Personal Service on Carnival vs. Princess

cruisenurse1

I was just on you tube to see the Princess buffet. Wow!

I've had 2 room stewards who were terrible. The first was constantly flirting with my 16 y/o daughter. I removed his tip, the only time I ever did that. I had told him over and over to stop but he didn't. The other was a guy who cleaned my cabin last on his schedule every day even though I asked for earlier service as I was staying on board in port and needed ice and a clean cabin. Oh well. It was just annoying.

Only on Princess once. The fish at dinner tasted like dirt. Got something else which wasn't much better. There was a pool no one seemed to know about with wave action we all enjoyed. It was deserted.

I was just on you tube to see the Princess buffet. Wow!

I've had 2 room stewards who were terrible. The first was constantly flirting with my 16 y/o daughter. I removed his tip, the only time I ever did that. I had told him over and over to stop but he didn't. The other was a guy who cleaned my cabin last on his schedule every day even though I asked for earlier service as I was staying on board in port and needed ice and a clean cabin. Oh well. It was just annoying.

Only on Princess once. The fish at dinner tasted like dirt. Got something else which wasn't much better. There was a pool no one seemed to know about with wave action we all enjoyed. It was deserted.

The buffet on Princess, especially the Royal class blows Carnival away. Much more in the way of choices and no lines and food is actually hot.

The buffet on Princess' date=' especially the Royal class blows Carnival away. Much more in the way of choices and no lines and food is actually hot.[/quote']

Only problem with Princess' buffet is the layout. It is not set up for good flow. It is set up in a circle and an stand in the middle. It is a tight squeeze if there are people at both the outer circle and the island. Also have to watch out for the burning hot utensils since Princess uses heat lamps.

I don't comment on food since that is very subjective.

I may have misread the OP. I stand that the personal service given by the three lines remains Carnival, Princess and Celebrity.

For food, I would put Princess and Celebrity at the top, with Carnival below them. For buffets, Royal Princess cannot be beat.

Only problem with Princess' buffet is the layout. It is not set up for good flow. It is set up in a circle and an stand in the middle. It is a tight squeeze if there are people at both the outer circle and the island. Also have to watch out for the burning hot utensils since Princess uses heat lamps.

I don't comment on food since that is very subjective.

On the latest ships Royal class, buffet runs along the width of the ship and is great for traffic flow.

Do not see the lines you see on Carnival ships. Come with us and bring the feisty one to Europe and you will see what we mean.:)

On the latest ships Royal class' date=' buffet runs along the width of the ship and is great for traffic flow.[/quote']

The buffet on Regal Princess was, hands down, the best buffet I've ever seen on a cruise ship. But to be honest, that's really the only thing that stood out to me on that ship.

They're more alike than different. Carnival's crew is friendlier overall, just a different crew culture.

Food-wise we enjoy Carnival's MDR and Princess's Buffet. Though our last Ruby Princess cruise in January the buffet and MDR were huge disappointments.

The biggest difference will be the buffet set up. For the most part you have to get your own drinks at the Carnival buffet and silverware is next to the plates in the service line. We do appreciate the pizza choices and the deli has made to order sandwiches. The Splendor has an Indian Tandoor aft of the buffet. Carnival MDR is closed for lunch at embarkation and port days.

FWIW a West Coast cruise is vastly different than a Caribbean cruise. Even the CDs don't know what to do with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sailed with both Carnival & Princess, most recent being the Carnival Sunshine (Oct 2016) and the Regal Princess (March 2016). I found the service on both to be pretty good. I will say I prefer Princess' MDR menu over Carnival, not sure if it was just because it was the Sunshine but me being a picky eater, I found Princess to have much better options.

The buffet on the Royal Class, which I believe that style is being rolled out to the fleet (Could be wrong), is great but for a first timer could be very confusing to figure out but easy once you figure out the placement of everything.

We've also met some great crew members on both lines over the years and not so nice ones but you gotta back the best of it. Hope you enjoy your cruise!

Note the fact that Carnival no longer calls it formal evening, and the dress code allows men for example to wear a dress shirt with no slacks or jacket; the same dress code on Princess calls for a tux, dinner jacket or dark suit with a tie. Likewise,

I think they'd frown on men who came in with no slacks on. :D

The buffet on Regal Princess was, hands down, the best buffet I've ever seen on a cruise ship. But to be honest, that's really the only thing that stood out to me on that ship.

Could you expand on why that is (the best buffet part)?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Also on Royal class you can watch movies on demand from cabin and stop them as you wish. Do not think Carnival has this

Carnival has pay per view movies. You can stop them and come back. I think they are $5.99. Not sure though.

I may have misread the OP. I stand that the personal service given by the three lines remains Carnival, Princess and Celebrity.

For food, I would put Princess and Celebrity at the top, with Carnival below them. For buffets, Royal Princess cannot be beat.

I'd put personal service in this order Celebrity (most professional), Princess , Carnival.

Food (if you include buffets) will be Princess, Celebrity, Carnival.

If not then Celebrity/Princess, Carnival.

Who knows what you will think of you next cruise experience, whether it's Princess, Carnival or any other company. It's your perspective of the service you receive. Go with an open mind and you should enjoy yourself, but there are never any guarantees.

So true.

Out of my 8 cruises, I have sailed Princess twice. One was the best experience in service, food and entertainment of all my cruises. And the second was the worst for these.

Unless your booked cruise is consistently getting bad reviews on multiple sites. Just go with a positive attitude and make the best of it...you can't predict if the staff might be disgruntled about something or whatever can cause issues.