What a promotion !!

holacanada

Hi everyone !

Earlier this morning I receive a mail about a special promo bc I reserved a Neptune suite for my next cruise in april 2018.

They said :

Your suite reservation may qualify you for a complimentary Holland America Line

Signature Experience. The Experience includes a 2 night pre-cruise hotel stay

in a centrally located hotel in Rome, transfers/meet greet and an exclusive

evening in the Casa dei Cavalieri di Rodi (House of the Knights of Rhodes) on

the terrace overlooking the Roman Forum. Heavy appetizers and beverages will be

served. Afterwards enjoy a private after hours tour of the Colosseum

— So I call my TA and add up this very special free gift to my account.

Does anyone heard of this before ?

Holacanada from Quebec city !

Hi everyone !

Earlier this morning I receive a mail about a special promo bc I reserved a Neptune suite for my next cruise in april 2018.

They said :

— So I call my TA and add up this very special free gift to my account.

Does anyone heard of this before ?

Holacanada from Quebec city !

I just got the same email. I'm hesitant to call because I think it is just a marketing gimmick to get you on a time share tour? How come the email said I "MAY" qualify? Why don't they already know? I'll be anxious to see how it went with you. BTW, we booked a Signature Suite.

How come the email said I "MAY" qualify? Why don't they already know?

The link above says space is limited. Maybe there are only so many slots, and if you don;t book in time you might not be able to get it, therefore the "may" qualifier???

I'm guessing they won't offer anything like this for Alaska :D.

The link above says space is limited. Maybe there are only so many slots, and if you don;t book in time you might not be able to get it, therefore the "may" qualifier???

I'm guessing they won't offer anything like this for Alaska :D.

I am asking me the same question about the «may» !!

... Yes, in fact that promotion was on a limit space basis (first come, first serve). I have to say that my HA TA wasn't informed this early morning. So I send her the e-mail and she confirm to me that is a free package..! She also told me that I was the first to add this super offer to my reservation ..!

Holacanada

Edited by holacanada

Did they tell you exactly which "centrally located" hotel this would be? I'm always wary of offers that do not offer specifics.

My HAL PCC called me about this new promo a while ago; we were already booked in a Signature Suite in 2018 on the Zuiderdam, and she wanted to add the promo to our reservation. Two free nights in a hotel in Copenhagen (our embarkation city), free transfers (airport to hotel, and hotel to ship), and a tour of "Hamlet's castle" (with food and drinks). For free. Sounded too good to be true, but in fact it is this new promo. Space is limited, so she wanted to get me signed up if we were interested.

I did of course ask which hotel. She said that because the cruise is more than a year out, they don't have their hotel contract yet, so she could not tell me at this point. But she said it would be whatever they use in Copenhagen, centrally located, and she told me which hotel they have used there most recently (the Scandic Palace).

I think it's definitely worth adding this "Signature Experience" to your reservation if you can, and we've added it to ours. We may go ahead and book a hotel on our own that we can cancel if for some reason we don't like what HAL comes up with, but I suspect it will be fine with us.

Good for you guys!

Even if it is a timeshare membership sales pitch thing as someone suggested above, all you have to do is say a firm no. A lot of us have run into that before.

As far as hotels wouldn't it be one of the ones HAL already uses for pre or post cruises?

I like Turtles06 suggestion of booking a backup just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good for you guys!

Even if it is a timeshare membership sales pitch thing as someone suggested above, all you have to do is say a firm no. A lot of us have run into that before. It's obviously not a timeshare pitch. (Well, maybe we will be asked to buy a timeshare at "Hamlet's castle." ;p)

As far as hotels wouldn't it be one of the ones HAL already uses for pre or post cruises? That's what I was given to understand by my HAL PCC, sorry if I didn't make that clear.

I like Turtles06 suggestion of booking a backup just in case. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, good for us! And see my comments in red above.

I hope these 'offers' turn out to be all you hope they are but read everything carefully and be a little skeptic al, IMO.

The offer seems quite clear on the website (I provided the link earlier).

It's similar to the offer they used to do when sailing out of Vancouver and giving a free stay at the Pan Pacific.

It's being offered at 5 key ports in Europe for cruises that start there.

Hi everyone !

They said :

Well, I called our PCC. He said Yes! This is a great perk and he already added it to our cruise when he saw we were doing the VOV on Zuiderdam in Aug. of 2018. I'm glad we got in on it. The only thing is, I was going to try and get the free gratuities, OBC, drink card etc. promo when that comes out next year. We added it to a previously booked cruise when it came out last year and it was a good deal. Our base fare did not go up because of it either. I hope I can add that same promo to this cruise and not lose the Signature Experience? Our PCC does a good job of making sure we get all the extras we can. :halo:

Well, I called our PCC. He said Yes! This is a great perk and he already added it to our cruise when he saw we were doing the VOV on Zuiderdam in Aug. of 2018. I'm glad we got in on it. The only thing is, I was going to try and get the free gratuities, OBC, drink card etc. promo when that comes out next year. We added it to a previously booked cruise when it came out last year and it was a good deal. Our base fare did not go up because of it either. I hope I can add that same promo to this cruise and not lose the Signature Experience? Our PCC does a good job of making sure we get all the extras we can. :halo:

The Zuiderdam's August 2018 cruise is not the VOV, but the Viking Passage (Aug. 24, 2018 out of Copenhagen). Is that what you are on? If so, we are too; please come over and join our growing Roll Call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2444130

As I posted above, I have our PCC to thank for reaching out to me to add the new "Signature Experience" to our booking. We're new to HAL (not to cruising), and I was very impressed by that.

The Zuiderdam's August 2018 cruise is not the VOV, but the Viking Passage (Aug. 24, 2018 out of Copenhagen). Is that what you are on? If so, we are too; please come over and join our growing Roll Call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2444130

As I posted above, I have our PCC to thank for reaching out to me to add the new "Signature Experience" to our booking. We're new to HAL (not to cruising), and I was very impressed by that.

Yes! That is the cruise we are on. I knew Viking was in the name somewhere. :p Thanks for the invite to the Roll Call. I'll check it out.

While on board ship in January, we booked a Neptune for a June 2018 Med cruise. We were contacted by HAL then our PCC in late April letting us know we had this new perk included in our deal. It's no additional charge on qualified cruises.