Harmony vs Allure

We were on the Allure several years ago and loved it. We are thinking about going back on the Allure or trying the Harmony.

Does anybody know if the Allure still has the high diving show and Comedy Club? And, does the Harmony have either of these entertainment options?

Also, we usually do a specialty restaurant a few nights. We love Chops and liked the Italian on the Allure. How is Jamie's on the Harmony, along with their other specialty restaurants?

I appreciate all replies.

Barbara

I have one more question to add before I make my decision.

Are there still several times each evening for the shows?

If I remember correctly both the diving and comedy show and ice shows were several times each evening and the other shows were basically scheduled to follow early and late seating. Before dinner for late seating and after dinner for early seating.

If I remember correctly both the diving and comedy show and ice shows were several times each evening and the other shows were basically scheduled to follow early and late seating. Before dinner for late seating and after dinner for early seating.

Harmony has similar show scheduling as Allure.

We just got off Allure this morning. There are still multiple options for each show, some early/some late and also the same shows on multiple days. There was only one family friendly comedy show (last night at 9pm). There were several other comedy shows for 18+ audiences though on a variety of days/times.

Went on Allure in 2014 and Harmony in Dec 2016. Harmony to me is a nicer looking ship as far as the cabins go, has the water slides and the Abyss, and the Escape room.

The biggest difference to me was the food. It was lackluster on the Harmony in the MDR, WJ. Prob the worst we've had on RC. I thought it was just sign of the times, but we just got off the Anthem where we enjoyed the food as much as we did on the Allure.

My speculation it may have to do with the staff on Harmony, who seem overall to have lower morale compared to other ships we have been on. We had many tell us that they feel more busy than other ships they have been on. Maybe it is rubbing off on the food.

If you enjoyed Allure you should enjoy HOS. The HOS Comedy club and Water shows were excellent. Note - there are 2 water shows on Oasis Class ships. The second/comedy water shows are later in the week with no reservations required.

You can have a good/bad dining experience on either ship.

Basically the same ship with the exact same stuff in the same place......

Thats not necessarily true. There are quite a bit that is the same... but there is ALOT of stuff that is different... some, very different!

Both Allure and Harmony have the diving show and comedy club.

Harmony also has dry and wet slides, which Allure does not have.

Barely related, but Oasis had a 2nd diving show that Allure didn't and I really liked it. (SPLISH/SPLASH) I assume Allure hasn't picked that up yet, but maybe I'm wrong its been 4 years already since that epic cruise of 2013.

The biggest difference to me was the food. It was lackluster on the Harmony in the MDR, WJ. Prob the worst we've had on RC. I thought it was just sign of the times, but we just got off the Anthem where we enjoyed the food as much as we did on the Allure.

My speculation it may have to do with the staff on Harmony, who seem overall to have lower morale compared to other ships we have been on. We had many tell us that they feel more busy than other ships they have been on. Maybe it is rubbing off on the food.

Food and service is absolutely awful on Harmony - worst we ever had!:eek:

Been on HOTS not Allure so somewhat lacking. The last night there was an ice show with no reservations that was great. Also Wonderland was a do not miss. Only ate in MDR one night. It was fine. Had the 4 night dinner package. Loved the escape room and the Harmony.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.5 HD using Forums mobile app

Had a great experience on HM the past two weeks. A few minor issues (will mention in a in depth review), but overall, food and crew were excellent. I also loved the Allure, very happy and well run ship, and tons to do.

Personally, if you can afford it, go Harmony. The slides and Quantum Class technology put it in a class of it's own, but Allure would still be awesome otherwise.

We had great service and great food on Harmony. Have not been on Allure.

If you do Harmony and want a specialty restaurant, I agree with others, Wonderland is not to be missed. It is fantastic.

We are going on the Allure in September. Have never sailed on the Allure before. Hoping it's better than the Harmony, a ship on which I will never sail again. HOS had the worst service I have ever experienced. Really disappointed. It seemed as though the staff really didn't want to be there. They may not. Anywho, hoping the Allure is better.

We are going on the Allure in September. Have never sailed on the Allure before. Hoping it's better than the Harmony, a ship on which I will never sail again. HOS had the worst service I have ever experienced. Really disappointed. It seemed as though the staff really didn't want to be there. They may not. Anywho, hoping the Allure is better.

I can totally relate to that HOS had the worst service we ever experienced on a cruise-ship! :eek:

If you enjoyed Allure you should enjoy HOS. The HOS Comedy club and Water shows were excellent. Note - there are 2 water shows on Oasis Class ships. The second/comedy water shows are later in the week with no reservations required.

You can have a good/bad dining experience on either ship.

Is that true of Allure? The 2 times I was on Allure they didn't have the 2nd, different show in the Aqua theater. When I went on Oasis in 2016 that was the first I heard of the 2nd show called SPLISH SPLASH.