Can someone explain Aqua Class please?

MISSGJ

That's what we try to avoid. We were once under the fitness center on a Disney Ship and it was very very loud. I would prefer cabins above as you said so I guess we should refuse the upgrade from A2 to A1 and stick with an aft cabin on deck 11.

We had 1603 on the Silhouette under the pool deck and never heard a thing.

The only available staterooms in A1 category are deck 11 midship underneath the pool area. Would this not be noisy?

That is why I switched from a A1 back to a A2 cabin on my cruise. If you don't want to be far from the elevators in an aft cabin, look at the A2 cabins in the starboard side that are near the elevators - 1540 to 1550. I asked the same question about AQ cabins and was steered to those because they are under the retail shop area in the Spa and are quiet. Stay away from the port side cabins that are under the Aqua Spa Cafe and kitchen as they are also noisy. If you can find anA1 under the solarium, it might be quieter but they will also have the large overhang.

Saying that Blu is "like eating in a specialty restaurant" may be misleading to those new to Aqua Class. It is a nice dining venue but does not compare to Murano and Tuscan Grill in terms of service, atmosphere or quality of food. That is why there is a premium $$$ to dine in those restaurants.

Just my opinion, don't think any of the specialties are any better tha Blu.

Note that you can only get the upgrade at the time of booking. You can't ask for it retrospectively.

Not 100% accurate. I booked and didn't realize until almost a month later they did not give me free upgrade, they did it no problem.

Interestingly I initially booked and paid cost for a C3 stateroom. Realizing since then that I should have received C2 stateroom free. With that realization I got thinking how I would love to try an aft which is C1. So of course I think I will change to pay for C2 and get the C1 upgrade. Called, told no...free upgrade from C2 to C1 is not allowed/offered. Okay, disappointed I figure well at least give me the C2 upgrade free which she did, so now I was paying for C3 but got C2. Figured at least I got something.

Like many here, however, I kept rethinking how I really would like the aft and thought what the heck I will just suck it up and pay the price and get what I want. I call back and ask for C1 aft and I am told 'sure we can do that for you, I will just change your booking to C2 and then apply free upgrade to C1' .. .huh ... did you just tell me what I think you told me. This time I was not asking or expecting this and I actually said to the lady 'you can do that? really that would be great' as I am holding my breath hoping. I was bouncing in my seat, literally.

I am now in a C1 at C2 price and the difference in cost saved $600 CAD for the cabin (2 ppl), cost I had resigned to paying. Shows how one agent can say one thing another say something else.

I will add, however, that this is not to advise not to do the upgrade at time of booking. Mine was an oversight but was not a problem later to correct. Maybe if too much time passed it would be a different result.

Not 100% accurate. I booked and didn't realize until almost a month later they did not give me free upgrade, they did it no problem.

Interestingly I initially booked and paid cost for a C3 stateroom. Realizing since then that I should have received C2 stateroom free. With that realization I got thinking how I would love to try an aft which is C1. So of course I think I will change to pay for C2 and get the C1 upgrade. Called, told no...free upgrade from C2 to C1 is not allowed/offered. Okay, disappointed I figure well at least give me the C2 upgrade free which she did, so now I was paying for C3 but got C2. Figured at least I got something.

Like many here, however, I kept rethinking how I really would like the aft and thought what the heck I will just suck it up and pay the price and get what I want. I call back and ask for C1 aft and I am told 'sure we can do that for you, I will just change your booking to C2 and then apply free upgrade to C1' .. .huh ... did you just tell me what I think you told me. This time I was not asking or expecting this and I actually said to the lady 'you can do that? really that would be great' as I am holding my breath hoping. I was bouncing in my seat, literally.

I am now in a C1 at C2 price and the difference in cost saved $600 CAD for the cabin (2 ppl), cost I had resigned to paying. Shows how one agent can say one thing another say something else.

I will add, however, that this is not to advise not to do the upgrade at time of booking. Mine was an oversight but was not a problem later to correct. Maybe if too much time passed it would be a different result.

Congrats. You were lucky that the 2nd agent made a mistake. Celebrity's written description of the CC upgrade specifically states that you cannot upgrade to C1.

Congrats. You were lucky that the 2nd agent made a mistake. Celebrity's written description of the CC upgrade specifically states that you cannot upgrade to C1.

Thanks!

The irony of that is I read one little mention of that in a thread here after the first agent said cannot be done so I was good with it. I started researching but could find little about it but figured the big price difference I was not surprised. So ya I was considering myself lucky and it was a good day and continue to be very happy :).

The further irony is I had changed from another cruise I had booked when it was offering Go Better so I lost a perk in the switch which was the 300 OBC which I paid to get back (paid 126 CAD more to get 150 US OBC pp) so when I look at it now I think I ended up balanced.

Woot woot.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks!

The irony of that is I read one little mention of that in a thread here after the first agent said cannot be done so I was good with it. I started researching but could find little about it but figured the big price difference I was not surprised. So ya I was considering myself lucky and it was a good day and continue to be very happy :).

The further irony is I had changed from another cruise I had booked when it was offering Go Better so I lost a perk in the switch which was the 300 OBC which I paid to get back (paid 126 CAD more to get 150 US OBC pp) so when I look at it now I think I ended up balanced.

Woot woot.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Scroll to the bottom where it says One Category Upgrade.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/enroll

Note that you can only get the upgrade at the time of booking. You can't ask for it retrospectively.

Not true always. We booked with a TA and forgot to ask for the upgrade. We realized it about a month later and called and got it applied, so we changed to an A1 hump cabin.

Thanks everyone for all your help and advice.

You may want to check out potential rooms by doing a search on this site. That has been helpful to us. We were offered an "upgrade" but we found out that it was under the gym. So be careful unless you can sleep anywhere. We have declined upgrades from A2 to A1 to have hopefully have a quiet cabin.

If you want to be treated real special, then go and eat at Murano on a night that there is nothing that interests you in Blu. There are 2 nights where we stay clear of Blu. You can view the menus for the week early on. What is special about Murano is that some dishes are prepared tableside and your wait staff has about 4 tables versus 8-10 in Blu. Check out the menus online.

Not true always. We booked with a TA and forgot to ask for the upgrade. We realized it about a month later and called and got it applied, so we changed to an A1 hump cabin.

I agree as well. I almost always forget to ask, and I consistently get it applied afterwards.

You would most likely hear the moving of chairs early in the morning when they are doing their cleaning/set ups for the day. Alot depends if you are a light sleeper or not. I try to make sure there are cabins above me if available.

I would definitely agree - although when I've said AQ, it's never been under the pool. One thing that I would put into consideration though for the OP, is that many people probably won't be using the outdoor pool facilities during an Alaska cruise (that's not to say that there won't be noise or scraping of the chairs, there will probably just be less of it compared to a Caribbean cruise).

You may want to check out potential rooms by doing a search on this site. That has been helpful to us. We were offered an "upgrade" but we found out that it was under the gym. So be careful unless you can sleep anywhere. We have declined upgrades from A2 to A1 to have hopefully have a quiet cabin.

If you want to be treated real special, then go and eat at Murano on a night that there is nothing that interests you in Blu. There are 2 nights where we stay clear of Blu. You can view the menus for the week early on. What is special about Murano is that some dishes are prepared tableside and your wait staff has about 4 tables versus 8-10 in Blu. Check out the menus online.

We are cruising on the Silhouette in Aqua class on a 12 day cruise Septemeber 29th. Where can I find the menu's for Blu and the Main dining room online?

We are cruising on the Silhouette in Aqua class on a 12 day cruise Septemeber 29th. Where can I find the menu's for Blu and the Main dining room online?

Enter Blu menu in the search bar on the Celebrity board site. I have seen the menus on cruise critic but can't remember the thread. Also if you go on Celebrity's website you can try looking for the menu by going to restaurants/bars, then going to Blu. You may be lucky if the website is working.

Enter Blu menu in the search bar on the Celebrity board site. I have seen the menus on cruise critic but can't remember the thread. Also if you go on Celebrity's website you can try looking for the menu by going to restaurants/bars, then going to Blu. You may be lucky if the website is working.

I have all the menus from our Oct cruise on the Constellation in our review of that cruise. Here is a link to the menu page: LINK

So I'm onboard RC Indy right now and yesterday booked for Celebrity Solsitce. Had no probs doing this and the lady at Next Cruise seemed knowledgable and had no issues pulling up the cruise we wanted etc. I have recieved email confirmation. The only thing I am concerned about is that she said I will need to call Celebrity to have the onboard booking offer of two perks added (from a choice of four.) Shall I press the issue, go back and ask for what we want added or will Celebrity sort it out next week if I call? Any experience of this or thoughts greatly appreciated. Thanks.

So I'm onboard RC Indy right now and yesterday booked for Celebrity Solsitce. Had no probs doing this and the lady at Next Cruise seemed knowledgable and had no issues pulling up the cruise we wanted etc. I have recieved email confirmation. The only thing I am concerned about is that she said I will need to call Celebrity to have the onboard booking offer of two perks added (from a choice of four.) Shall I press the issue, go back and ask for what we want added or will Celebrity sort it out next week if I call? Any experience of this or thoughts greatly appreciated. Thanks.

This was similar to what we experienced. I believe you are all set. Although in the same family, they have different identities. You can also change your perks at a later date.

I have all the menus from our Oct cruise on the Constellation in our review of that cruise. Here is a link to the menu page: LINK

Your website and reviews/info is absolutely fantastic. Thank you for sharing. I have bookmarked your page to refer to in the future.

This was similar to what we experienced. I believe you are all set. Although in the same family, they have different identities. You can also change your perks at a later date.

Many Thanks. I will call as soon as we get home and add the two included perks.

EXCEPTIONAL! I took the liberty of printing it in PDF format and will take it with us to review on board. Is the menu fairly similar across the fleet, or is it specific to Constellation?

EXCEPTIONAL! I took the liberty of printing it in PDF format and will take it with us to review on board. Is the menu fairly similar across the fleet, or is it specific to Constellation?

From my experience, there is no difference from one ship to the other; however, Celebrity does make changes regularly for pricing. I seem to recall that the Blu menus were supposed to be changing; but haven't seen anything about it recently.