Anthem of the Seas- Bermuda, Does the ship skip ahead an hour and if so when? Help!

Hi, I'm travelling on Anthem of the seas on 9/23 for a 5 day to Bermuda and I was booking my my time dining and other things and was wondering if the ship skips ahead an hour since it goes to Bermuda and if so on what day does that happen? I currently have 5:45pm reservations but dont want to be eating dinner at 4:45! Any advice much appreciated!

Hi, I'm travelling on Anthem of the seas on 9/23 for a 5 day to Bermuda and I was booking my my time dining and other things and was wondering if the ship skips ahead an hour since it goes to Bermuda and if so on what day does that happen?

On the Summit a couple of years ago, the time changed after the first sea day (see attached); however, all reservation booking times were relevant to ships time.

Hope this helps! --bruce T.

Summit.pdf

The ship never changes time, so it's possible to visit an island where the time is "different". This is also why it's important to know exactly when the ship's going to sail ... based upon ship AND island time.

That isn't true at all, I have been on multiple ships that have had us change time as we were going to bed, including NCL Dawn to Bermuda two weeks ago.

To the OP, I can't remember if we changed time on our 5 night Anthem Bermuda cruise last September or not. I know I have compasses someplace, I will see if I can find them and will let you know.

Btw Bermuda is an hour later than east coast time. The ship will tell you what time they are operating on while in Bermuda. Just know the time onboard and if local time is different so you don't miss the ship if you are ashore! Enjoy your trip.

On the Anthem a few weeks ago, they had us put clocks ahead one hour on the first night (so boarding night) and then they went back again one hour on the night of Day 3--the sea day after Bermuda. The clocks changed at 2am so no "activities" changed. The only thing guests needed to remember was what time it was--my iPhone never changed over and sometimes I forgot while on the ship!

Hi, I'm travelling on Anthem of the seas on 9/23 for a 5 day to Bermuda and I was booking my my time dining and other things and was wondering if the ship skips ahead an hour since it goes to Bermuda and if so on what day does that happen? I currently have 5:45pm reservations but dont want to be eating dinner at 4:45! Any advice much appreciated!

I found my compasses for our 5 night Anthem sailing from last September, we did change our clocks. We set our clocks one hour forward going to bed Day 2. The actual ship time changed at 2am. We set our clocks back one hour going to bed Day 4. The actual ship time changed at 2am.

Doesn't mean your sailing will definitely do it, but we did on our sailings to Bermuda now on two different chips and cruise lines.

Btw Bermuda is an hour later than east coast time. The ship will tell you what time they are operating on while in Bermuda. Just know the time onboard and if local time is different so you don't miss the ship if you are ashore! Enjoy your trip.

This response is incorrect. Bermuda is Atlantic Time Zone, which is one hour AHEAD of the departure port of Bayonne.

That isn't true at all, I have been on multiple ships that have had us change time as we were going to bed, including NCL Dawn to Bermuda two weeks ago.

To the OP, I can't remember if we changed time on our 5 night Anthem Bermuda cruise last September or not. I know I have compasses someplace, I will see if I can find them and will let you know.

Okay, I haven't sailed NCL. I suppose the better answer is, Check with your cruise line.

When I went to Bermuda in both May and June on Anthem, the clocks were set one hour ahead on the first night at 2 am, and set back one hour on the last night. I love having that extra hour on the last night, being you need to get off early the next day.

I've also been on the ship when the clock was set back on night 4.

The ship never changes time, so it's possible to visit an island where the time is "different". This is also why it's important to know exactly when the ship's going to sail ... based upon ship AND island time.

Okay, I haven't sailed NCL. I suppose the better answer is, Check with your cruise line.

It´s definitely wrong to say the ship never changes time. I´ve yet to be on a ship that did not change when travelling different time zones. Now I´m not saying ships always change the ship times, as there certainly might be cases when they don´t, but IME they change times more often than not.

I sailed on an itinerary recently where we zick-zacked time zones a few times and we changed back and forth every time.

I´ve sailed to Bermuda on RCI, though not on Anthem, we definitely switched time zones.

This response is incorrect. Bermuda is Atlantic Time Zone, which is one hour AHEAD of the departure port of Bayonne.

Doesn't being ahead make it later there? If it is noon here on the east coast it is 1 PM in Bermuda. That seems later to me.

It´s definitely wrong to say the ship never changes time. I´ve yet to be on a ship that did not change when travelling different time zones. Now I´m not saying ships always change the ship times, as there certainly might be cases when they don´t, but IME they change times more often than not.

I sailed on an itinerary recently where we zick-zacked time zones a few times and we changed back and forth every time.

I´ve sailed to Bermuda on RCI, though not on Anthem, we definitely switched time zones.

Ms Pete:

We have sailed NCL, Celebrity , and rccl and all have had us change times over time zones. They announce it in the pamphlets and on a paper on our bed and on the PA system...