Are Celebrity CC rewards redeemed for OBC refundable?

BuckeyeMan

New to the Celebrity CC. Have enough reward points to redeem for a fair amount of OBC. Will the OBC be refundable?

Thanks in advance.

Our experience with the RCI Visa is that the OBC was refundable as it is treated as a third party OBC, and not one provided by the cruise line. I would believe it would be the same with the Celebrity CC.

You could also choose to have the equivalent amount applied directly to your credit card balance once you have made Final Payment, and not be concerned with how to spend the OBC

To add, this would assume a separate balance on the card exclusive of the cruise charges. This would also support the notion that it is refundable.

I confess I am confused. What rewards are you talking about?

RCI (my reference) and Celebrity (OP's reference) have affiliations with banks for credit card sponsorship that earn points (as most cards do) for purchases made through them. These points, based on total accumulated value, can be converted to rewards for the cardholder on board a ship ranging from varying amounts of OBC to free cruises.

The OP was inquiring as to whether or not an OBC applied from these points would be refundable - to which I indicated that based on my experience with the RCI Visa, it would be.

On our last cruise we had $150 OBC from our credit card rewards. Initially Celebrity classified it as Non -Refundable. After a couple of trips to Guest Relation they finally change it to refundable. Not willingly I might add, I had to insist and explain to them it came from my credit card, not Celebrity.

On our last cruise we had $150 OBC from our credit card rewards. Initially Celebrity classified it as Non -Refundable. After a couple of trips to Guest Relation they finally change it to refundable. Not willingly I might add, I had to insist and explain to them it came from my credit card, not Celebrity.

In the past when we've used the RCI Visa OBC we took a copy of the issue receipt from Visa with us as a fallback. We've not had the issue you describe but always like to have the backup just in case.

My experience with both lines, RCCL always gives me cash back at the end of the cruise if I don't use it all. I've had on one time on a Celebrity cruise that they would not give it back in cash, but applied it to my credit card as a credit, even though I had a zero balance. One ship gave me back in cash. I don't think Celebrity likes to give it back to you in cash if not spent, so be prepared. Either way you get it back.

I have generally opted to request the Celebrity VISA card reward in the form of a discount rather than OBC. I've called the phone number that is shown on the website you access through the Celebrity website.

More information about the Celebrity credit card is found on the Celebrity website but navigating to the page on their new website is a little challenging.

So, here is the URL: https://www.celebritycruises.com/celebrity-cruises-credit-card

In the past when we've used the RCI Visa OBC we took a copy of the issue receipt from Visa with us as a fallback. We've not had the issue you describe but always like to have the backup just in case.

That was the problem, I didn't have the receipt. Next time I will make sure to bring it.

RCI (my reference) and Celebrity (OP's reference) have affiliations with banks for credit card sponsorship that earn points (as most cards do) for purchases made through them. These points, based on total accumulated value, can be converted to rewards for the cardholder on board a ship ranging from varying amounts of OBC to free cruises.

The OP was inquiring as to whether or not an OBC applied from these points would be refundable - to which I indicated that based on my experience with the RCI Visa, it would be.

I confess I am confused. What rewards are you talking about?

I was confused also until leaveitallbehind clarified :)

I wish they had a loyalty card for Canadians.