Received Cancellation Notice from Royal Caribbean for "My Time Dining" Reservations?

Back in April, I scheduled "My Time Dining" for 9 of us that will be cruising together in November on the "Cruise Planner" section of the website. I received confirmations of my dining reservations that same day. Yesterday, I received emails for each person that the My Time Dining reservation had been cancelled for all 7 days? When I called them, they could only tell me that the dining time had changed, but could not give me further information -

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

So did you get new dining times while you had them on the phone?

No - she told me that she didn't have any further information? She barely spoke English, and was super hard to understand.

I have called my Travel Agent, and I hope she can get it figured out for me!

I received an email from RCI and called our RCI agent who booked us.. According to her they are eliminating MTD and everyone will be first or second seating as in the past. so we were assigned first seating. Our cruise is on Harmony in Sept and she told us the current cruise will be the last one with MTD

Stevie

I had the same thing happen to me after getting our party of 16 scheduled for My Time Dining. In our case, the My Time Dining reservations were canceled because we were switched to Traditional 5:30 dining. When I then emailed RCI at rcldining@rccl.com to request that our 8 cabins be seated in the same section for dinner, they wrote back saying "Please forward the request at 50 days prior to sailingas the sailing has not been loaded"

I received an email from RCI and called our RCI agent who booked us.. According to her they are eliminating MTD and everyone will be first or second seating as in the past. so we were assigned first seating. Our cruise is on Harmony in Sept and she told us the current cruise will be the last one with MTD

Stevie

This is kind of a shock. I wonder if this extends fleetwide, Oasis class, or just Harmony.:confused:

MTD on the Harmony was horrible. They had no idea of how to do it. On the Freedom earlier this month MTD was also horrible. We started going to the Windjammer, better food & service.

with so many cruisers already booked with so many different preferences, I imagine any change will cause disruption. So until RCI publishes a universal statement that they are eliminating MTD altogether and are going back to MDR assigned times, we are all going with what we were told. So not sure my information is accurate, but I wanted to give a heads up that it is a possibility. we are only a table for 2, so special accommodations were not a driving force for any change.

Stevie

Stevie

What ?

If RC is eliminating MTD , that may be it for us with them . This is not like mints on the bed or steel bands on the lido or an increase in gratuities . We started sailing when non set times in the MDR was just getting started . It was our clear choice . We holiday to get away from set schedules .

I find it hard to believe that they would do this and will wait for a formal announcement . Perhaps they will be bringing back smoking in the cabins at the same time .

What ?

If RC is eliminating MTD , that may be it for us with them . This is not like mints on the bed or steel bands on the lido or an increase in gratuities . We started sailing when non set times in the MDR was just getting started . It was our clear choice . We holiday to get away from set schedules .

I find it hard to believe that they would do this and will wait for a formal announcement . Perhaps they will be bringing back smoking in the cabins at the same time .

Time to look at Oceania. No reservations needed in MDR, Terrace or Waves. Pre-cruise booking for no cost specialty restaurants and daily option to reserve more specialty reservations at no added fee. World of difference in the food too. Yum!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Again, I am not trying to cause a revolt... just shared what info we were told. If this is actually true, would not the boards light up with others who were cancelled? as diamond members we wanted to understand why we lost our request. so when I saw a few others received the same email, thought I would share and see if this is a common thing or if only a few of us are being inconvenienced. Time will tell what is really happening.. but as we all know, things have been changing without notice and these boards are our best forum for sharing what others are experiencing.

we have sailed other lines and used anytime dining without issues, but our last 2 cruises on Anthem DD was a nightmare and abruptly cancelled

Some how I think the bigger the ships are the more the problem with dining times. Imagine trying to organize the feeding of a city of 4000 when they wanted to eat. I some how doubt that MTD will be eliminated but I can easily see a up charge for it coming.

We are D+ and have enjoyed X lately, and looking at different cruise lines for a lot of reasons. We and "notice we" just are not happy with the directions RC seems to be going.

This is very upsetting if true. We currently have late seating and want to change to MTD due to the show times. If they are only going to have 2 dinner times then they need to make an adjustment to the show times.

Some how I think the bigger the ships are the more the problem with dining times. Imagine trying to organize the feeding of a city of 4000 when they wanted to eat. I some how doubt that MTD will be eliminated but I can easily see a up charge for it coming.

We are D+ and have enjoyed X lately, and looking at different cruise lines for a lot of reasons. We and "notice we" just are not happy with the directions RC seems to be going.

That is an interesting idea on how to control the crowds for MTD. I wonder how many people would be willing to pay?

Like you, we are D+ and have been using X and now Holland America for a number of years. Next year will be an exception because we booked the Jewel trans-Atlantic because of the Canary Islands and no one else does more than one island that we can find (and we don't want to do the round trip from England in the summer).

We did sign up for MTD so I will be watching this thread for more information. And yes, I would pay for MTD if necessary.

What ?

From your history, doesn't seem like you are loyal to Royal anyway.

We wouldn't pay an up charge for MTD. It's a more rushed experience with lines to enter at times even if you have prebooked dining times HOWEVER it allows us some flexibility in dining times. If it becomes an upcharge we will look elsewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We wouldn't pay an up charge for MTD. It's a more rushed experience with lines to enter at times even if you have prebooked dining times HOWEVER it allows us some flexibility in dining times. If it becomes an upcharge we will look elsewhere.

Every change Royal (and Celebrity) introduce is to the detriment of their customers.....

MTD on the Harmony was horrible. They had no idea of how to do it. On the Freedom earlier this month MTD was also horrible. We started going to the Windjammer, better food & service.

Our experience on Harmony was horrible as well. Too many people trying to eat at the same time. They just weren't prepared for it.

This is very upsetting if true. We currently have late seating and want to change to MTD due to the show times. If they are only going to have 2 dinner times then they need to make an adjustment to the show times.

How would YOU adjust the show times? 7pm is for late dining and 9pm is for early dining. If you have MTD you have to adjust so you can see one of the shows.

I was able to make MTD reservations for our Empress cruise in November last night on the Planner.