Changes in Platinum/Elite Lounge

Nrknits

Princess should have leaned by now from the last fiasco when you were only allowed one special of the day. Hardly anyone went, waiters were frantic as they weren`t getting tips. Eventually they reversed that policy. Remember strength in numbers.

What's wrong with a little change? If you have the drink package order the drink you want? I, for one, like the idea of trying these new drinks.

You may have the drink pkg but most of us don`t or want it. I would become an alcoholic if I bought it, its not about the price its about controlling what you drink.

OMG, that new menu sounds nasty. No more Chairman of the Board or Cosmos? Here's the ingredients in a Deep Sea Martini:

3 oz gin

1 oz dry vermouth

1/2 tsp Pernod® licorice liqueur

1 dash orange bitters

That is disgusting. I don't like Pernod in my gin. :eek:.

I see the link to the menu with all the drink names but where can I see all the drinks ingredients?

Drinks are cheap on a cruise:

Grey Goose is $9. At resorts, hotels, las Vegas, anywhere vacationay, anywhere nice, expect to pay more than $12. $16-$20 is fair game. At the renaissance I think the drinks start around $12 for a basic cocktail, but you're getting a heavy pour.

OMG, that new menu sounds nasty. No more Chairman of the Board or Cosmos? Here's the ingredients in a Deep Sea Martini:

3 oz gin

1 oz dry vermouth

1/2 tsp Pernod® licorice liqueur

1 dash orange bitters

That is disgusting. I don't like Pernod in my gin. :eek:.

It's only 1/2 tsp. That's 2.5ml in 120ml of gin/vermouth! Think of it as a seasoning! ;)

It's only 1/2 tsp. That's 2.5ml in 120ml of gin/vermouth! Think of it as a seasoning! ;)

Lol, strong licorice seasoning. I will admit that in the 1980's, I did drink quite a few Pernod and Lemonades in England, because it was the only drink that was serve over ice in the pubs.

I would try the Mayan Mule.

Ingredients:

2 parts Milagro Reposado Tequila

0.5 parts Lime Juice

2 dashes Angostura Bitters

3 parts Ginger Beer

Mint Sprigs and Lime Wheel, for garnish

I wonder how they are going to make it though, because the ships only have ginger ale and not ginger beer. It probably won't taste right, just like the Moscow Mules that they make with ginger ale don't have the same taste as the ones made with ginger beer.

I was in the coral last year and they had ginger beer

Thanks for the update, things keep changing all the time. It's a shame about the price increase. I hope Princess doesn't mess with the happy hour.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

They already have. The food offerings are not as good as they use to be.....:(:(:(

Bob

I, too, am very disappointed in the price increase. I also remember the $3 drinks, and it doesn't seem like it was that long ago. At $6.50, I don't see it as too much of a "benefit." I am not familiar with any of those drinks, so it will be interesting to try them. I have a (complimentary) drink package on my next cruise, so I will try them all. But, if I don't have a package on future cruises, I doubt I'd buy them. I like to go because I like the ambiance of enjoying a cocktail with some snacks and with the beautiful views we have from the lounge. Everything changes, usually not for the better.

I was in the coral last year and they had ginger beer

Interesting? Maybe the purchasing agents finally wised up and started by ginger beer? I will ask for it on the Grand Princess in October. Maybe I can even get a Dark and Stormy. :D

What's wrong with a little change? If you have the drink package order the drink you want? I, for one, like the idea of trying these new drinks.

I agree, I'm going to try them all. Even the ones with Gin, which I never drink. If I don't like it I'll give it to my DH. He likes Gin. If the Tito's Lemon Drop is any indication, it looks like they may be using premium brands for these drinks.

Bummer. We just sailed Alaska a couple of weeks ago and the price was still $5.00 for the special menu. We did not get the drink package as it was a port intensive cruise. We will get the drink package on our next cruise though :D.

Prices per drink have gone up. So, for us, the drink package makes sense as long as it is not a port intensive cruise.

I would try the Mayan Mule.

Ingredients:

2 parts Milagro Reposado Tequila

0.5 parts Lime Juice

2 dashes Angostura Bitters

3 parts Ginger Beer

Mint Sprigs and Lime Wheel, for garnish

I wonder how they are going to make it though, because the ships only have ginger ale and not ginger beer. It probably won't taste right, just like the Moscow Mules that they make with ginger ale don't have the same taste as the ones made with ginger beer.

FYI, we drank Jamisons and Ginger Beer on our Mexican Riviera cruise in Dec. '16 on the Ruby.

We are going on the Royal in October... will probably check it out, even when we went in the past, we did not order the drink special... we order what we like to drink (scotch, martini, beer) and enjoy the snacks if to our liking... we also only go if it is not crowded... oher we can enjoy a nice in our mini suite and be very happy..

We were on the Grand last year, never made there once. No not big deal either way.