Changes in Platinum/Elite Lounge

Nrknits

No need to report-It has changed-We just got off the last cruise on the Caribbean. Also 2 for 1 (happy hour) has gone away.

It's been awhile since the 2 for 1 happy hour was changed to a 2 for $1 happy hour...are you saying that has been eliminated? If so, that's the first report I've read about that negative change.

Surprised at the wholesale change of the entire menu of drinks, instead of dropping the one or two least ordered and offering new ones, keeping the most popular choices. Perhaps their strategy is to give provide undesirable ones in the hope that passengers will turn to their regular stand-by at the full price.

That would have been my strategy.

Close, they really want to sell the expensive full drink pkg.I would really become an alcoholic if I purchased that wanting to get my monies worth.

It's been awhile since the 2 for 1 happy hour was changed to a 2 for $1 happy hour...are you saying that has been eliminated? If so, that's the first report I've read about that negative change.

Oh no .... say it isn't so! I don't mind the buy one, get one for a buck ... hope it hasn't gone away completely.

It is consistent on any single cruise. It may be random between ships as to when and where.

Sorry since you're correcting other posters... I know you think you're the final word on all subjects Princess, but that statement is completely wrong.

The time and place is not consistent on a any single cruise either , MANY Princess cruise itineraries don't even have the 2 for 1 on some port days, and MANY Princess cruise itineraries adjust the time for port day sail aways and often for certain special onboard events.

Once should not correct and dissect posts and than expect a free ride on their incorrect posts. Post counts does not make a poster always right

Lastly, my advise is to Cruise More, and post less

Srpilo

Just got off the Emerald and was very disappointed in the elite/platinum lounge. The new drink menu was on the tables and they were indeed $6.50. There was no description of what was in the drinks - when I asked the waiter all he could tell me was the liquor in each. When I shared my disappointment with the Circle hostess, she just smiled and said it was a new drink menu they just got. That's it - her response was pitiful. Oh well...

No need to report-It has changed-We just got off the last cruise on the Caribbean. Also 2 for 1 (happy hour) has gone away.

Nooooo!!! We love BOGO. Have enjoyed it for the last couple years !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry since you're correcting other posters... I know you think you're the final word on all subjects Princess, but that statement is completely wrong.

The time and place is not consistent on a any single cruise either , MANY Princess cruise itineraries don't even have the 2 for 1 on some port days, and MANY Princess cruise itineraries adjust the time for port day sail aways and often for certain special onboard events.

Once should not correct and dissect posts and than expect a free ride on their incorrect posts. Post counts does not make a poster always right

Lastly, my advise is to Cruise More, and post less

Srpilo

Wow! Someone had grumpy flakes for breakfast and forgot how to spell.

That has been my experience as well. Particularly when there is an early afternoon arrival at a

port, like 1 or 2 pm.

Post counts does not make a poster always right

Whilst I agree with you, there are clearly many here who seek the highest possible count.

• 2 weeks later...

Still hoping that the new Elite Lounge policy and the stoppage of the BOGO for $1 have just been limited to a few ships for a trial. It looks like these changes are another case where some bean counter is tripping over dollar bills to pick up pennies. The previous policies weren't broken, but someone thought they should be fixed. Even if it wasn't a real profit producer, the results were in the passenger loyalties and relationships that produced future bookings.

The Elite Lounge had to be a money maker as was the BOGO program. We have enjoyed meeting many new people which has resulted in new friendships over the years plus the sharing of exciting experiences. That venue really couldn't be matched anywhere else on the ship. Evening BOGO helped fill the lounge areas that had this benefit.

Still hoping that the new Elite Lounge policy and the stoppage of the BOGO for $1 have just been limited to a few ships for a trial. It looks like these changes are another case where some bean counter is tripping over dollar bills to pick up pennies. The previous policies weren't broken, but someone thought they should be fixed. Even if it wasn't a real profit producer, the results were in the passenger loyalties and relationships that produced future bookings.

The Elite Lounge had to be a money maker as was the BOGO program. We have enjoyed meeting many new people which has resulted in new friendships over the years plus the sharing of exciting experiences. That venue really couldn't be matched anywhere else on the ship. Evening BOGO helped fill the lounge areas that had this benefit.

The BOGO for a dollar was the only time we actually bought drinks at all. Take that away & we'll probably not make any purchases.

The BOGO for a dollar was the only time we actually bought drinks at all. Take that away & we'll probably not make any purchases.

Same here. I usually get a glass of water while my husband orders one of the special drinks.

We're not big drinkers but the afternoon BOGO$ occasionally gets us to buy drinks we wouldn't otherwise purchase.

The bar was packed with passengers which normally between 3:00-4:00 would be a ghost town. Paying about $8-$10 for 2 drinks is still more profitable than selling no drinks at all. I've seen programs about cruises which have a goal for alcoholic drink sales...eliminate BOGO$ which fills a bar & that sales goal will be more difficult to achieve. And less sales results in lower profits so the bean counters are making a big mistake. :confused:

Edited by Astro Flyer

Maybe they are just just testing it out on this ship

and it's not on all the ships.

Just go and eat the snacks don't buy the

drinks and then maybe they will go back

to the old drinks.

Read a thread that its also on the Caribbean Princess & they also cut out the Bogo at 3pm, something else to cry about..

We're not big drinkers but the afternoon BOGO$ occasionally gets us to buy drinks we wouldn't otherwise purchase.

The bar was packed with passengers which normally between 3:00-4:00 would be a ghost town. Paying about $8-$10 for 2 drinks is still more profitable than selling no drinks at all. I've seen programs about cruises which have a goal for alcoholic drink sales...eliminate BOGO$ which fills a bar & that sales goal will be more difficult to achieve. And less sales results in lower profits so the bean counters are making a big mistake. :confused:

It seems the latest fad is to inflate the cruise price & then offer the "free" sip and sail promotion. While I'll usually purchase a few drinks, no way I'll be willing to buy into the so-called "free" package and then be forced to over indulge to get my money's worth.

It seems the latest fad is to inflate the cruise price & then offer the "free" sip and sail promotion. While I'll usually purchase a few drinks, no way I'll be willing to buy into the so-called "free" package and then be forced to over indulge to get my money's worth.

have to disagree with you. I booked our Royal Princess cruise before the SipnSail came out. When it came out, I checked and cruise price did not go up even one cent. Called and got the SipnSale pkg added to the cruise. Lots of people said the cruise did not go up in price when the SipnSail came out, some said it did. But if for sure is not a standard "across the board" increase in price just b/c the SipnSail promo came out. For us a win/win, no increase in cruise fare and now have the SipnSail pkg for both of us.

I'm excited about the new menu! Why is everyone so negative about any changes? Imagine if menus never changed...how boring!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think the issue is going from $5 to $6.50. That's quite big jump.

OMG, that new menu sounds nasty. No more Chairman of the Board or Cosmos? Here's the ingredients in a Deep Sea Martini:

3 oz gin

1 oz dry vermouth

1/2 tsp Pernod® licorice liqueur

1 dash orange bitters

That is disgusting. I don't like Pernod in my gin. :eek:.

Our usual is a pair of Cosmos before dinner. Hope they haven't forgotten how to make good ones! :cool:

I'm excited about the new menu! Why is everyone so negative about any changes? Imagine if menus never changed...how boring!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think if you pay attention to what has been said, it's not about incorporating new drinks, it's about eliminating the previous popular ones. No problem if they add a couple and see if they work while keeping the ones that are really bringing in the customers.