"Thank you for sailing with us"

mafig

We just received an email from Celebrity thanking us for our recent sailing and offering an OBC to book another cruise,

Is this new?

Most times it seems to be $100, but last year during the Endless Summer promotion we received the $100 plus an additional $125 'Loyalty Promo' discount on the price.

So, NO, it is not 'new'.

I used to get them all the time but ever since I gave them less than stellar reviews, they stopped coming. It wouldn't make a difference anyway.

This implies that you have sailed with them more than once after giving them less then stellar reviews. If that is the case, then only you have hurt yourself.

We are Canadian and we got one after our last Celebrity cruise 3 years ago. I finally used it last week! I was able to combine it with a sale rate.

I think I felt better when I thought it was a residency issue! :loudcry:

We received the promo code "POSTTHANKU" in an email a couple years ago after returning from a recent cruise. Our experience since that time has been that 1) You can have the code applied regardless of whether or not you received an email and 2) ignore the expiration date to book your cruise by if you did receive the email.

We have used this promo 3 times in the past year without ever receiving the email offer. Twice on a Transpacific and Transatlantic where the "Go Big, etc" promo was not offered, and once on this past May's Infinity Pacific Coast where "Go Big" was offered. It was explained to us that the promo is combinable with one additional promo, apparently the reason we were able to combine w/Go Big on Infinity. On the Transpacific and Transatlantic, it was combined with resident rates.

I often make our initial booking on line on the Celebrity website and include the promo code in order to get it on the booking, then turn over to a TA for further handling. However on our most recent cruise in May aboard Infinity, I was able to have the TA call Celebrity and get it added to our booking. The amount of OBC is as follows: $50 Oceanview $100 Veranda $150 Concierge/Aqua $200 Suites.

Edited by BEAV

We received the promo code "POSTTHANKU" in an email a couple years ago after returning from a recent cruise. Our experience since that time has been that 1) You can have the code applied regardless of whether or not you received an email and 2) ignore the expiration date to book your cruise by if you did receive the email.

We have used this promo 3 times in the past year without ever receiving the email offer. Twice on a Transpacific and Transatlantic where the "Go Big, etc" promo was not offered, and once on this past May's Infinity Pacific Coast where "Go Big" was offered. It was explained to us that the promo is combinable with one additional promo, apparently the reason we were able to combine w/Go Big on Infinity. On the Transpacific and Transatlantic, it was combined with resident rates.

I often make our initial booking on line on the Celebrity website and include the promo code in order to get it on the booking, then turn over to a TA for further handling. However on our most recent cruise in May aboard Infinity, I was able to have the TA call Celebrity and get it added to our booking. The amount of OBC is as follows: $50 Oceanview $100 Veranda $150 Concierge/Aqua $200 Suites.

Do you have to use the code at time of booking? Wondering if I called my TA if they could get it applied to my upcoming cruise. We still haven't made final payment and an extra $150 OBC wouldn't be a bad thing.

Do you have to use the code at time of booking? Wondering if I called my TA if they could get it applied to my upcoming cruise. We still haven't made final payment and an extra $150 OBC wouldn't be a bad thing.

Here's my theory. If you don't ask, the answer is definitely no! Soooo....ask, what have you got to lose? I asked my TA to apply a POSTTHANKU to a cruise I'd booked a week before boarding a cruise. I expected a no, but was pleasantly surprised by the yes, even though the email said New Bookings Only.

We received the OBC offer after our last 2 cruises but didn't do anything about it because we already had more cruises booked. Maybe I should call and ask if we can use it after all?

Upside: they do it! Downside: you waste a phone call. Advice: be charming when you ask and see what happens. You'll be no worse off.:)

Just spoke to my TA. He put in a request, said it would probably take 10 days to 2 weeks for Celebrity to process it. Won't be expedited because cruise is so far out (Aug. 2018). He did not say we would get it but did not act if this was a futile request either.

I suspect the criteria is simply if you do not book a cruise while on the ship, here is another chance to do it.

Not sure this is the case. I booked a future cruise while onboard Equinox in April. I also received the "thank you for sailing with us" email shortly after our return in May. The offer states that it must be used within 60 days. The promo code appears to be a generic one - POSTTHANKU.

I need to thank the OP of this thread as I totally forgot about the promo code until I saw this thread. I had just booked a cruise directly with Celebrity last Friday and called them this morning to ask that they apply the promo to my reservation and they did. Got $150 OBC for a concierge class cabin on a repositioning cruise. Happy with that since no perks apply. Was immediately applied to the reservation and received updated client copy of reservation by email. Now I can work on transferring the reservation to a TA and see what I will get from them.

I wonder if receiving the email with the promo code might have anything to do with whether or not you completed and submitted their post-cruise survey? Just a curious thought......

I wonder if receiving the email with the promo code might have anything to do with whether or not you completed and submitted their post-cruise survey? Just a curious thought......

That is a possibility as I did complete the survey via the link in the email I received. Getting extra OBC is a good incentive to complete the survey, I'd guess. Will definitely complete the survey after my next cruise and see if I get another thank you email.

I suspect the criteria is simply if you do not book a cruise while on the ship, here is another chance to do it.

Nice theories, but on our last two Celebrity cruises we didn't book on board and we did complete and submit the survey. Still no OBC offer...

Building on BEAV's theory, maybe you only get one if you aren't too negative (and therefore unlikely to return) or too positive (why waste OBC if they have you hooked already).

I'd like to that the Op too for posting this. Reminded me that I had received the "thank you for sailing with us" email about a month after our transatlantic. I booked a Bermuda trip a couple of weeks ago and forgot about the email and to have the code applied. I had filled out the survey after the last trip. Called my TA this morning to ask them to ask Celebrity if they could apply the code. They did! And I saw the $150. for Aqua class on board credit applied to my ship account within the hour.

I don't think so. I got the email once before the survey and another time about 2 months after.

We get one after every cruise, but sometimes they come quite a bit after. In fact, sometimes so late that we cannot apply them to the next cruise we booked when we got home because too much time has passed.

That's what I found out when I called my TA. Would have been nice if X allowed you to have it applied any time before final payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nor have we. Maybe it's not an offer extended to Canadians.

I did get the email after I did my first cruise this spring on Celebrity. I had booked another cruise while onboard for October. I didn't think I was able to use the OBC they offered in the email, but they gave it to me. So it is interesting to see who and why those emailed get the OBC....because I would be considered very new to Celebrity, a proud Canadian and had already booked a future cruise while onboard a previous one. I am now so looking forward to my upcoming cruise in October 2017 for Canadian Thanksgiving and my special birthday.

• 2 weeks later...
We booked a cruise on Edge while on the Equinox in June and received the email with OBC offer today so booking on board doesn't appear to matter.