Is the Therma Suite Pass worth it? NCL JEWEL

Hello!

I saw an offer for the Therma Suite Spa Pass for the whole cruise (7 days, Alaska) for $139.00.

Has anyone bought this? Is it worth it? What are the spa hours?

Thank You,

Daisy

For me on an Alaskan cruise, it does not make a lot of sense. You only have 2 full days plus 2 half days at sea, the rest of the time you are in a port. I would also depend on which ship your are sailing and the date of your sailing.

It is totally your call, but for me it is a waste of money,

I am heading to Alaska in September for the 4th time.

Mandy

I bought it for my upcoming AK cruise; however, I am not sure how much we'll use it. I will say that I have used the heated loungers on past cruises and they are totally worth it. On a New England cruise, I hurt my knee on a bike ride (muscle) and I think the heated loungers were my saving grace for a quicker recovery! We tend to do active excursions, so I always buy the spa pass! And they are about $20 cheaper bought prior to the cruise. Have never been on a cruise where they were overfull; even our spring break cruise on the Escape there were empty areas. The Jewel class ships have fewer amenities in the spa suite, so they are cheaper (and not sure about the hours of operation, either, I suspect it is shorter on the smaller ships.) I am going first week of July, so if you are later maybe I'll have more insight!

Hello!

I saw an offer for the Therma Suite Spa Pass for the whole cruise (7 days, Alaska) for $139.00.

Has anyone bought this? Is it worth it? What are the spa hours?

Thank You,

Daisy

My wife and I got it last September on our Alaska cruise. It was nice on the cloudy cool days. I was disappointed in the size of it. Maybe it was me but it seemed a fair amount smaller than the Thermal Spa on the Gem and not as nice

I believe the hours were from 8am until 10:00pm

It was empty on our Gem cruise, although the weather was great. Never had to wait for a heated lounger. I've heard the spa on the Jewel isn't as nice, but I've never seen it.

This was the winter TA, bad weather. Never once saw an open heated lounger in 9 days.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I always get a spa pass. I have one on the Pearl for my Alaska cruise next week. For me, it's essential because I have arthritis, so when I get back from port I go straight to the spa to soak away the aches and pains. Love it!

I haven't been on the Jewel so I can't comment on it's spa, but whether it's worth it is entirely up to you. If you feel it's money well spent, then it's worth it. If you wouldn't use the spa then don't bother.

I always get it on all of my cruises, i don't like the pool area too crowded and too noisy. If you book the Panama Canal and/or Alaska in an inside cabin then is a great alternative to get the views without having to be outside. I will admit though, if i ever go on the NCL Jade again i will not get the spa pass, for me is the worst spa of all the ships i have been on.

Edited by spanishguy1970

I always get it on all of my cruises, i don't like the pool area too crowded and too noisy. If you book the Panama Canal and/or Alaska in an inside cabin then is a great alternative to get the views without having to be outside. I will admit though, if i ever go on the NCL Jade again i will not get the spa pass, for me is the worse spa of all the ships i have been on.

I have to agree about the Jade having a poor spa. I'm on her for 14 nights next year and that's my only concern. I read about the recent refurb and it doesn't look like they did anything to upgrade it. The itinerary goes to Iceland, so I'll have to be sure to visit the Blue Lagoon!

I always get it on all of my cruises, i don't like the pool area too crowded and too noisy. If you book the Panama Canal and/or Alaska in an inside cabin then is a great alternative to get the views without having to be outside. I will admit though, if i ever go on the NCL Jade again i will not get the spa pass, for me is the worst spa of all the ships i have been on.

Could you tell me why not NCL Jade spa pass. We are doing the 11 day Panama Canal Trip. Thanks.

The Jade spa is small and doesn't have as many amenities. It doesn't compare to the other NCL spas I've been in (Epic and Pearl).

I agree, to me the best spas are on the Epic, Star, and the Gem... I like the Star because it has the quiet area where you can sit and read along with a nice bigger pool, the Epic amenities are extensive and comfortable at least to me they are. The Jade to me looks like an afterthought, the amenities are small, and there is hardly any place to sit, in fact the sitting area is in the bathroom which to me seems like an odd choice..I have to admit as well out of all the spas we have been in it was the most noisy one.

We bought it for the Jade 6/4 departure and loved it. It was small, but not crowded. Paid $129 for the 9 night cruise and used it multiple days. Nice steam and sauna and loved the thermal lounges.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have gotten spa passes on every ship I've been which has a spa, twice to Alaska. Needless to say, I think they're worth it. I've been in the Jewel spa, and granted, it is the smallest I've been in, but still enjoyable. But the loungers are NOT in the bathroom!!! The Pearl is the spa I think is the best, but I must say I haven't been on any of the larger ships.

I'm just sorry the Sun doesn't have a spa, because I'll be on her for the third time for my next cruise, which is to Alaska, and wish I could spend time enjoying the spa.

People say Alaska isn't worth getting a spa pass because it is so port-intensive, but I disagree. As Quilting_Cruiser says, the thermal hot tubs are bliss after a day out on excursions. Especially if you have cool/rainy days in Alaska.

It's also a great place to be as you cruise Glacier Bay, too. Not for taking pictures if that's what your main interest is, but for sitting back and relaxing and enjoying the ethereal feeling of Glacier Bay.

I'll be back on the Pearl on Sunday and have already purchased my pass. I can't wait -- I agree that the Pearl's spa is really good. The Epic is the only mega-ship I've been on and I absolutely loved the Epic's spa. Thanks for the idea of spending time there while in Glacier Bay. :D

It's interesting to me that people say not to get a pass on a port-intensive cruise. I think it's the difference between utilized the spa as simply a place to relax and enjoy the atmosphere and using it because it takes away the pain! The more port-intensive the cruise, the higher priority a spa pass is for me. I'm on the Epic in Sept for a Western Med cruise that has only one sea day. I wouldn't even consider not getting a spa pass for that one!

It's interesting to me that people say not to get a pass on a port-intensive cruise. I think it's the difference between utilized the spa as simply a place to relax and enjoy the atmosphere and using it because it takes away the pain! The more port-intensive the cruise, the higher priority a spa pass is for me. I'm on the Epic in Sept for a Western Med cruise that has only one sea day. I wouldn't even consider not getting a spa pass for that one!

Fully agree!

I'll be back on the Pearl on Sunday and have already purchased my pass. I can't wait -- I agree that the Pearl's spa is really good. The Epic is the only mega-ship I've been on and I absolutely loved the Epic's spa. Thanks for the idea of spending time there while in Glacier Bay. :D

I'm on the Epic in March. Considering it.... did you like

I've done weekly passes multiple times on several different lines. The thermal spa on the Epic is hands down my favorite. There is an aft facing exterior section with 6 loungers and 2 sofas. A great compromise for the occasions we don't get aft facing rooms (which are my favorite). The overall Spa square footage is huge. Heated loungers, inside and outside padded loungers, sauna, large hydrotherapy pool. Beautiful.

I'm heading on the Jade for 10 days to Norway, which is an itinerary that I'd like the spa package. Can anyone share exactly what makes the spa on Jade so bad? Youtube doesn't have much on the Jade spa. I read countless reviews which stat Jade is the worst spa in the fleet, but I'm trying to understand why?

I'm on the Epic in March. Considering it.... did you like

Absolutely! I can't imagine sailing on the Epic and not spending time in the spa. My kids are all grown now so I travel solo on most cruises and book a studio or inside cabin. On the Epic as BermudaBound said, there's a wonderful balcony with loungers and day beds. I spent a lot of time out there reading when I was done using the indoor spa area

I've done weekly passes multiple times on several different lines. The thermal spa on the Epic is hands down my favorite. There is an aft facing exterior section with 6 loungers and 2 sofas. A great compromise for the occasions we don't get aft facing rooms (which are my favorite). The overall Spa square footage is huge. Heated loungers, inside and outside padded loungers, sauna, large hydrotherapy pool. Beautiful.

I'm heading on the Jade for 10 days to Norway, which is an itinerary that I'd like the spa package. Can anyone share exactly what makes the spa on Jade so bad? Youtube doesn't have much on the Jade spa. I read countless reviews which stat Jade is the worst spa in the fleet, but I'm trying to understand why?

The Jade's spa is small and dark and just doesn't have much. It's better than nothing, of course, but it doesn't even come close to the Epic or the Pearl. Those are the only three NCL ships I've sailed (on the Pearl again on Sunday and the Epic in 103 days :D) so I can't compare to the other NCL spas.