Jr suite cabin

We have not had to request robes on any of our recent cruises in a JS.

Hit and miss with us. Half the time they are not there, but a polite request to our cabin attendant had

them in the cabin soon.

You just have the good luck with you Bob. ;)

Hit and miss with us. Half the time they are not there, but a polite request to our cabin attendant had

them in the cabin soon.

You just have the good luck with you Bob. ;)

Same with us. Last year on Allure, there were no robes and the cabin attendant said there were none available. We're booked into the same cabin again this November so it will be interesting to see if we get robes.

Just had to jump in with an opinion, if you are Diamond or higher, to me the JR Suite is a waste of money. Over charged for the "space" you get. The perks are not that great. It is like you are the step child in the "suite" world.

Just saying.

Just had to jump in with an opinion, if you are Diamond or higher, to me the JR Suite is a waste of money. Over charged for the "space" you get. The perks are not that great. It is like you are the step child in the "suite" world.

Just saying.

The extra space used to be worth paying the difference for us. Not so much anymore.

The extra space used to be worth paying the difference for us. Not so much anymore.

IMO location and space important to me. While my DH and I aren't huge people, we do not like stepping over each other and not having enough room to put away everything comfortably.

Perhaps not for everyone- Dining in the suite restaurant for dinner is so much better then the main dining room. To each his/her own.

Just saying.

There are three of us. A regular balcony does not cut it, space wise and especially with storage. The JS solved this problem. Will be Diamond after next years cruise. Will still get a JS. It is well worth it to us. That closet. I compared the difference between the price I would pay for a Grand Suite to the cost of just purchasing the extra perks that I really care about (VOOM and no room service surcharge). I come out better just purchasing the items. Plus, we were in a Grand Suite earlier this year. The only thing that I will miss is the bathroom with two sinks. I actually like the configuration of the JS better (that closet). I would rather my son be in the bed to the side of us, rather than directly in front of us.

Just saying.

We are D+, and 99% of the time book a JS. Besides the additional space and larger balcony, walk in closet, full tub with shower, we enjoy the double points, and access to Coastal Kitchen on Oasis for dinner free of charge. IMHO much better than the specialty restaurants that are indeed over priced for what you get.

Funny...I don't recall being a step child. Hmmm...;p

Just saying.

Definitely worth it on the Oasis. Huge hump balcony and Coastal Kitchen.

Just saying.

We aren't Diamond, but always book a JS on the hump after having stayed in a basic balcony cabin. We enjoy the extra room, the larger balcony, the closet, and the nicer bathroom. Dh detested the bath in the balcony cabin on our first cruise. Right now, we only cruise once a year so when we do, we want a nicer/larger room, but don't need one of the larger suites.

The JS category is our favorite option (and as a D+...not a waste of money to me)...I personally don't care for the GS .... hate that dry bar area that takes up space limiting access to the small closets...and the category's with a 2nd level...not interested to have stairs in my cabin...I have enough of those in my home.

I have been on both. You said that you have not.

I have not stayed in a JS on either, although I have visited. Don't really recall the visits.

If you were blindfolded and put into a balcony cabin on the Harmony and a balcony cabin on the Anthem, and except for the fact that Harmony did not put in the over-the-bed cabinet (a huge mistake, IMO), I would defy you to tell me which ship you were on.

If I was "blindfolded" not sure I could tell any RCI ship cabin from one to the other...You didn't say I could take off my "blindfold" :cool:;p

No worries since we seem to disagree on the meaning between the words "decor" & "design" :*

The Anthem has 2 types of jr. Suites. The jr. Spa has 2 bathrooms. One with the bowl and sink the other has a very large walk in shower with a Ceiling rainfall and hand held. The closet large enough for two with plenty of drawers. Well worth the extra money for Coastal kitchen. There a great videos on utube.

Do JS occupants board in the "suites" line, or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes. JS get priority boarding in the suites line. In fact, we had my brother & sis-in-law with us & they were in a regular balcony next door to our JS. They let them go in the suites line & board with us. I was concerned about whether they would allow it before we went & it ended up being no problem at all.

So since you have priority boarding in a JS are the rooms ready right away or do you have to wait?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

"Priority boarding" has nothing to do with when the cabins will open up for occupancy.