Aqua Class - Tell Me Allllll About It!

jaclynmiles

Breakfast in Blu is really special, especially the table side prepared muesli. A tip is to avoid dining in Blu the first night as it can be crowded and chaotic. That night is a good night to get a discount at a specialty restaurant. Things tends to slow down after the first night in Blu.

My wife can't see past Blu, even on the first night. The rooms are much and such the same as any other balcony cabin except for the shower. It has to be one of the best showers at sea. After a day out walking around the port or after an excursion there is nothing better than going into the rain forest type shower and then applying the jets to your aching muscles.

Don't know if you have cruised before but the staff at Blu and the room attendants are brilliant. We went on the Equinox two years running and the restaurant manager remember our names not just our last name but our first names. Little touches like that make a holiday.

Hope you have a great cruise wherever your going.:cool:

As others have mentioned, the biggest perk (for us) is being able to dine in Blu. Other perks include free access to the Persian Gardens....heated loungers, steam room and - my favorite - the showers!

The advertised perk of priority embarkation is a toss up....we go to the shortest line. You do get an upgraded tote bag, heavier bath robes and slippers....meh.

One thing that we like is the bottle of sparkling wine. We try to order room service one morning and use the bubbly to make mimosas (yum!) If for some reason you don't want to drink it, you can take it with you to the dining room and use it for a credit toward a more expensive bottle of wine (we've never had trouble doing so, but some on these boards say they have).

The other perks aren't worth mentioning.

Showers are amazing, unlimited access to Persian Gardens is nice, Blu (for breakfast) is great, we don't care for Blu at dinner that much.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I do agree that the tower shower in the Aqua class room is tops along with the fog free mirror. If you are a shade lover, you most likely will get it with the overhang over most of the rooms.

I have found that the staff in Blu on Reflection works really hard as they have more cruisers eligible to eat in Blu. It has taken us longer to get service due to that. Just have to be patient.

We love Blu and rarely eat anywhere else for dinner. There is also an upgraded room service menu for breakfast. Finding a spot in Persian Gardens can be a challenge - some people seem to think that they can claim a lounger for hours on end. After mid-afternoon is often a good time.

Sailing on the Reflection for our honeymoon and upgraded to Aqua Class. Tell me what is great about this level! What perks should we check out!? Love reading these tips and tricks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Blu has been mentioned as the primary perk and that is accurate. Blu is your assigned dining room, you do not have a seat assigned in the MDR. I mention this because the wording on Celebrity's web site is confusing. Blu is like eating in a specialty restaurant every night. You will receive a letter in your stateroom explaining Blu and its anytime policy.

My wife can't see past Blu, even on the first night. The rooms are much and such the same as any other balcony cabin except for the shower. It has to be one of the best showers at sea. After a day out walking around the port or after an excursion there is nothing better than going into the rain forest type shower and then applying the jets to your aching muscles.

Don't know if you have cruised before but the staff at Blu and the room attendants are brilliant. We went on the Equinox two years running and the restaurant manager remember our names not just our last name but our first names. Little touches like that make a holiday.

Hope you have a great cruise wherever your going.:cool:

When your in Aqua, try those high pressure showers in the Persian Gardens. They really help with the aching muscles. :D

I do agree that the tower shower in the Aqua class room is tops along with the fog free mirror. If you are a shade lover, you most likely will get it with the overhang over most of the rooms.

I have found that the staff in Blu on Reflection works really hard as they have more cruisers eligible to eat in Blu. It has taken us longer to get service due to that. Just have to be patient.

If you get there early you can get in and out really fast. On the nights we want to go to the early show, we get there about 6pm, eat and are in the theater before the show starts at 7. We don't rush, I think it might help that we only have three courses soup or salad, main course and dessert.

You need to ask your stateroom attendant for the sparkling wine. It isn't there when you board anymore. We have never had a problem exchanging it in Blu and tip the sommelier for providing this service. Of course sometimes we just keep it and do mimosas at breakfast with room service.

If you are offered a discount for a specialty restaurant mention you are AQ because the maitre d in Blu can arrange a 20% discount any night anyway so you might get a better discount offer.

The upgraded toiletries are nice.

You need to ask your stateroom attendant for the sparkling wine. It isn't there when you board anymore. We have never had a problem exchanging it in Blu and tip the sommelier for providing this service. Of course sometimes we just keep it and do mimosas at breakfast with room service.

If you are offered a discount for a specialty restaurant mention you are AQ because the maitre d in Blu can arrange a 20% discount any night anyway so you might get a better discount offer.

The upgraded toiletries are nice.

WOW...thanks for that tip about the 20@ discount that the maitre d can arrange!...In all the times we have sailed AQ I never knew that!! LuAnn

On embarkation you will find in your room a card with a dining time for Blu for the first night. This is a suggestion only. You may go at any time you wish. They make the suggestion to try to prevent a first night grid lock, but if the time does not work for you, feel free to do what fits you.

Also, there is a pillow menu, so if you don't have the kind of pillows you like, ask your steward for other options. We like the molded memory foam ones.

There are no clothes lines in the shower on any of the S-class ships, so get a set of heavy duty magnetic hooks and some twine. We got some from Amazon (set of 4). The walls are magnetic and we use them in the shower to hang wet bathing suits, etc.

The hair dryer provided is the type where you have to hold the button down for airflow. If you have long or thick hair you may want to bring your own, or a wide rubber band to keep the button depressed. There is an electrical outlet on the ceiling in the bathroom. This will only be good for low wattage appliances like an electric shaver or toothbrush.

Have a wonderful trip and a great honeymoon.

we're booked on our 3rd Celebrity cruise in Aqua Class and I wouldn't even consider going without it.

Blu alone is worth the cost. It's decent for breakfast, but excellent for dinner - the food and the service. it's just a wonderful elevated experience.

also, another +1 for that shower in the cabin. it's a big improvement on the standard shower.

On the first night, you may have an opportunity for a 30 to 50% discount on a specialty restaurant. When you board the ship, there will be staff there taking reservations for those restaurants. Tell them you are in AQ and they will tell you what the current discount is. The Specialty Restaurants are top notch and are definitely a step above Blu. A big step in terms of quality of food, atmosphere and service. Blu is not a specialty restaurant. We like Murano and the Lawn Club Grill. Murano is really special. Check out the menus.

On our last cruise, there were no discounts after the first night. It is all related to supply and demand.

The only substandard experiences I have had in Blu was on the first night of a cruise. We generally book a discounted specialty restaurant on our first night now. You just have to be careful when you book so it doesn't clash with the lifeboat drill or sail-away. The specialty restaurants are usually quiet on the first night and the staff are very attentive.

• 1 month later...

Just off the Reflection and very disappointed with Blu. The first night was pretty chaotic, which we expected. On the 2nd night, the maitre d remembered us and said he would put us with a great server. After about 10 minutes, the maitre d returned, took our dinner and wine order, delivered our dinners, and cleared the table. The 3rd night they put us with a server and told her we've been neglected. She was great. Had breakfast the 4th day... back to the poor service. Never went back. Also, the table layout is claustrophobic. All the two tops are in rows with about 15" between tables. It seems like they crammed in extras to accommodate the increasing Aqua Class sales.

I do not understand why everyone thinks the food is so great. The only way it could be deemed healthier is that the portions are small. Like ONE scallop for an appetizer? And it was fried. I ordered a steak one night and asked for the butter to be left off. They left off the butter but smothered it in some weird sauce.

We ate in Blue 3 nights, the MDR 3 nights, Oceanview 1 night, The Lawn Club Grill, The Porch, and Murano. Did not love The Porch but the others kicked Blu's behind.

Hopefully it was just this cruise. We booked another cruise while on this one. We opted for a regular balcony and will use the difference in price to have dinners at the specialty restaurants.

Got a giggle every day with the funky snacks and scented, but unflavored water. Never ate any of them except the olives.

Never went to the Persian Gardens due to a heavy port itinerary, and when we were on the ship we were eating or preparing for the next day.

Will miss the rain shower though. Pretty awesome.

Just off the Reflection and very disappointed with Blu. The first night was pretty chaotic, which we expected. On the 2nd night, the maitre d remembered us and said he would put us with a great server. After about 10 minutes, the maitre d returned, took our dinner and wine order, delivered our dinners, and cleared the table. The 3rd night they put us with a server and told her we've been neglected. She was great. Had breakfast the 4th day... back to the poor service. Never went back. Also, the table layout is claustrophobic. All the two tops are in rows with about 15" between tables. It seems like they crammed in extras to accommodate the increasing Aqua Class sales.

I do not understand why everyone thinks the food is so great. The only way it could be deemed healthier is that the portions are small. Like ONE scallop for an appetizer? And it was fried. I ordered a steak one night and asked for the butter to be left off. They left off the butter but smothered it in some weird sauce.

We ate in Blue 3 nights, the MDR 3 nights, Oceanview 1 night, The Lawn Club Grill, The Porch, and Murano. Did not love The Porch but the others kicked Blu's behind.

Hopefully it was just this cruise. We booked another cruise while on this one. We opted for a regular balcony and will use the difference in price to have dinners at the specialty restaurants.

Got a giggle every day with the funky snacks and scented, but unflavored water. Never ate any of them except the olives.

Never went to the Persian Gardens due to a heavy port itinerary, and when we were on the ship we were eating or preparing for the next day.

Will miss the rain shower though. Pretty awesome.

We had the elite Afternoon Tea in Blu on Reflection and I couldn't believe how close those tables were - perfectly understand your comment of feeling claustrophobic. Every time the person next to me went for their plate, I thought they were going for something off mine. I like my personal space and can't imagine what it feels like when the room is full at dinner time, but I suppose some pax enjoy the closeness to meet other cruisers?

We always enjoy the LCG too :).

We have been in Blu on almost all S class ships. Reflection is the worst, but I think that is because there are extra AQ cabins, as well as a bunch of suites ( who also have access to Blu). Still, I feel it is better than MDR. Many people do not care for the food in Blu. Smaller portions, gourmet food. I sometimes prefer MDR food. Still I love being AQ. I really enjoy the spa and all the amenities.

We can't imagine staying anywhere but in an Aqua cabin. Have never had to wait at Blu and love the great service. If there is something on the MDR menu we would like, our server has always gotten it for us. The Persian Gardens are a dream and we have never had to wait for one of those wonderful warm lounges either.