WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew: PART 2

C 2 C

26 minutes ago, macrac said:

Does anyone know the main staff on Celebrity Reflection Jan 28? Captain, Cd, Hotel director and Captain club hostess 

I’ll let you know.  We will be onboard next week.  CD is Eddie Jenkins.  The captain should change soon.

We were on Reflection Nov 5. Not sure who is in charge of booking the talent but there were four major mistakes made where the shows did not go on as planned... perhaps more because there was no show the first night. There was also very little scheduling of the lecturers. They were on board the entire cruise but only did a few lectures. One did three lectures, the other did two lectures. It was very disappointing for an 11 night cruise.i hope it wasn't Louis’s fault (the CD) because he was very good, very very funny!

but we had a fantastic cruise anyway!

10 hours ago, BlueSky100 said:

We were on Reflection Nov 5. Not sure who is in charge of booking the talent but there were four major mistakes made where the shows did not go on as planned... perhaps more because there was no show the first night. There was also very little scheduling of the lecturers. They were on board the entire cruise but only did a few lectures. One did three lectures, the other did two lectures. It was very disappointing for an 11 night cruise.i hope it wasn't Louis’s fault (the CD) because he was very good, very very funny!

but we had a fantastic cruise anyway!

The first night entertainment was the singer who did the Whitney Houston tribute!

2 hours ago, MixerDave said:

The first night entertainment was the singer who did the Whitney Houston tribute!

Celebrity is not listening to their customers regarding entertainment. For a large percentage of the customers (Paying them and the bonuses) Their are lots of wonderful entertainment out there why are they not hiring them? This not ment to dismiss all the hard hardworking Cd and good entertainment staff, i am talking about the poor quality ones. I choose to cruise with them and entertainment is a large part of my holiday. Best entertainment on my last cruise was Jayne Curry, the cruise was a disaster and they brought her back for our last night thank god, remember you are suppose to leave on a high. It would be unusual for me to leave a show it has happened 3 times last cruise and several times over the last three years. 

For me entertainment doesn't matter much. It could be negative if it annoy regular passengers (e.g. using all relaxing places, moving from one venue to the other).

Fot the second point: Celebrity (and other cuises) are very happy to hire goot entertainment staff. There are companies specialized on such task. But do you think there is so many good (and so with experience) people who want to stay 6 months on a very small cabin, far from the family? To work as crew on a ship is not so easy choice, especially for people from rich countries.  If you have good people, tell them to apply (just googling Celebrity Cruises Jobs).

They used to hire kids fresh out of school as a first job and there is lots of talent there. As for others, seasoned performers are used to not having the best accommodations and if the rewards are good enough like good pay and perks and conditions they are entertainers and that is the job or is it they want them to work for peanuts then you get monkeys.

1 minute ago, macrac said:

They used to hire kids fresh out of school as a first job and there is lots of talent there singers and dancers. As for others, seasoned performers are used to not having the best accommodations and if the rewards are good enough like good pay and perks and conditions they are entertainers and that is the job or is it they want them to work for peanuts then you get monkeys. Are the talent agents not doing there jobs? Or Celebrity not willing to pay for the hard work the job entails. I am talking about the roving entertainers here.

The first night on the celebrity reflection, Nov 5, 2018 cruise had no show at 7 PM or 9 PM, they just had something at 10 PM which is too late for most people, especially the people who eat at the early seating in the dining room. That was the very first of the SNAFU’s regarding the entertainment mixups. Ashlie Amber’s Whitney Houston tribute was on the second night, Nov. 6. Then Ms Amber did an afternoon show on another day which was very good as well.

Quite a few of the staff told me that they are on “five month” contracts and that the “survey” that we are supposed to get is VERY important as to whether they are offered another job after their contract is up. Also, they all read the remarks. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BlueSky100 said:

The first night on the celebrity reflection, Nov 5, 2018 cruise had no show at 7 PM or 9 PM, they just had something at 10 PM which is too late for most people, especially the people who eat at the early seating in the dining room. That was the very first of the SNAFU’s regarding the entertainment mixups. Ashlie Amber’s Whitney Houston tribute was on the second night, Nov. 6. Then Ms Amber did an afternoon show on another day which was very good as well.

Isn't she supposed to be featured in EDGE???

Ashlie Amber is on contract to Celebrity cruises so can perform on any ship. She is really fantastic! Her afternoon show was on Nov 8 and she got off the ship the next day (Cartagena, Colombia) to go on a different Celebrity Ship.

Edited by BlueSky100

3 hours ago, BlueSky100 said:

Ashlie Amber is on contract to Celebrity cruises so can perform on any ship. She is really fantastic! Her afternoon show was on Nov 8 and she got off the ship the next day (Cartagena, Colombia) to go on a different Celebrity Ship.

Since she is good hopefully she is on Reflection jan 28th

12 hours ago, portcbob said:

would anyone have any idea if Capt tasos will be on the solstice in the 29th March, 2019 sailing Auckland to Sydney. It would be much appreciated.

regards Bob

I don’t think so. He is on board since beginning of November and due to normal 3 months rotation he will leave beginning of February. I think he will back on board when Solstice is in Alaska.

7 hours ago, BlueSky100 said:

Quite a few of the staff told me that they are on “five month” contracts and that the “survey” that we are supposed to get is VERY important as to whether they are offered another job after their contract is up. Also, they all read the remarks. 

This is quite correct.

1 hour ago, winnipegmanitoba said:

Does anyone know who (Captain, Cruise Director, Captain's Club) will be on Reflection for the holidays?  We will be onboard Dec. 21 to Jan 4.

yes.  We will be onboard next week and I will post an update.

the CD: Eddie Jenkins

The Captain might change...

On 11/26/2018 at 11:20 PM, BlueSky100 said:

We were on Reflection Nov 5. Not sure who is in charge of booking the talent but there were four major mistakes made where the shows did not go on as planned...

How is this or any of your follow-up posts related to the title of this thread -- "WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew"??

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SailAway78 said:

Interesting! I read that Captain Kafetzis (current #2 for Edge) is getting Apex, so she will obviously take his slot after he moves (although it's not being delivered until 2020, so I guess it will be late 2019). I don't want to get into another of the "I only care that my Captain manages the ship" vs. "I want my Captain to be visible and entertain me" debates but I am in the latter school and thought that Captain Kate was wonderful when we met her. Plus she is an excellent ambassador for the Celebrity brand on social media.

Edited by MisterBill99

There was one particular entertainment staff member on the Solstice was so bad we stopped doing trivia if she was taking it. After the first bingo where she spent the whole time talking about an imaginary brother while we waited for the numbers. We just couldn’t do bingo again. It’s a shame because we try to get involved but she made it unpleasant. I don’t think we were the only ones to say this.