shareholder benefit / trade confirmation

suec12

It's very easy to get hold of a real brokerage statement and edit it to say CCL. It will look exactly like a real statement from that broker, the only way they can check is by contacting the broker.

I know what mine looks like and I have a hard time seeing anyone (but Bernie) doing that. Remember they see many many stmts. my DH is a Broker and he would not, could not verify anything by phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can you have a friend fax... I wouldn't trust the mail to get it to the correct desk, where the fax machine is right next to the person who handles the OBC.

It's just me, I'm a control freak and would rather know in 3 hours that it's done, instead of 2 weeks and we never recieved it.

My VOIP phone line actually has a fax service - upload a pdf file and the fax number and it goes. Haven't figured out why since the VOIP service itself includes long distance and works fine from my printer/fax/scanner. Or there are a bunch of online free fax services (often charge if you fax more than a few documents) that will do the same thing. Worst case you can use a grocery store or a place like Kinkos.

If you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat or a comparable PDF creation/modification application, it makes it very easy to download an account statement in PDF format and create a redacted copy to fax or mail to CCL.

CCL has a great shareholders program, unlike the now (as mentioned) useless RCL one--we just got $250 in credit for a 14 day cruise. As with many other CCers, we've now received more in shareholder credits than we paid for the stock.

If you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat or a comparable PDF creation/modification application, it makes it very easy to download an account statement in PDF format and create a redacted copy to fax or mail to CCL.

Using Chrome browser and Google drive, the DocHub app is free and allows similar abilities.

Has anyone tried emailing their statement to: guestadmin@carnival.com ? I'd much rather email than fax. Seems so antiquated.

Yes, I tried it about 3 weeks ago and it does NOT work. That is only for Carnival Cruises. I received an email back asking me to fax to the fax number I provided earlier in the thread.

After my experiences, I believe faxing will get the best and quickest results as far as shareholder OBC goes.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, I tried it about 3 weeks ago and it does NOT work. That is only for Carnival Cruises. I received an email back asking me to fax to the fax number I provided earlier in the thread.

After my experiences, I believe faxing will get the best and quickest results as far as shareholder OBC goes.

Thanks, MommyCPA. I ended up faxing it, but here's my question now:

for those of you that have eTrade, what do you send? I don't get statements because I haven't bought or sold anything within the past month. They don't have a lot of the other proofs of ownership either. ???

My shares are in a Scottrade account and I print out my quarterly statement from my account history. So long as It is no more than 90 days before sailing date, it is OK.

Okay, that's a relief. I was afraid my last statement was too long ago but it was for April, so hopefully I'm okay. ;)

I also have Scottrade. Sometimes the statement falls such that it won't work or will be extremely close to sailing. I can always look at my position page which shows my CCL stock and also has my name in the upper corner of the page. I use the Snip function in Windows (just click on the windows programs button and type snip. It allows one to highlight anything on any web page and take a picture of whatever you drew the box around. I paste that image into a Word doc, enter all of my cruise info on the same document, then fax it to Princess. I wait about an hour or two then call to verify the fax has been received. They check it and then apply the credit right then. I also ask them to email a verification.

The numbers I use are:

Fax: 661 753 0180 (For Sending Shareholder OBC Info)

Tel: 800 872 6779 ext. 30317 (For Confirming OBC Fax Has Been Received)

Thanks, MommyCPA. I ended up faxing it, but here's my question now:

for those of you that have eTrade, what do you send? I don't get statements because I haven't bought or sold anything within the past month. They don't have a lot of the other proofs of ownership either. ???

You don't have the certificates? Or a recent "Stock Proxy"??

Only took them a few hours to apply the Shareholders' Benefit. Wow, they've gotten fast about that lately!

Mine only took me 10 minutes. Faxed trade confirmation, with my reservation info written on it. Checked 10 minutes later, and it was there. First time doing it, I thought it's more or less automatic to get done this fast.

You don't have the certificates? Or a recent "Stock Proxy"??

No, I don't JVilleGal. Nothing other than my account online. What I sent worked fine though.

Thanks, Thrak. Didn't even think about Snipping it. Thanks! I'm going to hope I get a normal-looking statement after 6/30 and use that for the next cruise but if I don't get one, then I'll use the Snipping tool. ;)

• 1 month later...
Aloha All!

I submitted my Shareholder benefit request for my cruise on October last week and I just checked my princess account and it shows a "goodwill credit".... is this what the shareholder credit is?

Thank you!

Previously it was displayed as a Shareholder credit but have read several recent posts that it was listed as "goodwill credit".

I don't know if this is an intentional change or another of the several website problems since recent updates. "Goodwill credit" was previously when someone received compensation & not for Shareholder credit. :confused:

I submitted my Shareholder benefit request for my cruise on October last week and I just checked my princess account and it shows a "goodwill credit".... is this what the shareholder credit is?
Although there have been exceptions, Princess will typically not process Shareholder Benefits in advance of the final payment date. You may have to submit your application again after that date.

Previously it was displayed as a Shareholder credit but have read several recent posts that it was listed as "goodwill credit".

I don't know if this is an intentional change or another of the several website problems since recent updates. "Goodwill credit" was previously when someone received compensation & not for Shareholder credit. :confused:

The credit is listed in our Cruise Personalizer as Shareholders Benefits for our August UK cruise.

I know that this is an old thread but for anyone without a landline or fax machine and concerned how to send your benefit request, here's a FREE online fax option: https://faxzero.com/ You have to have a digital copy of your statement and the benefit request form. I scan them (on my printer) and save on my computer (you could also take a cell photo and email to yourself and save that). Then you just add the forms like you would an email attachment. Faxzero will send you an email with a link you have to click before they actually send the fax (to prevent online robots). Once the fax is successfully sent, you get another email from Faxzero telling you that Princess has received your fax. I have used this for several years and never had a problem with it. It's really faster and better than snail mail (IMHO). Hope this helps someone.

I called them, they did confirm that the goodwill credit I see on my account is indeed the obc from the shareholder benefit.

Thanks all!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I don't believe the Goodwill Credit is associated with the Shareholder Benefit. The SB will be listed as a different line item. Our GC appeared long before we processed or request for a SB.

Sent from my iPad using Forums