Buying Premium Drink With Classic Package

colingu

We've sailed many times with Celebrity and usually have the classic drinks package. It has been our understanding that if you but a drink not included in the package (eg a martini from the Martini Bar) then you will be charged the FULL cost of the drink.

However, we today received the 2018/2019 sailings brochure which now includes on page 119 a description of the classic and premium drink packages and states on page 118 "Care for a drink not included in your package? Classic & Premium Package holders are welcome to enjoy any single serving drink not included in the package inclusions by paying the PRICE DIFFERENCE".

Has the policy changed as we thought this only applied to premium package holders?

Does that include beers?

For example a Heineken is included in the standard package at at $ 6.00 and want a Red Stripe @ $ 7.00, over the six dollar max for beer on the standard package, I'd pay one dollar for the difference in price?

Does that include beers?

For example a Heineken is included in the standard package at at $ 6.00 and want a Red Stripe @ $ 7.00, over the six dollar max for beer on the standard package, I'd pay one dollar for the difference in price?

Beers are included, but if you have the standard package you'll pay full price for your beverage. Paying the difference currently applies to just classic and premium packages.

Beers are included, but if you have the standard package you'll pay full price for your beverage. Paying the difference currently applies to just classic and premium packages.

I think he probably mean the 'standard' included perk of the Classic Package. The lesser package (now not offered was the Select package). So as above with the Classic Package he can pay the difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think he probably mean the 'standard' included perk of the Classic Package. The lesser package (now not offered was the Select package). So as above with the Classic Package he can pay the difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, that's what I meant. I totally forgot about the "standard package" the new dummied down "Classic".

64066795.jpg

Yes, that's what I meant. I totally forgot about the "standard package" the new dummied down "Classic".

64066795.jpg

When they made the changes to the Classic a few months ago, they eliminated the different price ceilings for different types of alcoholic beverages. There is now only the one price ceiling of $8.00; so a beer of $8.00 or less is now included in the Classic. A $10.00 beer would cost you an additional (10 - 8) x 1.18 = $2.36.

Can someone tell me how I canget a copy of the future sailings Brochure? I found lots of brochures and Celebrity’s web page but none of them haveanything to say about that rate package change.

Thanks, Dan

When they made the changes to the Classic a few months ago, they eliminated the different price ceilings for different types of alcoholic beverages. There is now only the one price ceiling of $8.00; so a beer of $8.00 or less is now included in the Classic. A $10.00 beer would cost you an additional (10 - 8) x 1.18 = $2.36.

Classic package includes drinks up to $9, not $8. Premium is still at up to $13 per drink.

This details the differences between the classic and premium packages: https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

The two wines that I was able to choose from the premium package: Decoy Cabernet and Mer Soleil Chardonnay were available in the MDR. I didn't attempt to order them in any of the bars.

We've sailed many times with Celebrity and usually have the classic drinks package. It has been our understanding that if you but a drink not included in the package (eg a martini from the Martini Bar) then you will be charged the FULL cost of the drink.

However, we today received the 2018/2019 sailings brochure which now includes on page 119 a description of the classic and premium drink packages and states on page 118 "Care for a drink not included in your package? Classic & Premium Package holders are welcome to enjoy any single serving drink not included in the package inclusions by paying the PRICE DIFFERENCE".

Has the policy changed as we thought this only applied to premium package holders?

Policy changed- but it was at least a year ago. You pay the difference. I believe for example the drink cost &15 instead of $12. you owe $3.00 This is fair.

I recall the bartender at the martini bar making a cosmo in a small martini glass. Not sure if others would be available. But a full sized martini in a frosted martini glass would just cost about $3. Unless prices have risen over the past few months

i note they took Baileys Irish cream of the Classic how much extra would the cost be ? also the cost of a can of soda ? thank you Aussie

Those are two of our main drinks, soda water out of a can and Baileys.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

i note they took Baileys Irish cream of the Classic how much extra would the cost be ? also the cost of a can of soda ? thank you Aussie

Bailey's was an extra $1 on the Silhouette in May. The bartenders appeared embarrassed to have to explain that to us every time DH ordered one.

On Celebrity's website it indicated that with the Classic package, you could only get fountain sodas. However, when I spoke to someone in customer support, they assured me that can sodas were included in the classic package. If I am reading this thread correctly, it sounds like canned sodas are NOT included with the classic drink package--is that correct? Thank you!!

On Celebrity's website it indicated that with the Classic package, you could only get fountain sodas. However, when I spoke to someone in customer support, they assured me that can sodas were included in the classic package. If I am reading this thread correctly, it sounds like canned sodas are NOT included with the classic drink package--is that correct? Thank you!!

Yes and not the premium waters and energy drinks.

I think the plan will be that the bars will have 'python' soda from a trigger mechanism. Just back from the Eclipse and I noticed 1 bar had this installed, the other bars were using bottles of soda to top up classic drinks.

There were not "fountain drinks" anywhere on the ship. It was all cans. My husband had classic and one day stopped and got himself a can and asked if he could get a second or did he need my card and they said no problem and gave him two.

If you don't have a package the price was $3.

I did go to Martini Bar and the drinks were pretty standard $12 each. So if you had the classic plan you would pay $3 (+ grat) to get one. I had premium so no issue.

Truthfully if you aren't both big drinkers or picky drinkers I wouldn't upgrade both of you. Actually it would have been cheaper for me to not upgrade and just pay the difference as I went for the times I needed it. I only asked (and sometimes just got) top shelf because I had the plan. One everything if mixed in you really can't even tell the difference.

Classic has more than enough options.

I think the plan will be that the bars will have 'python' soda from a trigger mechanism. Just back from the Eclipse and I noticed 1 bar had this installed, the other bars were using bottles of soda to top up classic drinks.

To me that seems like a horrible waste of bartender time to give fountain soda to everyone who doesn't have a plan. The lines would be horrible. They sell a relatively inexpensive pop package and I think that's the way people will need to go if they really want pop. I never heard anyone without a package asking for "fountain soda" when I was standing at a bar or even saw anyone get pop in a glass.