Worst RCCL Ship

I actually don't agree. So many people say this and it surprises me. If I am going to spend my hard earned money on a vacation, I certainly don't want to spend it on a bad vacation. I will and can wait until the "one" comes along.

The person said if it was offered which i took to mean it was free.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I'd have to say that I won't cruise on Majesty again. Been on her 3 times and the last turned out to be on a very cold and rainy December so everyone had to stay inside for the most of the cruise. I found her pretty boring under those circumstances. Weather can happen at any time, but at least on some of the larger ships there's plenty to entertain.

The thing about your question is that it is entirely subjective. What makes one ship someone's favorite, may make it someone else's least favorite and vice versa. For instance, my husband and I would say our most favorite so far has been the Vision for us as a couple. As a family, Freedom class ships are the best, and for our teen daughter... definitely Freedom class. Our least favorite? The Oasis! However, we have not had a truly terrible cruise on any Royal Caribbean ship.

What we disliked about the Oasis, so many others love. There are so many people on board, and too many activities, some were over lapping, some even in the same venue. (Terrible organization). We also feel that the service on the Oasis is not as well as what we have experienced on the other smaller ships. Not as personal. So, for us, it is not a good fit.

As for the Majesty, yes, it is a smaller ship without a lot of the bells and whistles... but it is a nice change every once in awhile! We are going back on her in a few weeks, fitting in a quick cruise before our daughter starts the school year. Love our cruising! =)

I'd have to say that I won't cruise on Majesty again. Been on her 3 times and the last turned out to be on a very cold and rainy December so everyone had to stay inside for the most of the cruise. I found her pretty boring under those circumstances. Weather can happen at any time, but at least on some of the larger ships there's plenty to entertain.

If you read reviews, you will see that people make the same complaint about cruises that have a lot of rain, regardless of the ship and yes, including the biggest ships.

You can have a bad cruise and it not be the ship's fault at all. In fact, anything on the ship can be repaired if its broken. I've never had a ship itself be so bad that I never wanted to go back on her again. The things that make a cruise "bad" are usually transitional. Passenger base will change on a cruise by cruise basis. Crew and staff will change, food supply will change, ports will change. Any combination of those can make a cruise bad.

The worse cruise I've ever took was on the Jewel of the Seas, but I would cruise on her in a heartbeat because it was a beautiful ship marred by sub-par service of the crew. I've not had quite that level of cruise since then.

If anything, there are specific cruises I would avoid. The 3 and 4-night cruises tend to be booze cruises. I'm not sure I would ever take a Caribbean cruise out of Florida, when U.S. schools are out (summer vacation, winter break, and spring break). You tend to get a lot of very large family groups from the Southeast, because they can drive to the pier from Florida, Georgia, and the Carolinas.

Dang, many of you folks are making this far to difficult. The OP was clearly asking for your opinion, not a scientific study. I'm guessing only half, or less, of responses actually answered his (her?) very simple, straightforward question. Of those that did actually participate rather than kvetch, it seems that Majesty took the honors. I also cast my vote for Majesty.

Dang, many of you folks are making this far to difficult. The OP was clearly asking for your opinion, not a scientific study. I'm guessing only half, or less, of responses actually answered his (her?) very simple, straightforward question. Of those that did actually participate rather than kvetch, it seems that Majesty took the honors. I also cast my vote for Majesty.

Thank you Frank. I tried to state that in my second post. I am not a newbie and have been cruising for many years. I did not ask for opinions on what makes a good cruise, but did not want to appear rude or ungrateful. The few that did answer my question....I thank. The lectures, I just skipped over. Perhaps a newbie can learn from them. :cool:

And you could have saved the lecture and just answered the question.

I had never sailed on any ship that I didn't like.....UNTIL......Majesty. I've sailed with RCCL about 20 times and all ships, even the smaller ones (Enchantment/Serenade) were wonderful. Majesty is just a strange layout. The best things Majesty has going for it is the fact that it STILL (for the time being) has a Viking Crown Lounge. While I don't THINK I would ever sail on that ship again, I'll never say never (but ALMOST never)!

Edited by Reijo

I am just looking for opinions on the least desirable ship on the RCCL'S. I see a couple of itineraries that interest me, but do not want to commit to it yet...because I don't know a lot about the ship. (I don't want to name the ship because I want to see what everyone says) I hope this makes sense.

From my perspective, it would be the Grandeur or the Seas aka Stinky of the Seas. The Grandeur has a history of sewage smells around midship and we have experienced that on both times we sailed on the Grandeur. Never again for me on Stinky.

I prefer Voyager Class or Freedom class ships...they are, IMO, just the right size. They're big enough to have lots of public areas, but not so large that you feel you have to rush about just to see/do everything.

Radiance class, so far, has been my least favorite...not a fan of the 'enclosed" solarium at all.

Totally agree with you. Freedom class is my favorite followed by Voyager!

I had never sailed on any ship that I didn't like.....UNTIL......Majesty. I've sailed with RCCL about 20 times and all ships, even the smaller ones (Enchantment/Serenade) were wonderful. Majesty is just a strange layout. The best things Majesty has going for it is the fact that it STILL (for the time being) has a Viking Crown Lounge. While I don't THINK I would ever sail on that ship again, I'll never say never (but ALMOST never)!

I don't know what you are referring to by a 'strange layout'. Having sailed on Her Majesty (my nickname for her) you do have to walk through one venue to reach another venue. That is the same situation on all the ships that do not have a Promenade. You liked Serenade, which as a Radiance class ship doesn't have a Promenade and therefore would have the same issue of walking through one venue to reach another. We sailed on Jewel (sister ship to Serenade) and unless you walk on the outer walkway....it is through one venue to get to another....but the large amount of glass to look out onto the ocean gives it a unique feel and dimension.

We enjoyed Her Majesty aplenty...small enough and plenty of activities (whenever we sailed on her) spread around the ship....no matter what ship you are on, if it rains the CD has to use their 'alternative Cruise Compass' which should be designed to provide activities indoors.

We do love the Voyager and Freedom classes.....they are big enough without being too big and as Royal adds the water slides they will just become perfect. Yet that doesn't mean that the smaller ships will not be wonderful for a cruise....because they will be.