Hidden Rocks or Painted Rocks

albeachrealtor

Some of you bring up some interesting points that I will think about and modify my original plans.

Others only posted to criticize and insult. As far as looking at my profile, what purpose did that solve? That's sort of creepy. Did you find out anything interesting when you did that?

If someone left a pile of rocks outside my cabin door, I would laugh. I'm not a stick in the mud that doesn't believe in not having fun or having a joke played on me. However, the negativity that some of your posts portray makes me think I wouldn't want to have you as a tablemate.

With baggage charges at an all time high, another pound of rocks would leave me wondering if I had rocks in MY head. Plus if only 50 cruisers brought a half pound of rocks that would leave 25 pounds of rocks to clean up. Not the best idea for "fun".

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Again you can not be serious!! If you are you must be a kid under the age of 10. So I hope your parents tell you no way are you taking rocks on a cruise ship! I believe it's oblivious how I feel about it. I'll respectively decline your offer. Apparently you're not a kid looking at your CC profile.

actually not oblivious at all. pretty obvious instead

... as looking at my profile, what purpose did that solve? That's sort of creepy. Did you find out anything interesting when you did that?...

Not creepy at all! You're the one that put it out there for CC members to review. Why put it out there if you are offended? That's why the tab is called "about me". Delete it if you don't want others to view it. The only thing I was curious about was your cruise history. Based on your cruise history I determined you are most likely an adult and noted that at the end of my last post to you. Read my last post to you, again. At first I thought I as posting to a kid because I didn't think an adult when even consider bringing rocks on a ship to play hide n seek with.

I've seen the craze around here, but it's not about towns and places. On the backs of the rocks, the creator writes "Placed in memory of..." and the name of a friend or family or community member who has recently died. The rocks are being found in all sorts of places, not just outside....tucked in on a shelf in the hardware store where one man worked before he died, at the local coffee shop where another lady liked to sit and chat with friends, etc.

Why put it out there if you are offended?

I'm not offended. There's nothing interesting on my profile. It's just a little odd that based on one post you felt the need to try to find out more info "about me". I can't say that I've done that to anyone on this site.

This is littering. No different than throwing a piece of trash- you're putting something in a place it's not supposed to be. Don't.

Rocks are found everywhere. How is that littering? If it was leaving a message in a bottle, then that could be considered littering.

I belong to several FB groups that do this and have the supplies, including rocks to paint but haven't done it yet. The initial idea is to brighten someone's day; I think they are called Kindness Rocks. For example, you paint a happy face on a rock, someone having a bad day finds it and has a better day... hopefully. Yes, some are hiding in inappropriate (subjective) places and illegal (perhaps ignorant but not purposely) places, and the facilitators of these groups are reminding their members.

I have thought about painting rocks and placing them somewhere while on vacation but not on my next cruise (Catalina Island and Ensenada), and I won't be putting them on the ship.

I'm not offended. There's nothing interesting on my profile. It's just a little odd that based on one post you felt the need to try to find out more info "about me". I can't say that I've done that to anyone on this site...

Not odd at all. You may just be surprised how many CC members are interested in looking at another CC members cruising history. What I find odd is you elected to share your cruising history with the CC community and then criticize a CC member for taking a look at your public folder. :rolleyes: Enjoy your Holland America cruise. Now back to our regularly scheduled topic...

Rocks are found everywhere. How is that littering? If it was leaving a message in a bottle, then that could be considered littering.

I doubt that you'll find rocks onboard a ship. At least ones that are painted, with other locations names/addresses.

Perhaps those who participate could write on the back of the rocks you are "hiding" on the ship..."return to room ??" then, night before disembarking, gather your rocks from their "hiding" places, pack them up and TAKE them with you!!

Unfortunately my guess is those playing this game will just walk off leaving their treasures behind, forgetting about them, and leaving others to clean up their "this is such a cute idea" fun.

So, if each of the 2,000 passengers each brought 10 rocks then there would be 2,000 x 10 = 20,000 pieces of litter. Now I've seen as many as 6 ships in port at a time, so 6 x 20,000 = 120,000 pieces of litter to be spread around.

So, those who are you are the special, serious ones taking part in this "sweeping" phenomena, hopefully, those few be the only ones with rocks littering our environment, especially when visiting foreign countries. Sounds like a great idea.

Disagreeing is bullying? No one was outright rude or demeaning. Just pointing out that while locally that might be accepted; a cruise is generally international and at best, most likely a majority of people won't be in on the joke, at worst you could find yourself in violation of a law.

We tell our children not to be a bully. It's strange that so many adults never learned this lesson. Or maybe they just forgot.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Forums mobile app

First you tell posters then need to find rocks that say "Be Honest but Kind" and now you call posters bullies. Why, because they disagree with this rock game and don't want this litter to be put around. We have all given our honest opinion, we think it would be kind if folks didn't litter and are not bullying anyone. Maybe you need to find a rock that says "I will respect the fact that other's can have a different opinion than mine" and one that says "I will respect nature and not litter". Edited by NLH Arizona