Miami port info

petuniaflower

We booked a very last minute cruise on the Divina in a couple weeks and it will be our first time at Miami port..is there any info we should know?

What time can we board until?

Is there parking onsite, what is the cost?

We we will be driving from the Orlando (Disney) area, should I figure about 3.5 hours?

Thanks!

I haven't cruised MSC yet, but I have cruised from Miami after driving in from Orlando and will be doing the same in December. About 3.5 hours sounds right, but leave early enough to give yourself some wiggle room. For convenience and safety, I'd spend the $20 per day and simply Park at the port.

We're driving down from Jacksonville on Saturday and I searched on Port of Miami parking and it looks like it's a little less than $10 a day. They have a shuttle to the terminal and a shuttle trip for 4 people is included in this price. It's %4 per person over 4 for the shuttle service (we have 8).

Should take us about 5 hoursish from here. We plan to leave 7-8am and stop somewhere along the way for breakfast. We should get in somewhere around 2-3 if there are no problems.

Miami from Orlando is closer to 4+ hours. Heck just to get over to I-95 from the Disney area can easily take 45 minutes). Port parking is $20/day NOT $10/day. You can check the East Coast departures board for off-site parking information but there are some scary stories. I feel perfectly comfortable parking offsite at Port Everglades but NOT Port of Miami. My personal preference.

Miami from Orlando is closer to 4+ hours. Heck just to get over to I-95 from the Disney area can easily take 45 minutes). Port parking is $20/day NOT $10/day. You can check the East Coast departures board for off-site parking information but there are some scary stories. I feel perfectly comfortable parking offsite at Port Everglades but NOT Port of Miami. My personal preference.

$10 a day.

These guys also have a garage and have 4-star reviews on Google.

I chose the option with the least hassle for hubby and that includes no shuttles. Been there done that. We each have to go with what is best for us. I drop him and luggage and I park the car 😁

Hi Gadget Rick - the site that you must be seeing at $10/day is NOT the official parking at the port of Miami, despite their URL. It is quite a drive and offsite and NOT affiliated with the Port.

Ah. Anyone have their website? I don't see anything but this and other offsite parking.

We've done off-site parking in Miami before. An extremely long wait for the shuttle back to the lot at the end of the cruise. An hour and a half. Seems like they only had one van and it kept passing us full. We were about to call a cab. Park at the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Since we are renting a car in Disney and in the past got shuttle from Alamo to the Miami Airport will they also shuttle you to the Port? We are also renting a car upon our return no decent flights from Ft. Lauderdale so driving back to Orlando for a late flight that day. This has worked really well for us and we find it relaxing to drive in Florida.

100% in agreement with you!

I am a South Florida local. I will park offsite in Fort Lauderdale any day. NEVER in Miami.

We are driving down from Jersey to board the Divina on Sept 2nd. Spending the night before in Jacksonville. I looks like most of the routing maps route us off of RT 95 onto the Florida Turnpike around Ft Pierce rather than taking 95 all the way down as I have before. I assume major construction??? Anyone know why?

Thanks

We are driving down from Jersey to board the Divina on Sept 2nd. Spending the night before in Jacksonville. I looks like most of the routing maps route us off of RT 95 onto the Florida Turnpike around Ft Pierce rather than taking 95 all the way down as I have before. I assume major construction??? Anyone know why?

Thanks

Long trip. :)

Don't know. We're driving down from Jacksonville tomorrow. Guess we'll find out... :)

Taking the toll road in FL can save some time. Whatever you feel comfortable with will work.

There is construction on 95 but what else is new?

Agree 100% with you.