Chocolate night, and where?

I remember back in the day hearing about mass quantities of chocolate dishes being served on ships during one of the meals, is this still a thing? My DW just showed me pictures from someone on the Harmony, and it was chocolate night in the Windjammer. Please tell me this is a regular thing.

I remember back in the day hearing about mass quantities of chocolate dishes being served on ships during one of the meals, is this still a thing? My DW just showed me pictures from someone on the Harmony, and it was chocolate night in the Windjammer. Please tell me this is a regular thing.

Use to be a weekly thing one of the nite's on Royal, 1980-90s. But went away with the every nite Midnight Buffet. They do something small now once in while but nothing like back then...

Breakfast in MDR one day has chocolate options. That's about it

There was also a chocolate breakfast spread in WJ one morning on Oasis last week. There were lots of delicious mousse type desserts in various types of glasses along with donut/pastry options.

I have been watching recent you tube videos from Harmony of the Seas and twice someone has filmed something which appears to be in the windjammer with a bunch of chocolate items and even a little chocolate sign that said 'chocolate buffet'. If I remember correctly they appeared to be different so I don't think they were the same sailing.

I had thought these were gone too, but then came across these videos and was surprised.

You're the only person I think I've ever seen type "delicious" and "mousse type desserts" in the same sentence. ;p

I was thinking the same thing! LOL. We call them "gelatinous" desserts, and we think they're horrible.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had an amazing midnight chocolate buffet on Radiance in 2014.... was a real spectacle with an amazing bunch of lit ice sculptures and some fantastic desserts... haven't sailed RCI since then so not sure if it's a going event. But is something we still talk about!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just back from Navigator and on one of the nights they had a chocolate corner in the Windjammer with around maybe 10 - 15 different chocolate cakes. It was fabulous! The chocolate corner was also there that morning with things like chocolate covered fruit, pain au chocolat etc. Was just on the one day though. Never seen this on other ships though.