P&O questionnaire

Eglesbrech

Her name was Abbie, a nice girl from Newcastle. She had great enthusiasum.

Ah, I recall her from our cruise on Aurora a few weeks earlier. Nice girl but she made a complete hash of narrating the Bee Gees tribute show - several times. She read a paragraph between each song and stumbled over every sentence and mispronounced so many words it became a real distraction. She clearly needed to rehearse, but my sense was that it wouldn't have been much better if she had. The Entertainment Manager was a chap (John?) who was also very enthusiastic but was very Hi-de-Hi, which wasn't in keeping with the passenger profile.

The questionnaire I had after my recent cruise on Britannia had the same loaded questions and it's obvious that P&O have decided on change of dress code and they're going to blame that on feedback just as they did stopping FCD and changing embarkation arrangements. BTW I've just come back from 'working' on a Princess ship and they've still got FCD and were advertising them loudly and proudly.

I enjoy the fact that I get the chance to dress up on a cruise and I was happy with 4 formals on my 14 nights on Britannia recently but I've just checked my CP and it says we've got 10 in 35 nights on Ventura in Feb and that's just too many for me.

Just returned yesterday -10th July - from Ventura on 17 night Eastern Med trip where we had 3 formals in 5 days and a further 2 later

These 5 formals all happened on 'sea days'

Even MPs don't have to wear ties now. Times they are a changing and hey, you would be stretching it a bit to describe P&O as a classy cruise line.

Let's vote for comfort.

David.

or alternatively cruise with someone else.

We visit Venice on our upcoming cruise. It would be brilliant if they do a classical/opera sailaway from there (assuming they don't do the whole joke and dance routine before it or I'll have skulked off).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry, but Venice officials don't like lots of loud music so it is a very quiet affair by order. Last year it was terrible and the song choices were dire (when music was allowed) Whatever P&O were thinking about when they could play music I do not know. I think it was the only moan we had all cruise. I just remember saying "What are they playing this garbage for? We're in Venice!"

Don't build your hopes up .... sadly.

E.g. Even the Andrea Bocelli Classic (Time to Say Goodbye) wasn't his version ........... just grim.

If you want classical sailaway take an iPod and headphones ...

Just returned yesterday -10th July - from Ventura on 17 night Eastern Med trip where we had 3 formals in 5 days and a further 2 later

These 5 formals all happened on 'sea days'

Ohhhhh we are due to do this cruise in about 5 weeks time. Was it ok?

Good news re the sea days and formal nights.

Were the sea days ok and did they do a Behind the Scenes tour?

Can you remember which night exactly were formal>

You get good classical sail-away music as you leave Olden, but it comes from the Pub on the pier.

Olden gave us the most amazing sailaway a few weeks ago when we were on Arcadia. I'll never forget it. The Captain gave them a good thank you with the ship's horns at the end of it :)