Restaurant choice - Allure

My travel agent issued a “dinner for two” voucher to be used at the following restaurants: Chops Grille, Portofino, Giovanni’s Table, Samba Grill or Solarium Bistro. Which is the better of these restaurants? This is the only “specialty” meal we will enjoy while on our cruise.

Thanks!

Some of those restaurants are not on Allure.

Those you listed that are on Allure: Giovanni's Table, Samba Grill, Chops Grille.

"Better" is subjective.

If you like lots of different meats, go for Samba.

If you like different kinds of steaks and chops, go for Chops.

If you like Italian (with an excellent filet choice), go for Giovanni's.

That's odd - I copied directly from the voucher. I guess it is a standard voucher they issue to all Royal clients.

It's bad enough that I am limited to just a few restaurants, but I am limited to certain days and I cannot reserve until on board.

Since you mentioned the "filet," I wonder if that will be included in my voucher - would you know?

Thanks.

That's odd - I copied directly from the voucher. I guess it is a standard voucher they issue to all Royal clients.

It's bad enough that I am limited to just a few restaurants, but I am limited to certain days and I cannot reserve until on board.

Since you mentioned the "filet," I wonder if that will be included in my voucher - would you know?

Thanks.

Whatever steak they have at Giovanni's ( may or may not be a filet) will be included.

However, there are a few entrees at Chops that are extra cost and would not likely be included with with your voucher.

Thanks.

Yes, it would be a standard voucher regardless of the ship you are sailing on.

Out of all of your Allure options we tried them all. Samba was the most enjoyable meal for us. Service was excellent and the meat cutter spent extra time explaining each cut of meat and the different flavors associated with them.

You really can't go wrong with any of them though, so enjoy!

I was on Allure three weeks ago. Chops filets are more expensive, and good, but Giovanni's filet is better. I recommend going with Giovanni's Table if you want more variety and a nice filet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree.

Thanks.

Last year on Allure we found that when using the voucher the restaurants did not enforce the date limitations. Ken

Last year on Allure we found that when using the voucher the restaurants did not enforce the date limitations. Ken

We have also been told on some ships we didn't have to book on a port day. My vote is for Giovanni's. Chops has been horrible in both food and service on five different ships we have tried.