as your butler used to bring a tea cart to your cabin and you would make your selections.

I'm going to miss this very much on our next 2 cruises, as I looked forward to it after a day at the pool or coming back from a day in port to just relax before getting ready for dinner.

Don't feel like getting dressed to go to MC for tea.

Unfortunately not in a suite, but some recent Celebrity Todays list Afternoon Tea in the Oceanview Cafe around 3-4 pm.

Lol. Sorry for delay.

Sail away was okay...not as lively as our Bermuda or Venice itineraries...

BAD WEATHER

HORRIBLE SEAS for 1st 2.5 days. Many sick people. Wind was so bad that impossible to do anything outside! Very disappointed.

Music on board was outstanding...loved all the live music and DJ at pool very loud and fun!!!

Loved Ensemble Lounge, Martini Bar, Gastrobar, Sunset Bar....disappointing because 50% of the seating dedicated to smokers....disgusting with such a gorgeous view opportunity....ruins it completely.

Thank you!

One more question: You mentioned beer, which I love! In Gastrobar or any other bar, is there a LARGE variety of beers on tap? Or just he standard stuff?

St Thomas

St Kitts

Barbados

St Maarten...overnight

Yes, was good time...weather terrible. Great food, outstanding service, got a Helipad invite to sail into St Maarten....was awesome!

Horribly rough seas...bummer. we've cruised several.times...never experienced so bad.

Sorry to hear you had such terrible seas the first few days.

Thank you!

One more question: You mentioned beer, which I love! In Gastrobar or any other bar, is there a LARGE variety of beers on tap? Or just he standard stuff?

Not on tap. Heineken and Heineken light on tap mostly. Most all bottles

How disappointing about Sunset bar. Hope it is not the case for our first X cruise on Sil in Dec.

Wasn't like that on Sil!! WE LIVED at Sunset Bar on Silhouette!!!!! It was our favorite spot. That's why we were soooo disappointed on Equinox.

We took Sil out of Venice 3 years ago...hope it hasn't changed for you!!

Were the smokers OBEYING the rules by being in the Smoking Section????? Did you obey the dress code rules?😱

Last I heard....SMOKING KILLS.[emoji33]

Does wearing shorts KILL?

Apparently it kills people's appetites at the least! [emoji56]

Smoking section at pool area AND Sunset Bar section that wrapped around port side...ugh

Thanks for confirming smoking still OK on side wrap of Sunset Bar area. My hubby loves a daily cigar with a scotch. The cigar aficionados we met sitting there were great conversationalists and well traveled. We enjoyed learning about their travel experiences.

Thanks for confirming smoking still OK on side wrap of Sunset Bar area. My hubby loves a daily cigar with a scotch. The cigar aficionados we met sitting there were great conversationalists and well traveled. We enjoyed learning about their travel experiences.

Cigars don't bother us [emoji3]

Just off the same sailing. $5 table limits for the whole cruise

Thanks, Bobby Dee. Guess I'll have to take some gambling money with me. I can justify finding other things to do when $10 tables are involved but $5 tables call my name! :p

There's smoking in the Sunset Bar? I thought Celebrity had just the one designated smoking area.

I am not a smoker, but there are several outdoor smoking areas on Celebrity ships. The Sunset Bar is on the aft and is outdoors. One side of the outside tables do have ash trays on them.