Changes in Platinum/Elite Lounge

Nrknits

We will be boarding the Ruby two weeks from today so we will find out what is going on in the platinum/elite lounge. If they have messed with my all time favorite chairman, I will not be a happy cruiser.

On our last cruise in March, they were at the door checking sea cards for entrance. I agree though I have been on cruises where they did not check cards.

On our last cruise in March, they were at the door checking sea cards for entrance. I agree though I have been on cruises where they did not check cards.

I don't know why they sometimes bother to check cards?

Seems to me that their sales would be much greater if they stayed open longer and allowed everyone in.

Last cruise we did not even both to go, we never drink mixed drinks any way, so when we did we ordered what we like to drink and paid for it, had the snacks... but since we started to eat in the Crown Grill every night, did not want to spoil our meal... so skipped this perk... had a drink in our cabin while dressing...

I don't know why they sometimes bother to check cards?

Seems to me that their sales would be much greater if they stayed open longer and allowed everyone in.

...and then it wouldn't be the platinum elite lounge, but rather the lounge.

Curious which ship/cruise you were on when they had the Tartare ? I haven't seen it offered for years.

We have had it on every cruise for as long as I can remember. The last was April on the Ruby.

It's one of my favorite appetizers so I always watch for it.

I'm glad they were checking cards on the CB last December. It was fairly crowded all nights. We enjoy going for a quick snack--just enough to keep us from getting hungry before our late seating dinner. Perhaps the itinerary (8-day, ABCs) attracted more Platinum and higher passengers since there are not many Princess itineraries that include Bonaire.

If they have messed with my all time favorite chairman, I will not be a happy cruiser.

If you know the contents of any drink, and you describe it to a bartender, won't they just make it for you?

Wasn't there a McDonalds ad like this:

"I'd like two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles on a sesame seed bun."

...saving you from having to say 'big mac'.

Or if the bartender has been with princess for a while, they will probably recognize the name and be

able to make it...

If you know the contents of any drink, and you describe it to a bartender, won't they just make it for you?

Wasn't there a McDonalds ad like this:

"I'd like two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles on a sesame seed bun."

...saving you from having to say 'big mac'.

Or if the bartender has been with princess for a while, they will probably recognize the name and be

able to make it...

You forgot the onions 🤣

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Surprised at the wholesale change of the entire menu of drinks, instead of dropping the one or two least ordered and offering new ones, keeping the most popular choices. Perhaps their strategy is to give provide undesirable ones in the hope that passengers will turn to their regular stand-by at the full price.

That would have been my strategy.

You forgot the onions 🤣

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you. It was missing a syllable!

I have no idea if there is a clever jingle for the chairman of the board.

But, if the drink were for me ... I would get what I enjoyed. After paying for travel

and the cruise, I wouldn't care if the drink was a couple dollars off for a special or not.

I guess if one really cared, they could try and purchase during the buy 1, get second for $1

sale that occurs at random.

I guess if one really cared, they could try and purchase during the buy 1, get second for $1

That's where we have been getting our Chairmans lately....1 on the rocks and the second "up" so it doesn't get watered down while enjoying the first ;).

Not random. Will be twice a day, once in the afternoon (time and location varies by ship) and once in the late evening (time any loation varies by ship).

Thank you. It was missing a syllable!

I have no idea if there is a clever jingle for the chairman of the board.

But, if the drink were for me ... I would get what I enjoyed. After paying for travel

and the cruise, I wouldn't care if the drink was a couple dollars off for a special or not.

I couldn't find the Happy Hour/s on my Golden Princess Cruise in November 2016. Don't know if Australian Alcohol Laws had anything to do with it, it was a Repositioning/Coastal Cruise from Sydney to Melbourne.

When I sail in October 2018 it's the cruise immediately before the start of Ocean Medallion, and I can't see the Soda and More Package in my Cruise Personaliser. I do know about the

Buy 6 Sodas (reasonable choice of Coke, Sprite, Orange, Ginger Ale, and I think Soda Water and have forgotten the other. I plan to budget for several packs and store the extras in an insulated bag so Room Service only need to do 1 trip. If it's hotter than I expect and I drink more I'm guesstimating AUD$3 for a glass of Coke, although I intend to take the tumbler I received last time, it's safer to carry with the secure top. I've broken the plastic straw but can bring a packet of drinking straws easily.

Just off Pacific Princess and they still had the old set of drinks for $5. Steak tartare was served twice in 36 days!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are all sitting here waiting to see if this trial balloon will stay inflated or if enough shots at it will cause it to explode.

We enjoy going to the P/E/S lounge, primarily to meet up with old friends and make new ones.

Admittedly, DH and I don't order the specials...rather regular drinks on the menu. And, I'm all over the steak tartare and herbed goat cheese. Usually, these constitute dinner on the evenings offered! And, have been offered on all the Princess cruises we've been on since eligible for the P/E/S lounge.

Melissa

Not random. Will be twice a day, once in the afternoon (time and location varies by ship) and once in the late evening (time any loation varies by ship).

Time and location varies by ship.

Bar Manager on one ship decides to have happy hour at 3:30, and bar manager on another ship decides on 4:00.

And you want to argue that it's not random?

I guess I should have added -- it can only occur when the bar is actually open, for completeness.

Edited by pablo222

They may be doing us a favor, we always enjoyed sitting on the balcony drinking the elite bar & wharever we took on the cruise, gave that up & had a party in the elite lounge, now I`m ready to return to the balcony if Princess insists on taking away the perks.

Someone on the Royal right now just reported that the Platinum/Elite Lounge drinks are now 6.50, up from 5.00 and the drink menu has completely changed. New drinks: Boulevardiar, Mayan Mule, Port Lemonade, Mint Lemon Drop, Limon Mojito, Floradora, Cherry Blossom Garden, Deep Sea Martini.

We just got off the Ruby and yes, it's true.

Time and location varies by ship.

Bar Manager on one ship decides to have happy hour at 3:30, and bar manager on another ship decides on 4:00.

And you want to argue that it's not random?

It is consistent on any single cruise. It may be random between ships as to when and where.

We'll be sailing on the Caribbean Princess next month and I'll also report if it's made this change. The evening cocktail time is one of our favorite activities.

No need to report-It has changed-We just got off the last cruise on the Caribbean. Also 2 for 1 (happy hour) has gone away.