Hitting the pool

Bazzybuggs

I've heard lots of people say they like to hit the pool before rooms are ready (and to take swimwear in your carry on if that's your plan).

So for those that do, is there somewhere to change or do you wear your swim stuff under your normal clothes on embarkation?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've heard lots of people say they like to hit the pool before rooms are ready (and to take swimwear in your carry on if that's your plan).

So for those that do, is there somewhere to change or do you wear your swim stuff under your normal clothes on embarkation?

Maybe it varies from cruise to cruise, but I don't recall seeing very many, if any, adults in the pool before 1:00, when the cabins are typically ready. Yes, as firemanbobswife noted, there are bathrooms near the pool where you could change clothes if you're in a big rush to take a dip. We prefer to have lunch (and maybe a cocktail) first, then go to our cabin once it's ready to change clothes if we're going to the pool. You'll have more room, and obviously more privacy, in your cabin than in one of the ship's public bathrooms.

Hi

Sometimes the pools are still closed, but often they will be ready and open. Even if the pools might be closed, the hot tubs will be open and generally have a number of people soaking and enjoying their drinks.

I always bring my swimsuit in my carry-on. But we've rarely taken advantage of any pool time before muster drill (or really on the first day at all). We typically like to get on, drop our bags in the cabin, get a drink and get food - in that order! I try to wear something on-board that will be comfortable sitting around on the Lido deck in the hot sunshine!

Every cruise I've been on (except the Alaska trip) people have been in the pool and hot tubs (kids and adults) - we don't...but I was thinking the bathrooms at the gym have great changing areas. If you're traveling with others, you could take turns keeping an eye on carry ons while changing if you don't want to wear your swim suit under your clothes.

I was thinking the bathrooms at the gym have great changing areas. If you're traveling with others, you could take turns keeping an eye on carry ons while changing if you don't want to wear your swim suit under your clothes.

The gym bathrooms are located within the locker rooms.

Be careful in the locker areas prior to sailing as these rooms are open for tours given by the spa staff. I saw a spa staffer getting ready to walk a group of women through the men's locker room before sail away and stopped them because there was a man toweling off in there. I assumed then that the spaces were considered gender neutral for previewing purposes. The spa was busy that day with people wanting to tour the facilities. I also assumed both locker rooms were being passed through to reach the gym which could only be accessed by walking through the locker rooms.

It was that cruise that I suggested to the Spa manager and Carnival that signage be placed at the entrance to the locker rooms and inside the area with wording such as: "Shower Facilities Closed Until After Sail Away." I've never seen signs like that since so I guess the incident was deemed low priority Carnival.

Edited by sanmarcosman

My 11 yr old DD always hits the pool right away. We don't embark until at least 130 so our room is ready...change and head on down

The gym bathrooms are located within the locker rooms.

Be careful in the locker areas prior to sailing as these rooms are open for tours given by the spa staff. I saw a spa staffer getting ready to walk a group of women through the men's locker room before sail away and stopped them because there was a man toweling off in there. I assumed then that the spaces were considered gender neutral for previewing purposes. The spa was busy that day with people wanting to tour the facilities. I also assumed both locker rooms were being passed through to reach the gym which could only be accessed by walking through the locker rooms.

It was that cruise that I suggested to the Spa manager and Carnival that signage be placed at the entrance to the locker rooms and inside the area with wording such as: "Shower Facilities Closed Until After Sail Away." I've never seen signs like that since so I guess the incident was deemed low priority Carnival.

I was led through the men's side on a tour with my mom on the Imagination some years ago. Your suggestion for signs during tours would be helpful.

OP, as another stated our kids wear their suits under their travel clothes. Have fun!

I wear my swim stuff on the boat. My wife wears hers under her clothes. In the past I have changed in the bathroom on Lido. Those stalls are kind of tight so now I just wear my suit on. I guess it depends if you want to look good for the Photo. I skip the photo and go straight to the ship. You will love the fact that not many people use the pool until after they get unpacked. It is my favorite time to be at the pool.

Wear it under.

We bring them in our carry on. We always buy FTTF so our room is ready right away. We put our stuff in the room, go to lunch and then go back to the room and put our suits on. Last cruise on Magic, there was quite a party in the pool area between lunch and the muster drill. It was a blast. Not as many people there as a sea day, but plenty of people there and a dj playing music.

There is a men's room and a ladies room right next to the Lido pool. You can change in there if you can't get into your cabin yet. Sometimes I wear my swimsuit under a sundress/cover-up and head straight to the pool or find a lounge chair on deck. That's a great time to swim or catch some rays because most newbies don't realize they can do that, and it's easy to find a lounge chair and the pool isn't crowded. Then after the crowds clear out from the Lido buffet, I get a bite to eat before food closes for the muster drill.