What's not covered by UBP?

sharona211

Bottled water?

Soda?

Coffee drinks?

Frozen virgin drinks?

Cappuccino/Espresso?

Juice?

Also, my daughter won't have a bev package. She doesn't drink soda so probably not worth getting her one. What drinks are available for free?

Bottled water?

Soda?

Coffee drinks?

Frozen virgin drinks?

Cappuccino/Espresso?

Juice?

Also, my daughter won't have a bev package. She doesn't drink soda so probably not worth getting her one. What drinks are available for free?

Bottled water = No

Soda = Gun / fountain, no cans

Coffee drinks = No if you mean lattes and the like.

Frozen virgin drinks = Yes

Cappuccino / Espresso = No

Thanks!

Any info on what bevarages are free for those who do not have a package?

In the sit down dining venues there is iced tea, drip coffee, hot tea, lemonade, and tap water , and milk/juice at breakfast

In the buffet there is the same plus milk all day and a few flavored waters after breakfast.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 10 months later...

I've been searching NCL threads about the exclusion of bottled water from the ultimate beverage package...Here is what I cannot seem to find an answer on: There is no package that lists Perrier, San Pellegrino, or Acqua Panna, on either the included or excluded lists from any of the beverage packages they offer? Does anyone know if the Ultimate Beverage Package includes Sparkling Water such as Perrier or San Pellegrino?

It doesn’t include San pallengrino or Perrier water. However you can get soda water at no cost, and there was always a bottle of Pallengrino available in the stateroom for purchase, I believe it was $5 for the large bottle.

It doesn’t include San pallengrino or Perrier water. However you can get soda water at no cost, and there was always a bottle of Pallengrino available in the stateroom for purchase, I believe it was $5 for the large bottle.

Thank you, sure wish your answer was different but thank you just the same.

Thank you, sure wish your answer was different but thank you just the same.

Just an FYI that I was able to get unlimited bottles of pallengrino on RCCL with their ubp. They even had little bottles at the bars you could take with you, was really nice having a cold one for my room in the morning.

What's included in the UBP depends also where (Europe/USA) you book your cruise. If you book in Europe, bottled water and coffee specialities (Cappucina, Café Latte, Espresso) is included in the restaurants (but not in the coffee bar).

I am so confused. This NCL link states that the packages does not include cocktails or draft and bottled beer? I have recently been on Princess & Celebrity...their packages are much cheaper and include so much more...plus, the tip is included in the package when it is offered as a perk.

The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $15 USD. Two (2) beverages per transaction. Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay. Any items over $15 USD will receive a $15 USD discount and the guest will be charged the difference to their account. Ultimate Beverage Package is not available for purchase on charters, sailings that are two (2) days or less, the

Pride of America

or

Harvest Caye.

I am so confused. This NCL link states that the packages does not include cocktails or draft and bottled beer? I have recently been on Princess & Celebrity...their packages are much cheaper and include so much more...plus, the tip is included in the package when it is offered as a perk.

The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $15 USD. Two (2) beverages per transaction. Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay. Any items over $15 USD will receive a $15 USD discount and the guest will be charged the difference to their account. Ultimate Beverage Package is not available for purchase on charters, sailings that are two (2) days or less, the

Pride of America

or

Harvest Caye.

It does not include those that are over $15, if you read the entire statement. For those over $15, you only pay the difference. You might look very hard and find a few that are not included. In general 99.9% of all alcohol is included.

Pride of America

or

Harvest Caye.

It doesn't say that at all.

It says that it does not include BUCKETS OF BEER - that is six beers delivered at a time in an ice bucket.

For cocktails it says that it does not include cocktails priced over $15, but for those you receive a $15 credit, so you only pay the difference between the cost and $15, typically $3 - $4.

NCL's packages are the best in the industry, IMO. If you don't want to pay the gratuity on it, you don't have to take the package, you can pay as you go.

It doesn't say that at all.

It says that it does not include BUCKETS OF BEER - that is six beers delivered at a time in an ice bucket.

For cocktails it says that it does not include cocktails priced over $15, but for those you receive a $15 credit, so you only pay the difference between the cost and $15, typically $3 - $4.

NCL's packages are the best in the industry, IMO. If you don't want to pay the gratuity on it, you don't have to take the package, you can pay as you go.

Whoever is writing the copy for NCL needs to learn how to compose in a clear manor. Perhaps there would not be so many questions about the package inclusions if the policy was explained properly.

Whoever is writing the copy for NCL needs to learn how to compose in a clear manor. Perhaps there would not be so many questions about the package inclusions if the policy was explained properly.

I understood it clearly the first time it was offered and I booked with NCL...it works for what I need. I don't need a "water" package...water is FREE all over the ship. I want drinks, and NCL delivers in spades on this end.

I understood it clearly the first time it was offered and I booked with NCL...it works for what I need. I don't need a "water" package...water is FREE all over the ship. I want drinks, and NCL delivers in spades on this end.

NCL has the most expensive drink package of all the cruise lines and it is very limited. NCL also charges 18% gratuities on their packages even when they are offered as perks. RCCL, Celebrity and Princess do not charge when their packages are offered as booking perks.

Royal Caribbean's offerings....

BEVERAGE PACKAGES

Toast to virtually unlimited options with cocktails, beer, wine, non-alcoholic beverages, premium coffee, tea, and bottled water* – plus a 40% discount on bottles of wine under $100 and 20% off bottles above $100. Learn more.

• Cocktails / Spirits / Liqueurs / Beer
  • Bottled still and sparkling water
  • Wines by the glass
  • Fresh squeezed juices / Non-alcoholic cocktails
  • Premium coffees and teas
  • Fountain sodas / Coca-Cola Freestyle® beverages
  • Coca-Cola® souvenir cup included

Cost: $58.00 per person, per day.

NCL has the most expensive drink package of all the cruise lines and it is very limited. NCL also charges 18% gratuities on their packages even when they are offered as perks. RCCL, Celebrity and Princess do not charge when their packages are offered as booking perks.

BEVERAGE PACKAGES

Toast to virtually unlimited options with cocktails, beer, wine, non-alcoholic beverages, premium coffee, tea, and bottled water* – plus a 40% discount on bottles of wine under $100 and 20% off bottles above $100. Learn more.

• Wines by the glass

Royal's price varies based on the sailing. My next trip on Oasis is $45pp,pd plus 18% grat. To my knowledge, it is never offered as a "perk." Everyone pays.

It is no secret that Royal's drink package is more inclusive that NCL.

Some people will point out that the package is "free" on NCL...well, sort of, if you pay a premium rate to get it for "free." Sail away rate does not include "free" perks. And then of course the "free" drinks come with a 20% gratuity at an inflated price point of $89 pp,pd.

What works well for some does not work well for others. Many things have to be taken into consideration such as category price and duration of sailing.

BEVERAGE PACKAGES

• Wines by the glass

It's been beat to death here, if the RCL package and the math works for you, by all means book it. The prices are fairly close at the bookings I have looked for this fall and next spring on both lines for Carribbean sailings out of S Florida. Most of the time, NCL comes out just a bit ahead...even my travel agent, who does a LOT for RCL says as much.

I have looked at Balconies on both ships, with free at sea on NCL and buying the drink package on RCL. I have sailed NCL more recently and have had great experiences with them.

Choices are good.

It's been beat to death here, if the RCL package and the math works for you, by all means book it. The prices are fairly close at the bookings I have looked for this fall and next spring on both lines for Carribbean sailings out of S Florida. Most of the time, NCL comes out just a bit ahead...even my travel agent, who does a LOT for RCL says as much.

I have looked at Balconies on both ships, with free at sea on NCL and buying the drink package on RCL. I have sailed NCL more recently and have had great experiences with them.

Choices are good.

It also boils down to the final "out the door" price. Nothing in this world is free, the price is just tacked on somewhere along the ride.

Example, looking at a Bahamas cruise out of Port Canaveral. 3 days, same dates, same price per person, one is on Royal and one is on NCL. Taxes and fees for Royal is $85.73pp, NCL is $110.23.

That's what you call cruise line math.

While it may not seem like a lot, these small "discrepancies" here and there can really add up as you build your vacation package. Comparing cruises based simply on the cruise fare is absolutely no way to gauge the true cost of the cruise. And the cruise lines know this...and they know most people are enticed by low fare prices and words like "free."

Carnival has a reputation for being the "cheapest" option out there but in my experience, once you look past the advertised fare and actually go through the booking process, it is often more expensive than Royal or NCL for a similar itinerary on similar dates on comparable ships.

I know this went somewhat off-topic, but it goes to illustrate that overall price must be compared, not piecemeal items like the fare or a beverage package to find the TRUE cost of your cruise.

It also boils down to the final "out the door" price. Nothing in this world is free, the price is just tacked on somewhere along the ride.

Example, looking at a Bahamas cruise out of Port Canaveral. 3 days, same dates, same price per person, one is on Royal and one is on NCL. Taxes and fees for Royal is $85.73pp, NCL is $110.23.

That's what you call cruise line math.

While it may not seem like a lot, these small "discrepancies" here and there can really add up as you build your vacation package. Comparing cruises based simply on the cruise fare is absolutely no way to gauge the true cost of the cruise. And the cruise lines know this...and they know most people are enticed by low fare prices and words like "free."

Carnival has a reputation for being the "cheapest" option out there but in my experience, once you look past the advertised fare and actually go through the booking process, it is often more expensive than Royal or NCL for a similar itinerary on similar dates on comparable ships.

I know this went somewhat off-topic, but it goes to illustrate that overall price must be compared, not piecemeal items like the fare or a beverage package to find the TRUE cost of your cruise.

I believe all the NCL 3 day cruises out of Port Canaveral offer "open bar" included...I'm sure the RCL price you quoted does the same...or you had the drink package purchase figured in. If not, it's an apples to oranges comparison.

Main reason I know this is because the Bride and I have been looking for something over our anniversary and we can easily drive to PC.

I also agree with you that "math" is easy. Look at the entire picture and make a decision that suits you.

The best package is MSC! And without the package cocktails and wine approx $7.50 and service charge is only 15%.

Can you purchase UBP on MSC cruises, or are they only offered as packages with your room category?

Can you purchase UBP on MSC cruises, or are they only offered as packages with your room category?

You can purchase a classic or the deluxe package in advance and the 15% is included or purchase in the ship and pay the 15%..

If you book an Aurea cabin you get the classic package included (but you can upgrade) also a massage each and access to spa and private sundeck.

We are going on NCL Bliss for 5 days in October but my heart belongs to MSC!!!

You can purchase a classic or the deluxe package in advance and the 15% is included or purchase in the ship and pay the 15%..

If you book an Aurea cabin you get the classic package included (but you can upgrade) also a massage each and access to spa and private sundeck.

We are going on NCL Bliss for 5 days in October but my heart belongs to MSC!!!

Forgot to say both drink packages include bottled water and Coke not Pepsi and gelato.

Also in the deluxe package the mini bar is included.

Forgot to say both drink packages include bottled water and Coke not Pepsi and gelato.

Also in the deluxe package the mini bar is included.

Ok! Good to know, I couldn’t find any information beyond the offers included with the various room packages. Do you happen to know the average cost if you upgrade from the classic package, or what the deluxe package costs on own?