Changes in Platinum/Elite Lounge

Nrknits

Interesting. We were on her in Feb '16 and it was $1.

Correct. It was still in effect in March. The elimination just happened.

Redwing55 - that's Larry Murphy's sweater number.

have to disagree with you. I booked our Royal Princess cruise before the SipnSail came out. When it came out, I checked and cruise price did not go up even one cent. Called and got the SipnSale pkg added to the cruise. Lots of people said the cruise did not go up in price when the SipnSail came out, some said it did. But if for sure is not a standard "across the board" increase in price just b/c the SipnSail promo came out. For us a win/win, no increase in cruise fare and now have the SipnSail pkg for both of us.

I've heard a lot of people say the same thing and every time I check on my normal TA web site they advertise those cruises with & without the package.

Of course the trip without the package is always cheaper.

I'll have to do another check the next time they offer that special.

I can confirm, just off the Royal. Two happy hours a day, BOGO $1, and platinum/ Elite lounge was $650 for about 6 different drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What time are the happy hours?? We are on the regal in September

I can confirm, just off the Royal. Two happy hours a day, BOGO $1, and platinum/ Elite lounge was $650 for about 6 different drinks.

$650 is quite an increase from the previous $5

Sent from my desktop using MTF

have to disagree with you. I booked our Royal Princess cruise before the SipnSail came out. When it came out, I checked and cruise price did not go up even one cent. Called and got the SipnSale pkg added to the cruise. Lots of people said the cruise did not go up in price when the SipnSail came out, some said it did. But if for sure is not a standard "across the board" increase in price just b/c the SipnSail promo came out. For us a win/win, no increase in cruise fare and now have the SipnSail pkg for both of us.

+1 We were going to book the Royal for a 2019 Mexican cruise when the schedule came out but waited because I knew Sip and Sail was coming. Not only did the price not go up it went down $50 a person from the first time I looked.

Thrilled to hear the afternoon Bogo is back, I`m booked on the Caribbean & Regal ships & hoping they at least kept that. The menu on the new elite lounge sounds terrible, so we`ll have a drink from our bar before dinner.

Just off the Crown and what was to be our first cruise as platinum and first time enjoying the platinum/elite lounge.

Did not like the drink specials they offered so we went to plan B.

Went to a bar where they were offering buy one get one for a buck bought our drinks and brought them to the platinum lounge.

Had it on skywalkers and love the view and not at all crowded. For that matter they never even asked to see our cards.

Where do they hold the platinum/elite lounge on the star princess? I have to say the drink menu does not sound very appealing.

It's in Skywalker's nightclub. They can make a drink for you that's not on the special menu. It will just be at regular pricing.

I would try the Mayan Mule.

Ingredients:

2 parts Milagro Reposado Tequila

0.5 parts Lime Juice

2 dashes Angostura Bitters

3 parts Ginger Beer

Mint Sprigs and Lime Wheel, for garnish

I wonder how they are going to make it though, because the ships only have ginger ale and not ginger beer. It probably won't taste right, just like the Moscow Mules that they make with ginger ale don't have the same taste as the ones made with ginger beer.

When I was on the Regal last year they did have ginger beer but you had to ask some of the bartenders to take a second look. It's easier for them to use ginger ale from the gun but they have the real deal. I watched them make it when I was on a Moscow Mule kick.

When I was on the Regal last year they did have ginger beer but you had to ask some of the bartenders to take a second look. It's easier for them to use ginger ale from the gun but they have the real deal. I watched them make it when I was on a Moscow Mule kick.

I agree they do have it. I had ginger beer on the Ruby when we had the AIBP (was not worth it to us and we do enjoy a cocktail or two).

We are on the Ruby Princess right now and have visited the elite lounge at 5 PM in the Skywalkers Lounge. The rules now are

They have changed the EliteLounge rules. Only one drink is offeredat $6.50 each night. These are thespecial priced drinks by day. All therest are regular price including my favorite chairman.

Seattle Saturday Port Lemonade

Sunday at sea Tito’sFresh Mint Lemondrop

Juneau Monday Mayan Mule

Skagway Tuesday Floradora (???)

GlacierBay Wednesday Cherry Blossom Garden

Ketchikan Thursday Captain’s Circle Party

Victoria Friday Boulevardier

We are on the Ruby Princess right now and have visited the elite lounge at 5 PM in the Skywalkers Lounge. The rules now are

They have changed the EliteLounge rules. Only one drink is offeredat $6.50 each night. These are thespecial priced drinks by day. All therest are regular price including my favorite chairman.

Seattle Saturday Port Lemonade

Sunday at sea Tito’sFresh Mint Lemondrop

Juneau Monday Mayan Mule

Skagway Tuesday Floradora (???)

GlacierBay Wednesday Cherry Blossom Garden

Ketchikan Thursday Captain’s Circle Party

Victoria Friday Boulevardier

At least they dont charge for the magnificient view from skywalkers

We enjoy it in Skywalkers. Great venue.

Skywalkers is a great location.

Unfortunately, there were so many Platinum/Elites on our Caribbean Princess in January (2017) it was in Club Fusion rather than Skywalkers.

Without the view and relaxing atmosphere it wasn't worth going ....

Gotta admit, that is maybe one of the locations I wish that the Royal has.. can't have it all I guess.:(

Yep, I was saddened to learn that the new class of ships no longer have Skywalkers like the Grand class ships. Now they have Club 6 but in the middle of the ship.

Now they have the Outrigger bar out in the open. Which we enjoy but not as quiet or protected from the elements.