Fountains on pool deck ???

Wishing on a star

I am wondering about the fountains on the pool deck, on Regal.

Notice on cruiser thinks that they are not the best use of space on prime pool-deck real estate.

Anyhow, is this being used besides the show in the evenings?

Most pictures I see it is just an empty roped off space?

Thanks!

I am wondering about the fountains on the pool deck, on Regal.

Notice on cruiser thinks that they are not the best use of space on prime pool-deck real estate.

Anyhow, is this being used besides the show in the evenings?

Most pictures I see it is just an empty roped off space?

Thanks!

When we were on board, they had loungers on it during the day...

On the Majestic Princess in Europe in April, the area was blocked from even walking on (not even loungers put out to use). Totally different than how I saw it on Regal and Royal.

Only time area was used on the Majestic Princess was during the fountain show.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Seems to depend on the cruise. On ours they used it for fountains and a stage but not for loungers or transit (this was Canada/NE so pool space is not critical.

I do concur as neat as it is, not a great use of space at all, since it could have been done the same with jets in or around the pool or something (people would have to stop swimming tho)

Keith, I totally agree with you!!! Big dud.

Tony

I noticed that there are no fountains on the rowboat. Of course I also did notice that, on Tuna Fish Sandwich Night, the formal dress code was pretty strictly enforced... :cool:

I noticed that there are no fountains on the rowboat. Of course I also did notice that, on Tuna Fish Sandwich Night, the formal dress code was pretty strictly enforced... :cool:

That it is. No Tux no tuna sandwich for you. You only get to drink that special rum at the back of The Rowboat :D.

The Captain of the Rowboat,

Tony

Have seen the raised area used for lounge chairs during the day and for dancing during the sail away and deck party. Have also seen a show by the Princess singers and dancers which uses the fountains in the finale.

To my thinking this is a waste of limited pool and deck space. The ship also has to carry and maintain a reserve of pool water just to run the fountains. Better they just use this resource in another full sized pool.

During our Majestic cruise, the 21 day prior to drop off in China....there were enough young cruisers that it was opened at times for family play.......the young participates seem to be having a great time. I enjoyed the water shows. I could careless about real estate around the pool....I can lounge and swim anytime at home, and yes, I have seen many water shows but I still enjoyed seeing something that I view beautiful and new on a ship....it's all relative, isn't it?

Edited by land lover

Hmmmm.... wasted space?

Here's what I experienced on the Royal and Regal in the Caribbean:

1. In the morning, the fountains were turned on low for kids to enjoy a splash pad ( these are found at beaches in Florida).

2. Near noon, when deck was crowded, chairs were placed on the fountain decking, enabling more people to sit by the pools.

3. In the evening, we attended a live music party dancing on the fountain decking.

4. We also watched a performance by the Princess dancers and singers on the fountain deck. It was used as the stage.

5. The fountains were used for entertainment with a light show in the evening.

IMHO this area was well utilized.

Now if they take out the fountains and put another pool there, those who must sit by the pool will find they lost the deck space and have to go hunting for a chair elsewhere.

:)

Now if they take out the fountains and put another pool there, those who must sit by the pool will find they lost the deck space and have to go hunting for a chair elsewhere.

This makes no sense. Look at the photo above. (The second of the two.) Now imagine that space between the round plunge pool toward the top of the photo and the rectangular pool at the bottom of the photo were filled in with a pool instead of a platform. All of the deck chairs that you see in that photo would be in the exact same place. No deck space would be lost. There would even be room for a couple additional hot tubs. If you convert an area that is currently not deck space into a pool, then by definition, no deck space is lost.

This makes no sense. Look at the photo above. (The second of the two.) Now imagine that space between the round plunge pool toward the top of the photo and the rectangular pool at the bottom of the photo were filled in with a pool instead of a platform. All of the deck chairs that you see in that photo would be in the exact same place. No deck space would be lost. There would even be room for a couple additional hot tubs. If you convert an area that is currently not deck space into a pool, then by definition, no deck space is lost.

Ok, in your picture I see chairs lined up all around the pools including the fountain deck.

When you look at this picture: IMG_1535_zpsamstbc3m.jpg

Where do the additional chairs on the fountain deck go if that area is a pool? Remember, deck chairs are already surrounding the fountain in your pic.

Ok, in your picture I see chairs lined up all around the pools including the fountain deck.

When you look at this picture: IMG_1535_zpsamstbc3m.jpg

Where do the additional chairs on the fountain deck go if that area is a pool? Remember, deck chairs are already surrounding the fountain in your pic.

Deck chairs occupy the platform area during a very small percentage of time each cruise. Sometimes never. In other words, deck chairs up there are the exception and not the rule so there is no need to account for the exception.

Deck chairs occupy the platform area during a very small percentage of time each cruise. Sometimes never. In other words, deck chairs up there are the exception and not the rule so there is no need to account for the exception.

I guess we'll just have to disagree. Perhaps my experience on the Royal and Regal in the Caribbean gives me a different perspective of the ships than yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's just to hot to sit up there with no protection from the sun.

That's your opinion. A lot of people love that location.

I'm pretty good with the fountains. I don't see much better use. Another pool doesn't add that much, especially since the pools haven't been totally overflowing with people on the cruises that I've been on (in the Carr.)