Men's dress code clarification

GLDody

Can men wear nice shorts with collar shirts and closed toe shoes to dinner? I have read many posts and what to wear from Norwegian but I am still unclear. We are cruising to Panama and my husband likes to wear nice shorts on tropical vacations for dinner. Can those of you that have cruised NCL please share your experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

CRUISE CASUAL

Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men.

or

SMART CASUAL

Dress smart casual in our more formal dining room or in our more upscale specialty restaurants. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it's jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes.

Most restaurants are Cruise Casual. If you tell us the ship, we'll tell you which restaurants require long pants for men.

I don't think they are very strict. On our recent Getaway cruise we were in the "formal" MDR and my partner was wearing a regular t-shirt ( no collar) and the man at the next table was wearing an anorak.

Nobody said anything.

for some reason the closed shoes for men (no sandals) is enforced in the Le Bristro

restaurant. not sure about other pay for restaurants. the main dining room venues have no restrictions on nice shorts for men. been on 20 ncl cruises, our experience

for some reason the closed shoes for men (no sandals) is enforced in the Le Bristro

restaurant. not sure about other pay for restaurants. the main dining room venues have no restrictions on nice shorts for men. been on 20 ncl cruises, our experience

The reason why it is enforced in Le Bistro is that that is the dress code in that restaurant.

The other pay restaurants (except maybe places like Ocean Blue and Bayamo) don't have that dress code.

The aft main dining room also doesn't allow shorts on many ships.

I don't think they are very strict. On our recent Getaway cruise we were in the "formal" MDR and my partner was wearing a regular t-shirt ( no collar) and the man at the next table was wearing an anorak.

Nobody said anything.

That's because if you looked at your Freestyle Daily, the Tropicana Room is cruise casual. There is no "formal MDR" on the Getaway. Same on the Breakaway and Escape.

Le Bistro and Ocean Blue are only smart casual restaurants.

That's because if you looked at your Freestyle Daily, the Tropicana Room is cruise casual. There is no "formal MDR" on the Getaway. Same on the Breakaway and Escape.

Le Bistro and Ocean Blue are only smart casual restaurants.

That says it all.

I don't understand how people have such a hard time understanding the dress code especially those who are still apparently confused post-cruise. It is easily found on the website and it posted daily on the listing that details the dining opportunities.