Pub lunch in Crown Grill

rgmacm

There was a report that on at least one of the three ships with Salty Dog in the Wheelhouse, that instead of Pub Lunch the Salty Dog menu was offered at lunch time--for a fee of course.

Also a report from one ship in the Panama Canal that pub lunch was only offered once in two weeks.

So it would help if the OP specified which ship. Though perhaps we can eliminate the ships which hold pub lunch in either Wheelhouse or Bayou Cafe--and guess they are sailing on Grand, Golden, Star or Caribbean.

There was a report that on at least one of the three ships with Salty Dog in the Wheelhouse, that instead of Pub Lunch the Salty Dog menu was offered at lunch time--for a fee of course.

Also a report from one ship in the Panama Canal that pub lunch was only offered once in two weeks.

So it would help if the OP specified which ship. Though perhaps we can eliminate the ships which hold pub lunch in either Wheelhouse or Bayou Cafe--and guess they are sailing on Grand, Golden, Star or Caribbean.

Don't think that was substantiated.

It was because I and several other cc members posted about it. It was only one cruise when trialled back in January

I'm actually wondering about it for our October cruise on Emerald. On that ship Salty Dog Gastropub is actually located in Wheelhouse - as opposed to the new Salty Dog venue which is just a renamed Trident Grill with a few extra items offered which is debuting on some ships. On Emerald it's inside Wheelhouse and includes the new Whiskey Adventure whiskey bar. I believe that, in the past, the Pub Lunch was done in Wheelhouse on Emerald Princess. They may not want to offer a Pub Lunch in a venue that already has an extra cost eatery.

I believe the OP is on the 07/15 sailing of the Star. That cruise has one sea day and two scenic cruising days in Glacier Bay and College Fjord.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Caribbean Princess had it in February & very popular, so might plan on getting there early.

My experiences have been that it's busy when opening for about 1 1/2 hours so we go later & had no lines.:)

On our Hawaii cruise with many sea days the Pub Lunch was only offered twice during 9 sea days which is less often than on my other cruises with many sea days.

There have been several answers that are incorrect - They DO NOT have pub lunch on EVERY sea day - they do have it on select sea days and not published until the daily patter arrives

We only had it twice on our recent transatlantic, 10 sea days and only twice,and one was on a 12.30 arrival port day.

We ourselves have never bothered with a pub lunch, mainly because we have 2 or 3 a month on land. So would be interested to hear if the PL is good, average or poor onboard?.

Spent five years going back and forth from the US to the UK for work before I ever sailed on Princess. Learned in the UK what a Pub Lunch is like. Once we started sailing Princess and discovered their Pub Lunches, I discovered how much I'd been missing that food. I personally find it to be authentic and well-prepared. To my tastes it is often better than what I had in the UK. Can't tell you what a Kiwi PL would be like though.

Never had it in Criwn Grill, always been in one of the restaurants or the wheelhouse bar, guess it varies by ship.

Not every sea day either, but again may vary by itinerary

Edited by GUT2407
stupid auto correct changed itinerary to itunes

Never had it in Criwn Grill, always been in one of the restaurants or the wheelhouse bar, guess it varies by ship.

Not every sea day either, but again may vary by itinerary

Pub Lunch has been served in the Wheelhouse on the Crown and Emerald, Steakhouse on the Pacific, Crown Grill on the Grand and Golden, Bayou Cafe on the Island and Coral, and one of the MDR on the Sapphire.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums