Club Class Dining

Does anyone have information from experience of the dining room table set up

Are the tables set as the MGR i.e. large 6 or 8 or are they set according to cabin booking.

We are considering booking a CC and we are hoping for a table for 2, in a dining room with sufficient space between tables to have a conversation.

Thanks

Are the tables set as the MGR i.e. large 6 or 8 or are they set according to cabin booking.

We are considering booking a CC and we are hoping for a table for 2, in a dining room with sufficient space between tables to have a conversation.

Thanks

There's multiple reviews here from folks who have sailed in CC. It's been out for a while now.

The general sense is that tables are mainly two or four tops, and can be rearranged easily for larger parties if several Club Class cabins want to dine together. It's a section of the Anytime dining room. And that tables are further apart than those in the main dining rooms. So, more space around tables, a little more privacy if you want, etc. It's had very positive reviews from those who have tried it.

Enjoy.

There's multiple reviews here from folks who have sailed in CC. It's been out for a while now.

The general sense is that tables are mainly two or four tops, and can be rearranged easily for larger parties if several Club Class cabins want to dine together. It's a section of the Anytime dining room. And that tables are further apart than those in the main dining rooms. So, more space around tables, a little more privacy if you want, etc. It's had very positive reviews from those who have tried it.

Enjoy.

Thank you for your reply, the info on table sizes is what I was looking for.

I did try searching for a thread unsuccessfully before I post a new thread

No problem ... it's often difficult to find what you want exactly what you want to know from a "search".

As posted from what others have said, there are ample tables for two in CC. Seems more of a problem if you want to share and no others are arriving the same as you.

We're looking forward to CC Dining on an upcoming cruise. :)

No problem ... it's often difficult to find what you want exactly what you want to know from a "search".

As posted from what others have said, there are ample tables for two in CC. Seems more of a problem if you want to share and no others are arriving the same as you.

We're looking forward to CC Dining on an upcoming cruise. :)

I look forward to your review, thank you

We are just off the Caribbean Princess, 14 days in Club Class. My review has been published. CC was one of the best features of this cruise. It was a small section of the Coral dining room, somewhat set apart. All anytime dining. There were two tables that sat 6 people, otherwise the tables were 2-tops and 4-tops. When we entered the staff usually asked if we wanted to share. When we sat at a 2-top, there was enough separation from the other diners to have a good quiet conversation, just the 2 of us. Small consistent wait staff, so we got to know them, and they provided excellent personal service. We also found the food quality better than the other mass market lines we have traveled. I highly recommend Club Class.

We were just on the Star for their first Club Class cruise 4/11 for 10 nights. They started with 2 - 8 tops, 2 - 6 tops and the rest for 2 or 4. After the first night, they changed the 8's to 6's. So they will quickly react to what the cruise needs.

We never had a problem getting a table for 2. Most nights we sat alone at a table for 4. It was nice having the extra room.

We were on the cruise B2B right before this one (non-CC). There is a big difference in the food and the service.

Thanks

The setup in the DR has nothing to do with your cabin booking.

There are plenty of setups for 2 if thats what you want.

We saw 4 top tables with only 2 at them.

We just returned from a b2b on the Caribbean Princess. Being in a suite we used the Club Class. OMG - it was wonderful. We have been so upset with the suite perks disappearing the past five years that we were ready to say good bye to Princess. But the little extras the club class did was amazing. It was similar to the old days when it was like a big family and the waiters had time to joke with you.

I think Princess is tying to make the suite passengers happy. We had calls asking about our dinner plans and if we wanted them to make a reservation. Ordered coffee one evening for our wake up call through the Princess @sea but it never came. I called and the lady said the computers were down for a short period. Our coffee arrived 5 minutes later and later in the afternoon we received some great chocolates and a note appologizing. Customer service was outstanding. We had an issue with no hit water for 4 or 5 days. They called every day to check on it. Other problems were handled immediately. For the first time ever, I got sick and I even received a note wishing me a speedy recovey and a plate of wonderful chocolate covered strawberries. So many little extras.

We did go to the Sabitini's the first three mornings, then slept I and skipped breakfast until the next cruise. We stopped in one morning and the staff was different. Something was off. It wasn't the same famiky friendly atmosphere that it had always been. We switched and went to the club class for breakfast rather than Sabitini's.

Everyone in the club class knew our names after the first time. Outstanding!!!!

The setup in the DR has nothing to do with your cabin booking.

There are plenty of setups for 2 if thats what you want.

We saw 4 top tables with only 2 at them.

Thank you for you reply but I was specifically asking about Club Class dining not main dining table set up. In the MDR the tables for 2 are so close together you may as well have a share table.

I was enquiring if in the Club dining room the tables we set according to how many passengers were booked into each Suite or Club Mini Suite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for you reply but I was specifically asking about Club Class dining not main dining table set up. In the MDR the tables for 2 are so close together you may as well have a share table.

I was enquiring if in the Club dining room the tables we set according to how many passengers were booked into each Suite or Club Mini Suite.

No, there is a standard set up, ship dependant rather than cabin, which comprises of (I would say, from my experience on the Regal), mainly for 2, but plenty of larger tables for 4 or 6+. I saw them pull together two tables for a larger party, and they are very amenable to any requests. Tables are not much more spaced out than the MDR, but with more choice available (far more seats than people dined at any one time), you can always ask for a table further away from other parties if need. We never had any problems at all and had lovely tables for 2 mainly on our own, sometimes by the window or near by.

from what I have read on other threads about this subject. The CC dining is part of MDR and there are tables and waiters set up just for CC diners. You show up with your party of ? and they seat you. Seems pretty simple to me. Correct me please if I have this wrong; thanks.

from what I have read on other threads about this subject. The CC dining is part of MDR and there are tables and waiters set up just for CC diners. You show up with your party of ? and they seat you. Seems pretty simple to me. Correct me please if I have this wrong; thanks.

You are correct. The CC Section is just part of the MDR with its own waiters and other staff. Most tables are for two, some for more, but the tables for two can easily be grouped together to build up the configuration if needed. Based on our experience on the Regal, and IMO, CC is not all that special. Fine if the CC upgrade cost is low, but more than a couple hundred dollars per person per week, then save your money and go to the SRs more often. The CC upgrade cost for us, including the move to a M1 cabin from an QTY was about $100@ for a week cruise. However, we booked after the final payment cutoff so we got a good deal. We would not pay much more for CC.

Princess really needs to do what Celebrity has done with its suite passengers; a totally separate dining room and menu. Having a totally separate dining room makes it much more special. Opinions based on a December Celebrity sailing in a Sky Suite vs. a Janurary Princess sailing in a M1 CC cabin. Total cruise price difference between the two cruises was less than $200 total, and Celebrity's Sky Suite experience was far better than Princess's CC Mini-Suite (just comparing cabin vs. cabin not overall cruise experiences).

Thanks

We just returned from a cruise on the Caribbean Princess and had club class dining. It is set up with several tables for two, 4, 6, etc. We had a table for two most nights and one night we sat with some nice fellow cruisers we had talked to the night before. The tables for two on our ship were fairly close so conversations could definitely be overheard, but we didn't see it as a problem. We enjoyed chatting with our neighbors.

I didn't say anything about the regular DR. You asked about Club Class.

I was commenting on CC dining.

The tables are open to CC passengers coming onto the CC section of the DR.

The tables are open and you are seated appropriately when you arrive.

"The setup in the DR has nothing to do with your cabin booking.

There are plenty of setups for 2/4/6/8/10 if that's what you want.

We saw 4 top tables with only 2 at them".

Just returned from Ruby Coastal and sailed in Club Class, and it was great. It resolved one of the main issues we had with Princess dining and the service was excellent. Regardless of whether you wanted to eat early or later due to longer and later returning excursions (which we did twice on this cruise), a table was always available with no wait and we had the same waiters each day for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Hopefully Princess won't find a way in the future to screw up this offering.

We had Club Class on the Ruby last month. As others have said the service was excellent.

One night we arrived before our friends, and I talked with the hostess. She told me that they get a list of party sizes for each cruise (who's traveling with who) and the tables are set up accordingly. I noticed there were two tables that were set for 5, presumably they could take 6 if there was a party of 6.

For me, it combined the best of fixed seating - a staff who knew us, and of anytime - go when we wanted.

Was it different from choice, quality, etc?

You will have one off-menu item in addition to the MDR menu. We almost always went with the off-menu items and liked everything.

Was the extra cost a good value?

If you are only talking about the food, no. You will have to evaluate the rest of CC perks to determine if they are of value to you and you only.

IMO, at CC cabins' fares you will get better value if you go with a full suite.

We just got off of the Ruby and there were no different menu items, they were the same as the dining room. The only perk was not having to make a reservation, and to walk in anytime and get a seat.

We just got off of the Ruby and there were no different menu items, they were the same as the dining room. The only perk was not having to make a reservation, and to walk in anytime and get a seat.

That's odd.

The Ruby CC had different off menu offerings last month.

HW Valentino coordinated the additional things.

Did you ask?

That's odd.

The Ruby CC had different off menu offerings last month.

HW Valentino coordinated the additional things.

Did you ask?

We were on the Ruby in April and there was always one additional thing offered. On embarkation night there was an extra shrimp dish, pasta one night and an additional sauce another. All were prepared tableside.

Some reviews mention the food but not many.

Was it different from choice, quality, etc?

Was the extra cost a good value?

We thought the food was great! It was our first princess cruise though so we had no prior comparison. As far as I could tell, CC has the same menu as the MDR except there is a special entree for CC each night. Also there was food prepared each night (usually a pasta) by the head waiter in CC. We loved that we could eat anytime since we are not always hungry for dinner at the same time every day depending on the days activities. Most nights we ordered off of the menu and not the special offering. The pastas prepared in the dining room were all very good. People mention tableside preparation but we never had tableside.

We had a full suite and so CC and all of the other benefits of having a suite combined were worth the expense to us. I think the value of any perk is going to be different for each person.