Should I upgrade to an Oceanview?

The sail up the Grand Canal is amazing and on the return its normal around 5.30am it begins so you could watch from your cabin.

It might be a bit tight for Rhapsody to sail up the Grand Canal, one would probably opt for a slightly smaller boat.;)

If you are comfortable with inside, stay with it. I would never look at the view from a window and rarely from a balcony. The best place to enjoy the view of Venice or the sail into Kotor is from a high deck where you can see all round. Oceanview does not appeal to me - I go for a balcony if I can afford it otherwise inside. I know some people find inside cabins to be claustrophobic and natural light is appealing, but do not book a window for the view.

It depends on what you want to spend your money on. I have done an inside once and said never again. I prefer a balcony because I like to be able to get outside. If I couldn't run to a balcony then I would consider an OV. I like to know it is daylight, what the weather is doing etc and you can do this with an OV. I just found the inside too cave like. As someone else said, you might want to save you money for drinks, or other things. Only you can decide.

7 night from Venice to Dubrovnik, Kotor, Santorini, and Olympia next June.

It is very hot that time of year in this area.

We always get a balcony because the views sailing into all these ports is fantastic and often we will sit on the balcony at 5 in the morning soaking up the views and fresh air.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

It is very hot that time of year in this area.

We always get a balcony because the views sailing into all these ports is fantastic and often we will sit on the balcony at 5 in the morning soaking up the views and fresh air.

And the added benefit of being able to do this in your Pj's is a plus.

I agree with many above. I would not upgrade based on having a "view" of anything. We are not talking a balcony but a window. I would want to be out on deck for the views. Windows let in light and let you see the ocean but that is about it. We had an OV on one ship (Oasis I think) where there was so much salt on the outside of the window you couldn't see anything out of it.

I agree with many above. I would not upgrade based on having a "view" of anything. We are not talking a balcony but a window. I would want to be out on deck for the views. Windows let in light and let you see the ocean but that is about it. We had an OV on one ship (Oasis I think) where there was so much salt on the outside of the window you couldn't see anything out of it.

Words of wisdom. You are locked in your inside cabin, so look around for great places to sit and enjoy the view!

We used to be balcony snobs. First two cruises I spent considerable amount of time on the balcony. Got a balcony to Alaska because everywhere I read it said you must have one for Alaska. Hardly was on it. Instead on deck or Viking Crown Lounge where I could see everything. Next cruise was a balcony but never used it. Then we did a Promenade. I only missed the sunlight. Of 5 cruises currently booked, one is an interior with virtual balcony. That way I can get light and the other is a Panoramic Ocean View. If you are fine with an interior, go with it and go on deck. Can't really see much out of a porthole.

We used to be balcony snobs. First two cruises I spent considerable amount of time on the balcony. Got a balcony to Alaska because everywhere I read it said you must have one for Alaska. Hardly was on it. Instead on deck or Viking Crown Lounge where I could see everything. Next cruise was a balcony but never used it. Then we did a Promenade. I only missed the sunlight. Of 5 cruises currently booked, one is an interior with virtual balcony. That way I can get light and the other is a Panoramic Ocean View. If you are fine with an interior, go with it and go on deck. Can't really see much out of a porthole.

There is nothing wrong with an inside cabin because you still have access to all the ship has to offer.

A balcony is our preference which we have done 42 times out of 45 cruises and i would always recommend this but it is your cruise to enjoy as you wish.