Any Millennium Tips and Secrets to Share?

SargassoPirate

She Who Must Be Obeyed and I have an upcoming cruise on the Millennium. We haven't cruised on Celebrity for a number of years, and will be recognized as Elite because of our RCI standing.

We are pretty low-key cruisers and don't like to be nickel and dimed to death once we are on the ship. MDR works for us. Don't care about spa treatments. Like to get free drinks in the evenings. Like to attend the early show and then have dinner in the MDR. Also enjoy trying the other "free" food venues. Enjoy reading a good book on the promenade deck.

With that in mind, anyone have any "insider "tips and Secrets" to share that will make our cruise more enjoyable.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

SargassoPirate,

We did a B2B on the Millie last Nov/Dec and found it to be a very laidback ship. The Elite cocktail hour was always very quiet and we enjoyed the Elite breakfast. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Kudos to our barristas Lily and Angel in the Cafe al Bacio! We enjoyed trivia and the various people who hosted trivia were into movies and music so brush up on those subjects if you do trivia! Enjoy your cruise!

Turangi!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The roof top porch that was added last year is a nice place to hang out when the weather is nice. Otherwise Sky Lounge/Cosmo's Lounge is a great place to hang out during a sea day, unless Park West has taken it over again. MDR food and service are very good. If you are Elite you get one free gelato each and it is pretty good but the free ice cream in the Ocean VIew is also very good and free.....If the pool grill is still there the burgers are not bad but that location is being changed to a pay per burger deal called Top Deck Burger Bar. Not being a burger person anymore I did not stop and look on our Asia cruise in March.

Thanks, I'm taking notes. Sounds like just what we are looking for.

There will be a hearing impaired person with us. He gets by in most all venues, but noisy MDRs and even noisy specialty restaurants are a troublesome for him to follow the table conversation. Are there some quiet corners in the MDR that would help? We did a couple of cruises on RCI this past winter and had good success with requesting a quiet corner.

There will be a hearing impaired person with us. He gets by in most all venues, but noisy MDRs and even noisy specialty restaurants are a troublesome for him to follow the table conversation. Are there some quiet corners in the MDR that would help? We did a couple of cruises on RCI this past winter and had good success with requesting a quiet corner.

The quiet spot in the MDR is behind the steps on Deck 3. On Deck 4 in back of the steps before the Galley. There are two tables for two and a large table for about 8 in the area. Quite depending who's at the large table.

The solarium is the place for a great (free) lunch. I loved the chicken, my son had the salmon. Ate there almost every day.

Treats in coffee bar are free although you pay for the coffees. My fav was the carrot cake.

You will have a free gelato as a perk but we liked the ice cream in the buffet just as much, especially when they had the rum raisin.

Sargasso Pirate,

We found it fairly quiet when we dined ouside on the back deck at the Oceanview Cafe on our SE Asia cruise, but we did dine later in the evening. Except for the Martini Bar, most of the bars have some chair grouping on the "wings" that I would escape to during the day to read.

Yes the MDR can be noisy but tables on the edges are quieter. The big yellow chairs in Cafe al Bacio are also very cozy! The library is usually quiet EXCEPT when the Conceirge for CC is working!

Turangi!

Just got off the first northbound sailing of Millennium's 2017 Alaska season. This was my first Celebrity cruise but am Diamond on RCI so recognized as Elite on Celebrity. We had the classic drink package, so I did not go to the Elite Cocktail Hour, although I believe it was held in Cosmos. I agree with others, don't miss the free scoop of Gelato, however the free ice cream at the front of OV Cafe was great also. I also took advantage of the free bag of wash and fold, which I sent towards the middle of the cruise. It was delivered the next afternoon!

I really enjoyed the outside bar as a place to enjoy quiet breakfast on Port days. On my sailing, it honestly didn't get busy before 8. The made to order omelet stations were right inside from there also. Usually at least 2 and maybe 3 (one on the side) open which means not a long wait.

We did Celebrity Select and ate at either 530 or 830, depending on if I ate lunch in port. Always saw the 7pm show except for the first night.

I know you said you don't like nickel and diming, however if you want to try one specialty dining, they offer 30% off the first night and I thought Qsine was worth it for the discounted price.

Cafe al Bacio was a nice place to sit and watch outside if you can get a seat by the window, in one of the comfy chairs. The pastries are free, however the coffee is not. But is included in the classic package. I did not see a free drink or discount listed on the Elite pamphlet. They also have nice music there at various times of the day/evening.

There is also nice seating in Cellar Masters, which was never very busy.

If you have any specific questions, please let me know!

Now, we haven't been on the Millennium since the last dry dock, but I think there still is a door, marked crew only, at the end of deck three that takes you to the elevator to the bridge. Three knocks and a whistle (I hope you can whistle) and you are in... for your ten minutes at the ship's joystick. (Try a 360, the watch officer always loves it when passengers go for the 360.)

Need more help? Just ask.

Make your request through Celebrity special needs...They can then forward it on to the M'D. If you are on a fixed sitting it will be easier to sort than on the select option. On boarding then go to the dining room, look at your place and decide if it is OK for you. For many hearing impaired folk it can be 'clatter' as much as voices that make hearing hard so avoid being near service stations...If you are not happy see the M'D who will be stationed at the door sorting out a queue of people with requests.

Millennium penalizes those who did not spend the big bucks for Aqua or Suites on the 4 port days. Blu and Luminae open from 7 till 9 for breakfast, MDR only till 8:30. All open till 9:00 on the two sea days.

Constellation had the same hours pre dry dock...

Millennium penalizes those who did not spend the big bucks for Aqua or Suites on the 4 port days. Blu and Luminae open from 7 till 9 for breakfast, MDR only till 8:30. All open till 9:00 on the two sea days.

Constellation had the same hours pre dry dock...

Room service.