Late Flight

Other than flying at least one day in advance, my advice would be to have only carry-on luggage and to have a private car service waiting to take you direct to the terminal with no stops.

Royal generally requires guests to be checked-in no later than 90 minutes before scheduled departure. That would be 3pm if your scheduled departure is 4:30pm. It takes about an hour to get to the port. You have very little margin for delay.

You have to have everything go exactly as planned with absolutely no delays from your flight to luggage retrieval to getting to whatever transportation you use to getting to the port.

If changing to an earlier flight is not possible, then the advice offered by Bob would at least trim some of the possible delays, as long as your flight is on time.

Good luck, but you are cutting it extremely close!

I foresee sadness. :(

Way too much stress

Yes, and yes.

OP, you can change your flight but I suspect it will cost a lot of money or you can't get off work. You can only hope everything goes according to plan, but given what happened with British Airways just yesterday (an extreme example but you get my point) it's just a huge risk, in my opinion.

With a 1 PM arrival, you will waste over 30 + minutes just getting off plane and picking up your luggage, so at best 1:30 to 1:45 departing the Airport, add an hour driving, you will arrive within 15 minutes of being able to check in and board. Way to risky.

Aircraft Mechanical issues, flight cancellation, weather delays, air traffic control delays, flight crew availability/rest issues, traffic between the airport and Port Canaveral....

There is literally zero room for any type of delay or snag.

I would not risk it. I would get there the day prior at all costs, or at a bare minimum the morning of the cruise.