You've gotta love Celebrity pricing

Mynki

As I've said before you need to treat every cruise individually on its own merit when considering pricing.

This is very much an exception and not a rule, but compare this Aqua class to Sky suite deal :-

Celebrity Constellation sailing 07/12/17. Pricing according to a well known US travel agent.

AQ1 room $2449 inc $75 OBC, included gratuities and pick one additional perk.

S1 suite $2499 inc $375 OBC, included gratuities, Premium drinks package and unlimited internet.

Yes ladies and gentlemen it's cheaper to book a suite than it is Aqua Class on this sailing when you factor in the additional OBC. You also get the added value of unlimited internet, Premium drinks package, Michaels Club and Luminae and for those slaves to the loyalty program, an additional 36 captains club points!

Celebrity Constellation sailing 07/12/17. Pricing according to a well known US travel agent.

S1 suite $2499 inc $375 OBC, included gratuities, Premium drinks package and unlimited internet.

Hasn't this already sailed, or do you mean December 7, 2017? You are quoting in USD.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As I've said before you need to treat every cruise individually on its own merit when considering pricing.

This is very much an exception and not a rule, but compare this Aqua class to Sky suite deal :-

Yes ladies and gentlemen it's cheaper to book a suite than it is Aqua Class on this sailing when you factor in the additional OBC. You also get the added value of unlimited internet, Premium drinks package, Michaels Club and Luminae and for those slaves to the loyalty program, an additional 36 captains club points!

It happens. We have booked at least once when a AQ category cabin was a hundred bucks/person cheaper than a standard veranda.

Ahhhhh. You are correct 😂 But I think we are probably 90 percent of this website 😎😂😂

You've gotta love Cruise Critic for going off topic. I see the forum as international so it makes no sense to use the US date format as you guys are the only nation who uses it.

Never been refused entry, never even had to wait to eat in Blu when staying in a suite. :D

On our Infinity cruise in Feb we were in a Suite and on two occasions we & others were turned away from Blu as they were full and and AQ guests were waiting to be seated. Then this Spring we were in AQ and they were turning away suite guests or asking them to return after 9pm so it does happen. This year was the first time in 17 cruises that I had experienced this.

It happens. We have booked at least once when a AQ category cabin was a hundred bucks/person cheaper than a standard veranda.

It happens with balcony classes fairly regularly. It's much rarer for suites to be effectively cheaper than balcony class rooms though.

On our Infinity cruise in Feb we were in a Suite and on two occasions we & others were turned away from Blu as they were full and and AQ guests were waiting to be seated. Then this Spring we were in AQ and they were turning away suite guests or asking them to return after 9pm so it does happen. This year was the first time in 17 cruises that I had experienced this.

Tip: Tell your MC concierge or Luminae maitre d' when you'd like to visit Blu. You won't ever be turned away then as they'll be expecting you.

You've gotta love Cruise Critic for going off topic. I see the forum as international so it makes no sense to use the US date format as you guys are the only nation who uses it.

As you say, this is an international forum, so realizing that people do use different formats for numeric dates, why not just use the name of the month to avoid confusion?

This past May, we were in a suite. Since we are early eaters, we went to Blu to eat. Not only were we treated like we were peons, we were seated in the very back of the restaurant, even though I asked to be close to a window(lots of seats were open.) Then, we waited an hour just to get a salad. That was the first time in 6 years that there was an incident in Blu. The food was most likely setting there a long time before it was served. We talked to others who unfortunately shared our experience. No, we did not return. Later, we heard that many pertinent employees were replaced. They need to do a better job in Luminae so others won't want to eat in Blu or find a way to improve the situation.

Not a deal breaker, as other experiences were excellent...customer service is something that has been lacking all over the world at times. It does not stop us from traveling...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was checking Solstice's Transpacific for this October. Concierge and Aqua guarantee are currently a lot cheaper than a Veranda - like $1,000 pp cheaper.

Until yesterday the balcony guarantee was $400 to $500 less than the concierge and Aqua cabins. It's been like that for the past week or so. I checked it everyday as I was interested, but not at that price. They probably sold enough to get them to jack the price up.

And yet you showed pricing in US $. I am confused.

Until yesterday the balcony guarantee was $400 to $500 less than the concierge and Aqua cabins. It's been like that for the past week or so. I checked it everyday as I was interested, but not at that price. They probably sold enough to get them to jack the price up.

Wow. I'm now planning on keeping that time frame open next year for any last minute deals. I'd be all over that $2,099 price. It's ridiculous right now.

I was checking Solstice's Transpacific for this October. Concierge and Aqua guarantee are currently a lot cheaper than a Veranda - like $1,000 pp cheaper.

I have seen ocean view more expensive than balcony cabins. Have seen ocean view and balcony the same price. Waiting for suite prices to be the same as inside cabins.

Tip: Tell your MC concierge or Luminae maitre d' when you'd like to visit Blu. You won't ever be turned away then as they'll be expecting you.

Thanks for the tip but it didn't help Luminae maitre d' tried but there were a number of AQ guests waiting & Blu maitre d took care of his AQ guests-as he should have. Suites go on space available basis and sometimes there isn't space- no biggie!

Wow. I'm now planning on keeping that time frame open next year for any last minute deals. I'd be all over that $2,099 price. It's ridiculous right now.

This cruise and the leg between Vancouver and Hawaii has been on my bucket list for years and had never seen prices this low. I didn't jump on it because, based on my last several cruises, I did not see the value at that price.

If you look at next years pricing, you'll see that it's over 50% higher.

This cruise and the leg between Vancouver and Hawaii has been on my bucket list for years and had never seen prices this low. I didn't jump on it because, based on my last several cruises, I did not see the value at that price.

If you look at next years pricing, you'll see that it's over 50% higher.

We're on this years Vancouver to Honolulu and it went through similar crazy prices. I don't know Celebrity does that only to discount so heavily after final payment. That balcony guarantee price you pointed out was a $1,500 pp price drop and as we can see it's not just balconies, it's now CC and Aqua. Price the damn thing reasonably in the first place and people will be happy

These price drops are crazy and this is just since June.

$ 2,099. 2017‑07‑282017‑08‑09

$ 3,649. 2017‑07‑122017‑07‑14

$ 3,699. 2017‑07‑112017‑07‑11

$ 3,799. 2017‑07‑102017‑07‑11

$ 4,049. 2017‑07‑052017‑07‑10

$ 4,299. 2017‑06‑302017‑07‑05

$ 4,449. 2017‑06‑272017‑06‑30