Is the non refundable deposit program ON?

I just priced out the two cruises we have booked.

The NRD price is very similar to what I/we paid under the previous system. The refundable option is about $300 more for both cruises.

It was a simple way to raise prices and make everyone think they are getting a "discount".

I guess It's good for the stock price...

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Friends of ours booked today to join us on Harmony and the option was there for a D5 . Basically the non refundable price stayed the same the refundable was a few hundred higher. I'm guessing they are trying to get people to stop putting deposits on several different cruises for the same week?

I'm guessing they are trying to get people to stop putting deposits on several different cruises for the same week?

and get people ready for the day when all deposits are non-refundable - like most markets outside of NA.

I have been price checking a cruise out of rome for next august and with the new pricing structure it went down @300.00. balcony room for a Greece cruise under 2300.00 not to bad

later,

ezemoney

Then I will have to get over my fear of commitment

Ok Bob and Ken I'm ready:)

Think of how much more time you would have for other things when you don't have to check cruise prices anymore!

Think of how much more time you would have for other things when you don't have to check cruise prices anymore!

To add that's the part I don't get. I "assume" that both the non and refundable fares will change every month with the new "sales"

To add that's the part I don't get. I "assume" that both the non and refundable fares will change every month with the new "sales"

We won't know that behavior for a while. Also, as it stands now, I cannot look at refundable prices for JS staterooms on the website. Perhaps this is the way it's going to be from now on.

Ellen would still be checking, she just wouldn't have so many booked so far in advance.

Maybe this is Royal's way of stopping her from getting all that Redeploymemt OBC.:D

Are still able to take advantage of any possible price drops with a non-refundable fare or are you locked in to the price you booked at?

I'm just preparing myself that I'll be paying the extra $200+ for the new "privlage" of having a refundable deposit. Or just eating the $100 PP for the nonrefundable. It won't change my philosophy of booking early and getting a few backup cruises for protection.

Maybe I'll need to get a European travel agent?? lol [emoji3]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Are still able to take advantage of any possible price drops with a non-refundable fare or are you locked in to the price you booked at?

I was told on the phone by a RCL agent that you CAN get price drops. And we all know that the info give over the phone by them is gospel:halo:

On or off the program still sucks will they allow us to take the deposit and switch it to another date or are we locked into that original sailing date with no hope of ever getting a refund? Why is it that all companies related to travel are trying to nickel-and-dime us to death?

I was told on the phone by a RCL agent that you CAN get price drops. And we all know that the info give over the phone by them is gospel:halo:

Thanks Ellen, we all know how accurate the information from the RCL reps is! :D:rolleyes:

Seems like an olive branch because if they did not, all you could do is look at cancel and rebook and see which way you make out better.

RCI could have exactly copied Carnivals Early Saver program, made the cancel fee double of Carnivals and people would have dubbed it a winner.

That's a good question. If so, I can see price drops happening less often. But if not, I can see a lot of angry folks when the refundable fare drops below (or equal to) what they paid for non-refundable, but not by enough to make it worth paying the penalty to switch.

Another poster in another thread mentioned that there is a $100pp penalty for switching, and another $100pp fee for rebooking, making the penalty for 2 people $400, rather than $200. This would make the non-refundable deposit even less attractive. I'm actually surprised so many people are willing to try it. I'd rather pay the higher fare and be glad if I get surprised with a price drop than to pay money I know I can't ever get back. I wouldn't shop at a retail store with no return policy either. I just like knowing I can change my mind I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On or off the program still sucks will they allow us to take the deposit and switch it to another date or are we locked into that original sailing date with no hope of ever getting a refund? Why is it that all companies related to travel are trying to nickel-and-dime us to death?

You're pretty much locked in. According to another poster, they charge a penalty for cancelling ($100pp), and give you the other $300 (assuming you had a reservation for 2 people) credit towards a future cruise. BUT, that person also said that there is a $100 per person fee to use the credit once you pick a new itinerary, leaving you with only $100 of that original deposit money. I don't know if that is accurate though. I do recall reading about the $100 per person penalty for making a switch though, so I know that you definitely do lose some of that money if you make a change.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums