Blue over Red, White and Blue sale

Sea and Me

I received an email this morning about the Red, White and Blue sale. I checked the cruise we were interested in and found that the cabin selection went down $190pp, however no OBC or free gratuities:( Not much of a sale, going to wait for another!! Anyone booking this sale??

Thanks and have a good day.

I received an email this morning about the Red, White and Blue sale. I checked the cruise we were interested in and found that the cabin selection went down $190pp, however no OBC or free gratuities:( Not much of a sale, going to wait for another!! Anyone booking this sale??

Thanks and have a good day.

This is why We've booked our next two on Celebrity instead of Princess. The promos this past year have been junk compared to what we got last February. Back then, we booked two cruises for 8 months out and 12 months out. One cruise gave us $400 OBC for starters, ($585 total once I transferred to a TA) and the other cruise for 7 days, gave us $300 OBC for starters. A few months after we booked, OBC were reduced or taken away altogether, supplanted but prepaid gratuity only, plus prices kept rising.

This latest promo isn't a promo at all, especially with non refundable

Deposits.

On the other hand, Celebrity is offering $500 OBC ($300 from X $200 from TA) plus an alcohol package included for the same price we would have paid on Princess for a 7-day Caribbean cruise for next year.

We love Princess, but we won't go if we can't get better prices/incentives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's unfortunate. Over the course of my last four cruises, the RW&B sale turned out to be the very best deal out there. Twice I booked during the sale and at no point subsequent to that was there ever a lower price/perk combination, and twice I re-fared during the sale to get a better deal with no subsequent pricing ever coming close to what the sale got me.

I was looking at booking a cruise for January and checked it out on Saturday. Last night I figured I might as well put a deposit down on it since the cabin category we wanted was almost sold old. To my surprise it is $200 more and as someone else said, the deposit is non refundable. I guess I have never dealt with a non refundable deposit since i normally book everything 2 years out. Maybe if you pay cash but I thought any time you used your fcc, it was refundable.

I was looking at booking a cruise for January and checked it out on Saturday. Last night I figured I might as well put a deposit down on it since the cabin category we wanted was almost sold old. To my surprise it is $200 more and as someone else said, the deposit is non refundable. I guess I have never dealt with a non refundable deposit since i normally book everything 2 years out. Maybe if you pay cash but I thought any time you used your fcc, it was refundable.

No Sandy not with that promo or any other non refundable deposit fare. The FCD is gone if you cancel. :(

Maybe I'm just not getting the point of this thread.

The OP, and now others in response, have noted that they are already booked under a better offer--in terms of both fare and perks--than the current sale has.

And that is a reason to be upset?

Me, I'd be grateful that I am booked under the best deal so far.

If there had been a price drop, I would call my TA (or Princess if booked direct) to see what they could do.

But since there isn't, nothing for me to do except be ready to go on embarkation day, no?

Just don't see what everybody feels they're missing. Perhaps someone could enlighten me....

Maybe I'm just not getting the point of this thread.

Put simply, in the past the RW&B Sale has been a game changer. Lowest prices of the year and great perks. This year, not so much. Hence, the OP is "blue" over the fact that the RW&B sale ain't what it used to be.

Put simply, in the past the RW&B Sale has been a game changer. Lowest prices of the year and great perks. This year, not so much. Hence, the OP is "blue" over the fact that the RW&B sale ain't what it used to be.

Exactly what I was trying to say:)

My folks rebooked their cruise under this sale. Had to give up the pre-paid gratuities. After all said and done, they saved $7.50 per person under RWB.

Wow! What a deal! NOT!!!

I don't think I'd bother to mess with things for a reduction of that size.

I just checked on my October cruise. For the 28 day cruise I could actually save $600 on our booking. Of course I would lose the AIBP perk which, on a 28 day cruise (with 18 sea days) is a lot more costly than the $600 savings on fare.

I also checked our 14 day Circle Caribbean next March. For that cruise the price is $600 higher and we would also lose the AIBP perk on that one. Not a deal.

The point is that one should be aware of pricing and just because it says "SALE" you may have better options.

I did not book earlier, but the nonrefundable deposit is a deal breaker at this time

Another disappointing sale. I used to be able to book a cruise early and count on one or two price reductions but this has not been the case on the last 4 cruises that I booked. I am taking B2B cruises later this month and the only lower prices than I paid were after final payment and for new bookings only. There were some great savings then and they seem to be having trouble selling out.

Unless there is a much better sale I will try a last minute booking next time. I am looking for something this fall and am quite flexible on the destination and timing.