What did RCCL do for your anniversary?

During booking, it asked if we were celebrating a birthday, honeymoon, or anniversary. I noted we are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. Why do they ask that? What do they do with that information?

Also, is there anything special I can do or ask for? For the record, I do not feel special or entitled to anything simply because it's our anniversary. It's probably a couple hundred other couples as well! But I'd still like to make the most of it of course!

They will send something to your table at dinner, or leave some chocolate covered strawberries in your cabin. Just depends. I would think the more times you have sailed with them, the better your gift would be! Ive never had a request, so not sure.

They don't do anything unless you pay for it. There are several items on the Gifts&Gear part of the RC website.

If you mention it to your waiter, s/he will probably stick a candle in whatever dessert you order. Sometimes your cabin attendant will make "kissing swans" as your towel animal that night.

We got an extra piece of cheesecake and a song sung to us at dinner. Unfortunately, they were a day late and it came out after we'd already ordered and eaten dessert from the menu.

Sent from my H1623 using Tapatalk

We've always received a card in our cabin and a little special desert in the MDR (5x this happened). Next year we are also celebrating our anniversary (Anthem). Our RCI Vacation Planner told me that as part of our Star Class - because we are actually celebrating our anniversary during the cruise we would receive champagne in the cabin, chocolate covered strawberries, decorations in the cabin, a small cake regardless of where we dined (specialty dining is included in our package) and some other little goodies to make our anniversary memorable.

You all are lucky. We've often cruised over our anniversary, and never received anything even though I noted it when I made the reservation. Not even for the "milestone" anniversaries like 25 or 30 years

You all are lucky. We've often cruised over our anniversary, and never received anything even though I noted it when I made the reservation. Not even for the "milestone" anniversaries like 25 or 30 years

Same here.

We were on NCL Breakaway just after our anniversary last year. I had flowers and chocolate covered strawberries in the room waiting for us when we entered but I paid for that, nothing free. It was a really nice way to start the cruise though. Gonna do the same thing this September on Anthem. Gonna order in September. Cruise is September 28.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

We will be on Allure in October for our 36th anniversary, it is marked on our reservation, so we will see if we get anything or not. Don't really care, I am going to the Party store before the cruise and getting stuff to put on the door and some decorations for our cabin.

Same here too! I have received what Bob noted. They will put a candle in desert and sing happy anniversary at dinner.

Even though they might ask about special occasions When booking, the waitstaff never knew we were celebrating anything. Usually the next evening we mentioned that the prior evening was our anniversary. once they learned it was an anniversary (birthday or whatever) they would use the candle and sing.

We have a milestone coming up on the third day of our next cruise.

Reminds me of a funny situation, several years ago we were on a celebrity cruise and they brought us a lovely dessert and sang happy anniversary. Problem is, we were nowhere near our anniversary day. We just smiled and said thank you

M

We had our kids room decorated on their 10th. I also added wine and a cheese tray. Another night I had champagne sent to room. All this was accomplished ahead of time and online.

The crew sang them a song as well and provided them a cake. I think this was because my baby brother who is PC arranged it through the Food and Beverage Mgr.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Absolutely nothing! We were on sailings for both our birthdays and our anniversary last year - and our booking confirmations were all noted - but they did nothing and in fact have not for years. Oh well, doesn't stop us from going back!!:loudcry:

Not married, but we've sailed together for years and we sail on birthdays every trip even at Diamond level the extent has been a piece of cake at dinner. Bought the bossy package for him in March and went to Chops to celebrate ourselves. But it's also been on the Oasis class the last few years so with 6,000 people I'm sure at least 1,000 of those have a honeymoon, anniversary, birthday or something to celebrate so I don't expect anything

Interested in this.

Paying for my parents to go on a Bermuda cruise on Grandeur in a month. It is their gift for their 50th wedding anniversary and their first time cruising. When I made their reservation I was sure to check the anniversary in the special occasions box. I am not expecting much and am planning on ordering them a cake (you can do that) for the formal night and we have some other stuff planned.

This past May we celebrated our anniversary on Jewel and in the dining room after dinner, we got the usual piece of cake with a candle and a song, but we also received a bottle of white wine to take back to our cabin. :D That's a first for us!

Absolutely nothing! We were on sailings for both our birthdays and our anniversary last year - and our booking confirmations were all noted - but they did nothing and in fact have not for years. Oh well, doesn't stop us from going back!!:loudcry:

You can pick lots of things for special occasions. Royal has a site just for it.