Mini Bar charges after we got home from Cruise

we just got off the Anthem this morning. When we left we got out final bill which was ours but then we got home and got an email with final charges and there was a mini bar charge added for $12.36 which was not ours.

I called and they took it off but be careful when you get an email with your final bill. Check it carefully.

I have no problem paying for charges that are mine, and the final bill we got on the ship was mine, but putting a charge on after we get home from the cruise is just wrong!

Be careful.

we just got off the Anthem this morning. When we left we got out final bill which was ours but then we got home and got an email with final charges and there was a mini bar charge added for $12.36 which was not ours.

I called and they took it off but be careful when you get an email with your final bill. Check it carefully.

I have no problem paying for charges that are mine, and the final bill we got on the ship was mine, but putting a charge on after we get home from the cruise is just wrong!

Be careful.

Running thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2434965

We were on 4 separate RCCL cruises last winter and this never happened. But from the posts here, it sounds like it's happening a LOT. They need to stop doing this, makes you wonder how many people are unknowingly paying this on their credit card.......:mad:

I was not aware of any running thread. I just got off the ship this morning and wanted to make others aware of what happened to me.

I didn't think I had to check all past threads before I post about something that just happened to me today.

No need to get angry. Bob was just saying you were not alone.

We were on 4 separate RCCL cruises last winter and this never happened. But from the posts here, it sounds like it's happening a LOT. They need to stop doing this, makes you wonder how many people are unknowingly paying this on their credit card.......:mad:

Exactly, that was the reason for my post today. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

I was just on a B6B. It happened on ONE cruise. Fortunately, it was in the middle, and I was able to take care of the charge while still on board. But it is VERY annoying.

Many people don't check, or they 'can't be bothered' to jump through the hoops to get it reversed.

It is getting to the point that one wonders if RC doesn't consider this their latest "revenue stream." :(

I was charged on my last cruise too. It seems as though we were charged for the two bottles of water they placed in our room. We moved them during our cruise to get them out of the way, and never moved them back to their original spot. The minibar guy just noted they weren't where he'd left them and charged us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Guest maddycat
I was charged on my last cruise too. It seems as though we were charged for the two bottles of water they placed in our room. We moved them during our cruise to get them out of the way, and never moved them back to their original spot. The minibar guy just noted they weren't where he'd left them and charged us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It wouldn't have mattered if you put the 2 bottles of water back in the original spot. You still might have been charged for them. That happened to us. They weren't moved for the entire cruise and we were still charged.

Be careful.

For me I always request the minibar is emptied including all water out of the cabin.

Royal no longer stocks the mini bar on any cruise, except for leaving two bottles of water. Sometimes it's two large bottles, sometimes one large and one small. They may be in the so-called refrigerator or they may be on a countertop.

There is a request form that you MAY fill out if you want it stocked.

So there is little excuse any more for this nonsense.

Royal no longer stocks the mini bar on any cruise, except for leaving two bottles of water. Sometimes it's two large bottles, sometimes one large and one small. They may be in the so-called refrigerator or they may be on a countertop.

On Anthem they leave 2 small bottles per person as a C&A gift. The two/three large bottles of Evian were also there with some type of minibar flyer thing attached. I left those 3 big bottles on the shelf, did not even move them, and still got charged $12.36.

On our Serenade B2B in May, there were 2 bottles of Evian in the cabin of our first cruise but no bottles in the cabin on the second cruise (we changed cabins). We had $11.68 mini bar charge at the end of the cruise cruise (must be cheaper on Serenade). Our first time ever for this type of erroneous charge. Called the number that Bob provided above and they 'chose' to believe me that the charge was in error.

Supposedly those nefarious two bottles of water were to be removed from the mini bar as of this month. Perhaps not?

OK...RCI...what's up with that. Send those bottles packing please, like you did with the rest of the unwanted mini bar

junk. :mad:

If pax want any mini bar stuff...they can order it and pay for it when they do.