Diamond vs. Diamond Plus

We had to put the best dog ever down last year around Labor Day. He was a welsh terrier and just a lovely boy. We have pinky swore that after the white dog aka Wellington goes away that we are not getting another dog, until we quit traveling. I doubt we stick with that plan, but we shall see. Wellie turns 7 August 15. He has become a sweet boy, but man it was a challenge getting to that point. On the upside the welsh, was a good influence on satan's spawn aka Wellington. It is hard to be without a dog.

JC

I'm pretty sure a lot of us have had the best dog ever. [emoji2] Ours was Chewie, he's been gone 5 years now. We got Bella during his last 6 months. I like to think it added something to his life. Here are the two of them for his last Christmas. Bell's on the right. [emoji6]

25e427eae63d78918ab54cab84e9ac27.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE VERIFY THE FREE BAG OF LAUNDRY COMMENTS......

At the beginning of this thread, several people mentioned a free bag of laundry as a perk for Diamond Plus.

In September we will be taking our first cruise with Diamond Plus status.

Sorry I did not read all the pages here because there were so many. I did connect to the link about different statuses and perks but did not notice anything about laundry.

thanks

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE VERIFY THE FREE BAG OF LAUNDRY COMMENTS......

At the beginning of this thread, several people mentioned a free bag of laundry as a perk for Diamond Plus.

In September we will be taking our first cruise with Diamond Plus status.

Sorry I did not read all the pages here because there were so many. I did connect to the link about different statuses and perks but did not notice anything about laundry.

thanks

Each Diamond Plus (or higher) level guest gets a coupon for one free "wash & fold" bag. All you can stuff in the bag, limited to things like socks, underwear, t-shirts, shorts, pajamas.

We lost our Max (see avatar) in March. He was 13 and led a life of Riley. He never stayed in a kennel despite our heavy travel schedule. He went to "work" everyday with DH until I retired -- then some days he just refused to get off the couch. He wanted to be retired too.

DH wants to get a new puppy but with our travel schedule and new hardwood floors I am thinking it is not a good idea. We shall see who wins! Katherine

We found that Diamond Plus gets a 20% discount on the drink packages on board. Diamond does not as we found on the Harmony. Best to buy your drink package prior to your cruise when they are on sale.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We found that Diamond Plus gets a 20% discount on the drink packages on board. Diamond does not as we found on the Harmony. Best to buy your drink package prior to your cruise when they are on sale.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Diamond plus gets 30% off the Alcohol packages on Liberty.

d3d0ae53b4d2614999d71fd3c035503e.jpg

I hope the discount has not been reduced. It was 30% for D+ and 40% for Pinnacle.

On the confession front, I am a bad person. I have been banned, timed out, warned, and resurrected by LS no less. I don't think I have gotten in trouble for a few years, but I probably deserved to be.:evilsmile:

JC

Those were the over the top fricken fun years on CC :cool:

Those were the over the top fricken fun years on CC :cool:

Yeah, it is not nearly as much fun around here as it used to be. One of the reasons why I don't post as much as I used too. That said, I hate FB so CC is so much better than that or Twitter, etc.

JC

We just got back from cruising on Vision of the Seas and you only get access to the CL if you book higher than a Jr Suite. We weren't impressed as when we booked onboard the Serenade we were told by C&A and Next Cruise we would have access to the CL and reserved seating in the theatre. DL on Vision was often crowded so we would just go the R-bar for our drinks instead.

Just checking that D+, Pinnacles, and grand suite & above guests have access to the CL.

Thanks. That was my understanding, but the post I quoted seemed to indicate otherwise. We have only cruised in grand suites on ships with Suite Lounges lately, but decided to book a junior suite on our Vision b2b since we have access to the CL as D+. I was checking that my plan had not backfired. :D

Thanks. That was my understanding, but the post I quoted seemed to indicate otherwise. We have only cruised in grand suites on ships with Suite Lounges lately, but decided to book a junior suite on our Vision b2b since we have access to the CL as D+. I was checking that my plan had not backfired. :D

On Vision, you can go to the concierge lounge if you are D+.

I really don't think there's anywhere to add it now. They can't keep stealing public areas.

Lost the VCL, lost the secret balconies, lost the original DL, etc.....

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Maybe the next cruise desk space if they make that redundant.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

And this might influence Royals decision to convert CL to SL forcing people to pay to play, i.e. JS or any cabin as D+ vs a full suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And this might influence Royals decision to convert CL to SL forcing people to pay to play, i.e. JS or any cabin as D+ vs a full suite.

Personally we have always enjoyed the DL and understand the massive extras put into the SL on Oasis class ships.

The size of these ships really need an extra CL for the number of top C&A members.

RC haven't compensated D+ members for their CL privilege loss and this is the area that C&A need to look at.

Personally we have always enjoyed the DL and understand the massive extras put into the SL on Oasis class ships.

The size of these ships really need an extra CL for the number of top C&A members.

RC haven't compensated D+ members for their CL privilege loss and this is the area that C&A need to look at.

It sounds to me that ships entering dry dock will be converted to Suite Lounge and do away with CL.

I totally agree!

We are on Independence next May after its refit si i will be able to see first hand.

We have been down this path but let's do it again to keep it interesting.

You mention compensation. What form of compensation you want. I certainly don't think Royal is going to use up any revenue providing space for another D Lounge.

I don't get how something is "owed" or someone is entitled too when the rules clearly say may be changed at any time?

I believe so many have drank too much of the kool aid.